Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dundee connection

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
been reading on here about the dundee connection, i'm one of the dundee boys, have beengoing since 1985, i'm on the picture, described as Berkamp, (thank you), it did start with a trip to the 7-1 brighton defeat, but only one person was at that match with a brighton fan, we have a great set of mates who we meet up with when wecom down, or at away games, and when they come up to dundee, i've met many good people over the years travelling allover watching charlton, and will continue to do so, we dont expect anyone to come and watch dundee fc, its hard enough going to watch them ourselves, cant wait till next season, as there are a few more games up north for us,
p.s. for anyone who seen the video, i'm the one who got Waggy's top on saturday, i left it in good hands with a true charlton fan, hope this clears a few things up,

Comments

• Options
    Nice one.

If you want the signed pic let me know and I'll post it to you
  • Options
    @densderry surely you meant:
    Bin readin' oan haur abit th' dundee connection, aam a body ay th' dundee wee jimmies, hae beengoin' since 1985, aam oan th' picture, described as berkamp, (thenk yoo), it did start wi' a trip tae th' 7-1 brighton defeat, but only a body bodie was at 'at match wi' a brighton fan, we hae a stoatin sit ay mates fa we meit up wi' when wecom doon, ur at awa' games, an' when they come up tae dundee, i've mit mony guid fowk ower th' years travellin' allowre watchin' charlton, an' will continue tae dae sae, we dornt expect anyain tae come an' watch dundee fc, its stoaner enaw gonnae watch them oorselves, cannae bide till next season, as thaur ur puckle mair games up north fur us, p.s. fur anyain fa seen th' video, aam th' a body fa got waggy's top oan seturday, Ah left it in guid hans wi' a true charlton fan, hiner thes clears puckle things up,
  • Options
    cheers henry, drop me your email at johndfc@yahoo.com,

lookout, dundee is in scotland, not wales
  • Options
    Take it up with this lot then lol
  • Options
    I remember coming across you Dundee boys at QPR away, must have been old '1st division days' (Seaman was their keeper) when it became a bit confrontational with OB over their new helmets, something along the lines of Moussehead !! Good old days. I don't go so much now as I have other commitments but nice to know you are still frequenting.
  • Options
    I remember coming across you Dundee boys at QPR away, must have been old '1st division days' (Seaman was their keeper) when it became a bit confrontational with OB over their new helmets, something along the lines of Moussehead !! Good old days. I don't go so much now as I have other commitments but nice to know you are still frequenting.
    I was at the QPR match, seem to recall a badge being ripped from one of the OB's helmets and thrown onto the pitch.

• Options
    good to meet you boys saturday
  • Options
    Did you instigate the boycott of Charlton - Dundee United ski hats in the late 80's. Remember first seeing you all at Watford around 1987-88 and not having a clue what was going on!
  • Options
    @densderry surely you meant:
    Bin readin' oan haur abit th' dundee connection, aam a body ay th' dundee wee jimmies, hae beengoin' since 1985, aam oan th' picture, described as berkamp, (thenk yoo), it did start wi' a trip tae th' 7-1 brighton defeat, but only a body bodie was at 'at match wi' a brighton fan, we hae a stoatin sit ay mates fa we meit up wi' when wecom doon, ur at awa' games, an' when they come up tae dundee, i've mit mony guid fowk ower th' years travellin' allowre watchin' charlton, an' will continue tae dae sae, we dornt expect anyain tae come an' watch dundee fc, its stoaner enaw gonnae watch them oorselves, cannae bide till next season, as thaur ur puckle mair games up north fur us, p.s. fur anyain fa seen th' video, aam th' a body fa got waggy's top oan seturday, Ah left it in guid hans wi' a true charlton fan, hiner thes clears puckle things up,
    Reminds me of my childhood reading The Broons and Oor Wullie!
  • Options
    had my stag in dundee last summer! fat sams is awesome...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snap, FoD, though clearly densderry disagrees!

I was also at QPR - and there was me thinking all along that the Dundee boys only got thrown out because the OB couldn't understand why a bunch of Scots would be in the Charlton end....
  • Options
    been reading on here about the dundee connection, i'm one of the dundee boys, have beengoing since 1985, i'm on the picture, described as Berkamp, (thank you), it did start with a trip to the 7-1 brighton defeat, but only one person was at that match with a brighton fan, we have a great set of mates who we meet up with when wecom down, or at away games, and when they come up to dundee, i've met many good people over the years travelling allover watching charlton, and will continue to do so, we dont expect anyone to come and watch dundee fc, its hard enough going to watch them ourselves, cant wait till next season, as there are a few more games up north for us,
    p.s. for anyone who seen the video, i'm the one who got Waggy's top on saturday, i left it in good hands with a true charlton fan, hope this clears a few things up,
    Something about kilts?????
  • Options
    I thought you Jocks were only interested in hochmagandy....
  • Options
    we went up to Dundee Vs Dundee Utd must have been about 1989. some 13 of us had a huge CAFC flag at the game.

Big Duncan, Selwyn (RIP)etc went up by van the rest of us went up by trian ----good fun
  • Options
    My cousin is a Dundee fan. It may seem a little ignorant but I wondered if you know him. His name is Billy Naismith and he's often at Dens PArk with his little boy Cameron. (I say ignorant because I don't want to seem like one of those who assumes everyone knows everyone but I understand Billy is an active supporter and therefore may be knowaround the club)

I always keep an eye out for their scores as a result of this link
  • Options
    dont think i know your cousin, maybe by sight, you have to remember, there are thousands of Dee fans up here, lol, big Duncan and Selwyn, (RIP), a couple of gentlemen, and a privilage to have known them, the QPR game was ott by the old bill, but not enough to put us off, the 1989 derby they came up for was probably the worst derby match for years, and there hasn't been one that bad since, the Watford hat game, i removed someone's ski hat, but replaced it with a Dundee one, they didn't seem to mind or complain
  • Options
    Dens, when I was in the army I served with a lad Nick Campbell who was a Dundee season ticket holder and I told him about your connections, he came to most home games at Selhurst in 1987, He is still an ST at Dens Park and I am meeting him for an army reunion at Sandhurst on the 27 April and we are both going to Preston away on the saturday, are you going?
  • Options
    Met the lads on the train going back to Arbroath (where I lived at the time) after our previous promotion at Carlisle. I was all hyped up and travelling in the wrong direction to be celebrating with the boys going back to London. As I made my way to the Buffet I saw you lot, cheered and was so surprised to find you were all Jocks and not English lads at Dundee Uni. Had a good drink with ya and even came over one weekend to your local, can't remember its name.

Saw ya a few times after that at 'home' games and the old bill couldn't understand why a group of Jocks were supporting CAFC, they always seemed to treat you with suspicion.

Glad ya still coming along.
  • Options
    Last time I met the Dundee boys was at Blackpool after the game (5-2) in The "Smoking Pub" with Rock Specticle. Got very very drunk !
  • Options
    Great bunch of lads stayed at there place after the friendly with East Fife in 1991 not seen them since until last Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I met one of the Dundee boys once in Topps Tiles in Edinburgh - I had a Charlton badge on my jacket and he noticed it. He worked there - must have been about ten years ago.
  • Options
    @lookout you had me laughing with the translater
  • Options
    If I remember the QPR game correctly, young Vinnie and others from Dundee removing a Charlton Fans Half Charlton/Dundee Utd ski hat and kept throwing it on the pitch. Remember you fellas first at the bar in Euston before a Watford game.
  • Options
    Sorry guys, but these Dundee fans that come to the Charlton games, are they Dundee Utd or Dundee fans? Or are they just from Dundee?

Great to hear tho.
  • Options
    stewart, we're all bar one, dundee fans, SE7 to SG3, Prestonis normally a game we go to, this time it falls to close to my holiday in benidorm, 12th of may, and trip to Carlisle, there is one of us going to preston, (the non dundee fan one), he's taking his young lad, he's teaching him young,
  • Options
    It was only recently that I was wondering if 'those dundee fans in the '80s' were still following charlton.....great to see that you're all still doing it (or maybe you're all a bit crazy!!) :-)
  • Options
    It was only recently that I was wondering if 'those dundee fans in the '80s' were still following charlton.....great to see that you're all still doing it (or maybe you're all a bit crazy!!) :-)
    you've obviously never been to Dundee.
    Seriously though it's a nice place, i've got mates there and often go up via Cityjet from LC Airport. Good connections to the rest of Scotland from the station and five Greggs so it can't be that bad.
  • Options
    like those of you down there, its easy to get hooked, maybe its in the blood, When in the EPL, we had a lot more easier games to go to up north, the days of the overnight bus there and back are over, getting to old for that journey, so its a train or plane, which these days isn't cheap when you add hotel ect to it.
  • Options
    How many Dundee are there in this group? Think there was only a few at Carlisle but I'm sure there was more than that down for the Fri night Southend game few years back??
  • Options
    there was 10 down on saturday, think southend was about 16, but that was a jolly boys outing