Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Other Team's Released Lists 2012

Comments

• Options
    jordan cooks a good player
    Age 22, 5 goals in his career as a striker?
  • Options
    tbh i know we dont need any more central midfielders, but hargreaves might not be a bad shout if hes on a very low pay as you play deal? I'm sure he's desperate to play and to prove everyone wrong about his injuries. Will probably get shouted down but just a suggestion.
  • Options
    I'd rather have Keith Andrews on a free...
  • Options
    I'd definitely take a flyer on McFadden, I know he hasn't done an awful lot the last couple of years but definitely has plenty of talent for this level. Still remember his goal against us the year we went down from the Prem.
  • Options
    Huntington the big Yeovil centre back who some were touting a while back is not signing a new contract.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sorry just realized this was the released thread.
  • Options
    If Hargreaves does a couple more of those fitness video's I'd take him, he is class when fit.
  • Options
    I would leave crocked players well alone.
  • Options
    The Gunners list from Sky

Goalkeeper Manuel Almunia is one of seven players who will leave Arsenal this summer when their contracts expire.

The shot-stopper will end an eight-year association with the club when his deal expires on 30th June.

Almunia kept 70 clean sheets in 175 appearances for the Gunners but fell out of favour last season.

The 35-year-old played four times during a loan spell at West Ham this term and has been linked with a return to Upton Park.

Of the other Arsenal players released, only defender Gavin Hoyte has first-team experience.

George Brislen-Hall, Sean McDermott, Rhys Murphy, James Campbell and Jeffrey Monakana will also depart Emirates Stadium.

• Options
    Id have Almunia as a no.2.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    almunia is a number 2...

• Options
    Not sure we could afford 50k a week though.
  • Options
    Brad Guzan?
  • Options
    Heskey released.
  • Options
    Brad Guzan?
    Too small :)

• Options
    6ft4?
  • Options
    6ft4?
    Fair enough, didn't look it when he played for Villa.

• Options
    Carlos Cuellar released by Aston Villa today, he'd be a top signing. Would be a real statement of intent imo.
  • Options
    Carlos Cuellar released by Aston Villa today, he'd be a top signing. Would be a real statement of intent imo.
    With respect, think we need to calm down a bit. Yes, we r moving in the right direction but talk of certain players like Cuellar is too ambitious

• Options
    I honestly think Guzan will prove to be as good a player as Krul. Surely a top league player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    tbh i know we dont need any more central midfielders, but hargreaves might not be a bad shout if hes on a very low pay as you play deal? I'm sure he's desperate to play and to prove everyone wrong about his injuries. Will probably get shouted down but just a suggestion.
    We don't need any more central midfielders !!!!!! We need two. It's our priority area to strengthen IMHO.
  • Options
    We don't need any more central midfielders !!!!!! We need two. It's our priority area to strengthen IMHO.
    I think we could get by with 4, and after getting rid of Hughes, we will need to replace him, don't think we need 2 though.

• Options
    We haven't got rid of Hughes??
  • Options
    Hughes has a year left. However it wouldn't surprise me if we moved him on. That would leave Stephens, Hollands, Pritchard and probably Russel. Need another two in my opinion.
  • Options
    We haven't got rid of Hughes??
    I'm assuming he will go though
  • Options
    West Ham have released Julien Faubert, John Carew, Abdoulaye Faye and Papa Bouba Diop
  • Options
    West Ham:

Carew
    Faubert
    Faye
    Bouba Diop
    Nouble
    Lee
  • Options
    West Ham also released Rob Lee's son Oliver.
  • Options
    Guzan would be a good second keeper. Doubt he'd want to sit on the bench though after a career of it at Villa.
  • Options
    If there was the slightest chance of signing Carew we should go for it... Always rated him