Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ghostly Encounters

Comments

• Options
    Last night when coming home late I thought I had found proof that ghosts exisit as I saw a baby ghost dead in the gutter!

On further investigation it was a hankie.
  • Options
    Whys are all spirit guides Red Indians? Why not a bus conductor from Lewisham?
  • Options
    Whys are all spirit guides Red Indians? Why not a bus conductor from Lewisham?
    Bus conductors from Lewisham will more than likely be West Indian as opposed to Red Indian!

; )
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    That's flipping horrible... Just glad I'd be able to out run it.
  • Options
    I'm going Howsham Hall this weekend staying a couple of nights there. It's a huge mansion in yorksire listed as the 11th most haunted house in the world. It also carries a curse too according to wikipedia!?
    Anyone been or heard of it? I well excited!
  • Options
    Yeah I first saw it on the ghosts thread on the football 365 forum, one of the many, many messed up things on there.
    I'm going Howsham Hall this weekend staying a couple of nights there. It's a huge mansion in yorksire listed as the 11th most haunted house in the world. It also carries a curse too according to wikipedia!?
    Live updates for Charlton life maybe ?
  • Options
    Lets hope she dont chase Doc!
  • Options
    I'm expecting a live web cam Dave and a stunning impersonation of Derek Acorah getting in touch with the spirit of a dead gorilla....;-)
  • Options
    For some reason they don't mention ghosts here http://search.knightfrank.com/cho080459
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you don't believe watch this true story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40AQ6A3WWSc
  • Options
    I read some where that most "ghostly" encounters occur when a pipe/wall/solid material vibrates at a certain frequency, causing all kind s of weird reactions from the human brain, including hallucinations and intense feeling of dread and fear.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm gonna co-incide the trip to Burnley with going to Pendle Hill to see what I can find

http://www.hauntedhappenings.co.uk/pendle_hill/
  • Options
    Nathan I don't believe in ghosts but I believe things happen we can't explain.

When our children were young we used to hear noises upstairs like they were running around. I would go upstairs to tell them off and they would be sound asleep. It used to be quite regular. Because it sounded so normal a noise it wasn't scary if that makes sense, we just thought it was peculiar. My father-in-law looked after our house when we went away for a few weeks. The first thing he said when we walked in was "It's been like you were never away with the noises upstairs". We didn't talk about it unless the subject of ghosts came up and had never mentioned anything to him. Things went missing and turned up in full view somewhere else, but these could always be explained I thought.
    Our youngest aged three asked one day in a matter of fact way who the man in her bedroom was arguing with. One night my wife woke up and sat up bolt upright and went into our daughter's room where her bedside lamp was wrapped in her duvet smoldering. The lamp had been previously been secured to her bookshelf with cable tacks.
    Next day my wife, who is not religious, contacted the local vicar who came and did an exorcism. We moved out the next year.

Some years later we were talking to a neighbour and we heard that our former house had earlier been left abandoned for twenty years because of a dispute between two brothers who owned the house. One of them hung himself in the upstairs bedroom.

Believe it or not we had unexplained noises from the next house we moved into and our eldest daughter kept waking up with nightmares about people in her room, our friends thought we were going peculiar when we told them why we were moving. We laughed about not having to disclose ghosts on the vendors list of disclosures. Again quite by chance on mentioning where we used to live, a local said "isn't that the place where that writer set himself alight". I looked it up in the local newspaper archives and on the internet and it was a Carribean writer Edgar Mittelholzer who lived there in the 1960s, he was depressed and had suffered discrimination and went outside with a can of petrol to end it all. I looked into his work and it's pretty macabre spirits and dark arts stuff.

Nothing to report where we are at present although we found out the architect who built the house for himself in the 1960s died before it was finished. Been there five years and it's as quite as a grave.
  • Options
    Interesting. Assuming youre a believer now (?) were you before your experiences ?
  • Options
    Spent a couple of nights in a hostel in Florence last week, first night was fine, all slept soundly. Second night, 2 of my mates got lucky and went back to a girl's place, one of those mates had the key for our room which was locked. So me and my mate who unfortunatley hadn't got as lucky were forced to try and sleep in the hallway of the hostel. I couldn't get to sleep, despite being knackered and pissed and every 10 minutes or so I could hear running up the staircase outside the hostel. Quite like Dippenhall, it wasn't freaky sounding, just sounded like some one running up and down the stairs. This was at about 4am, the streets were dead and there was no way there was some one was up and alert running around like that all night, why would they? Pretty much the only ghostly experience I've ever had, but it wasn't terrifying, but in a weird way reassuring, if that makes sense? Like it did just sound like normal running about up and down the stairs as if some one was very busy.
  • Options
    A noise sounds like a noise not a ghost and I haven't seen anything myself but I am alone in my family in not admitting I believe in ghosts. What I have experienced doesn't prove ghosts exists, just unexplained noises and possible imagination and co-incidences. I was the only member of our family who would stay alone in the house over night. If I went away on business my wife moved out or got someone to stay. Didn't worry me I guess because if I heard a noise I didn't assume it was a ghost.
    If you do you can get paranoid. I've had to turn off our burglar alarm now because it kept going off for no reason at night. The last straw was last month the police came round at 4am in the morning banging on the door, the silent panic alarm had been pressed that needs fingers pressed on both sides of the unit to be activated. It was sitting where it always sits by my wife's bedroom table. If it happened to anyone it would be put down to an electrical fault but I know my wife thinks otherwise and probably reinforces her belief in ghosts, but the g word hasn't been mentioned.
    I think you're either susceptible to believe in ghosts or refuse to believe in ghosts regardless of experiences.
  • Options
    But in your previous thread you said nothing to report where we are now?
  • Options
    The burglar alarm thing didn't occur to me until I thought about different reaction to things with no apparent explanation. If you believe in ghosts you might fear ghosts to be the more likely explanation than a power interruption.
  • Options
    Bloody ghosts are Fooking everywhere dippenhall sounds like they are following you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone have any interesting encounters with Ouija boards?

I don't believe in ghosts/Spirits so I am confused as to how there are so many stories about them.

I deffinatly wouldn't use one because there are warnings. Would probably have to see it to believe it.
  • Options

I don't believe in ghosts/Spirits so I am confused as to how there are so many stories about them.

I deffinatly wouldn't use one because there are warnings. Would probably have to see it to believe it.
    Ouija boards are a great example of the subconscious mind making things happening without the body realising it's doing it. i.e. everyone sat round the table, waiting for something to move, without intending to they start to involuntarily shift their bodies to make the table move and the glass move with it.

A great example of this can be found in one of the Derren Brown shows where he has groups of people holding onto tables that start to "dance" around the room under their own "power".

I'm sure there's a better/more scientific way to put it than the above but you get the idea!

• Options

how comes u wouldn't use one if you don't believe in ghosts/spirits?

• Options
    There are alot of warnings from people about them after using them. Just a bit off putting.
  • Options
    Do many people have examples of ghostly encourters that happen in the middle of a very sunny day, rather than at nght when half asleep?
  • Options
    There are alot of warnings from people about them after using them. Just a bit off putting.
    My mum is very much a believer in the spiritual world etc...
    She has done an Ouija bored, and she said and i quote "i'd rather you experiment with heroin than do one of these" Over the top yes! But that alone has put me off ever trying to do one.
  • Options
    My mum is very much a believer in the spiritual world etc...
    She has done an Ouija bored, and she said and i quote "i'd rather you experiment with heroin than do one of these" Over the top yes! But that alone has put me off ever trying to do one.
    You should definately take up junk, she'd feel so guilty.
  • Options
    Woooooo. Need more of this stuff. Great read.
  • Options
    I can confirm a ghost poomthis morning, in broad daylight. I felt it stretch and leave me, I even wiped my bum. Looked down the pan and nothing. Not even a mark or stain
  • Options
    Surely, that's more a 'phantom'?