Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ghostly Encounters

Comments

• Options
    Derek Acorah claimed recently a spirit called 'Sam' told him Madeleine McCann was dead... Bloody hell, Derek - what was this spirit's second name - Buca?
  • Options
    Derek Acorah claimed recently a spirit called 'Sam' told him Madeleine McCann was dead... Bloody hell, Derek - what was this spirit's second name - Buca?
    Why didn;t he ask to speak to Maddie?
  • Options
    I don't care what anyone says, some do exist.
    I see one in my ex birds house and behind her house there used to be a hanging ground. She lives in Farnborough park. it was about 2/3 in the morning and something rushed past me into her bathroom after it woke me up because I felt something on my leg! She was asleep downstairs and no one else was in. I looked and see something hovering and shit myself lol.
    I'm not the only one my mum said she see something at my house the same night it happened. My nan has in her house and my ex missus' mum, dad have seen a bloke with long blonde hair with frilly shirt on in theirs aswell.
    There is 100% something there.
  • Options
    Although I am a confirmed skeptic (what with being a scientist and all), I know that there's a whole lot that we still don't know. In that sense, I have an open mind. But as one very wise person once said 'if your mind is too open, your brain will fall out'. I think it sums up this area pretty well (cf. homeopathy, crystal healing, reflexology, 'mediums').

I can heartily recommed a book on just this subject that became a bestseller for a chap that I used to know (well, he was an acquaintance, at any rate). It really is a great read about a skeptic who investigates many aspects of the supernatural...and there are some genuinely scary bits in it...I had to admire his cojones, because, skeptic or not, I wouldn't have had the stones to do some of the things he did...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Will-Storr-Versus-Supernatural/dp/0091901731

I think that many of you here would really enjoy it. I did. The chapter where he gets onto the set of 'Most Haunted' is a cracker and ends up being hilarious...not least Mr Acorah!
  • Options
    I don't care what anyone says, some do exist.
    I see one in my ex birds house and behind her house there used to be a hanging ground. She lives in Farnborough park. it was about 2/3 in the morning and something rushed past me into her bathroom after it woke me up because I felt something on my leg! She was asleep downstairs and no one else was in. I looked and see something hovering and shit myself lol.
    I'm not the only one my mum said she see something at my house the same night it happened. My nan has in her house and my ex missus' mum, dad have seen a bloke with long blonde hair with frilly shirt on in theirs aswell.
    There is 100% something there.
    Well there you go, categorical proof if ever there was. You've converted me....and the `sighting' of Jimmy Saville just rubber stamps it.

• Options
    I know what I saw don't try mugging people off. It's a debate.
  • Options
    But if you start with "I don't care what anybody says..." then you're not really adding to the debate are you?
  • Options
    But if you start with "I don't care what anybody says..." then you're not really adding to the debate are you?
    I think he was emphasising his point
  • Options
    I think he was emphasising his point
    Badly.
  • Options
    If by ghosts you mean inexplicable apparitions and/or sensations then I'm sure they exist. If,however,you mean them to be some sort of manifestation of a dead person's soul then you're being wilfully naive.

We're a mass of elements,some neutrons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cor some people on here are so busy. It's pathetic lol.
  • Options
    Like I said in an earlier post why has there never been any credible evidence to support the belief that ghosts exist ? To all those of you who have seen a ghost in a certain place more than once or know of an establishment where ghost frequent, where are the pictures, the recordings, the corroborated statements ? Some people spend there entire life trying to get such evidence and visit sites of ghost reports where they set up all manner of sophisticated equipment in order to capture that one image that no one has ever managed before. Have they ever managed it. No. You have to ask why ?
  • Options
    I've never seen a ghost but I have a few friends (who I trust) who claim to have seen a ghost, my take is that it's a phenomenon that maybe some people are tuned into seeing.

One friend had two experiences, the first when she was young - only four/five years old, her parents were invited to a friend's house and while they were there she was left in closed room. The next thing she knows she's being attacked by a dog, naturally she starts screaming and everyone came running and she told them what had happened "Don't be silly there's no dog here" said her parents. The people who's house it was then asked her to describe the dog, it turned out that they used to own a dog exactly as my friend described, but had it put down because it was too violent.

Then as a teen she was invited to a party - on the way she glanced up a neighbour's house and saw the silhouette of a man hanging and thought it was an optical illusion. When she got to the party she told the host what she had seen - it turned out that someone in that house had hanged himself some years earlier.

Another group of university friends used to see a friendly ghost through the window of a neighbour's house and this was quite common - a young woman but no one knew who she was, but as she did no harm they left her alone.

In Biggin Hill the ghost of an airman is said to be seen occasionally waiting near Westerham Hill and there's supposed to be a ghost spitfire that occasionally puts in an appearance.
  • Options
    Until we moved into our current house I would have said anyone who believed in ghosts was potty. But not now.

So many strange things have happened here where do I start. How about my wife "losing" a much treasured ring that she wore daily only for it to turn up in an old tin we hardly ever go to years later; my daughter waking up and hearing a power switch in her bedroom being flicked on and off; my hearing footsteps on the stairs. Thought it was my son returning home after a night out but when I didn't hear his bedroom door shut, getting up and finding he wasn't in; when working at home, going upstairs and coming down to find my laptop had been switched off; seeing a shadow go past our kitchen door and no-one being there; I could go on much more.

Funny thing is we don't feel threatened by what has happened. We have christened the ghost "Granddad" as we know the first owner of the house - who had lived there nearly 50 years - died in the house. We just think he's keeping an eye on us! And we tell him off if he gets up to mischief! But I have to say, that based on my experiences, I honestly do now believe that there is some kind of supernatural being.
  • Options
    Has nobody seen that documentary Sixth Sense? Proof. Fact.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

How dare you take the name of his holy noodliness in vain.....heretic!

I'm still a Pastafarian but I reject the dogma of the FSM actually existing : - 0
    But how can you just ignore all the evidence Henry, when so many people have been touched by his noodly appendage? ;-)

• Options
    youtube.com/watch?v=5XRjcKiAyto

Is this man a ghost? If so, thats one way to deal with them ;) Who needs ghostbusters.
  • Options

How dare you take the name of his holy noodliness in vain.....heretic!

I'm still a Pastafarian but I reject the dogma of the FSM actually existing : - 0
    But how can you just ignore all the evidence Henry, when so many people have been touched by his noodly appendage? ;-)

This is definitely not nla ! ;0)
  • Options
    After a heavy evening drinking a ghost appears to have pissed my pants and caused various other shit around my journey home. Hope the naysayers now accept that. There is an afterlife choc full of vengeful phantoms.
  • Options
    If I see a ghost the last thing I'd think about is getting my iPhone out and taking a pic. I'd be too busy trying to clench my ass cheeks together.

My gran had an old clock on her wall which still worked other than the pendulum swinging underneath. That stopped working a while back. My grandad always use to say how much he loved that clock. Well on my grans birthday the pendulum decided to start swinging. It stopped at the end of the day and also started to swing on my aunts birthday who also lives with my gran.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I see a ghost the last thing I'd think about is getting my iPhone out and taking a pic. I'd be too busy trying to clench my ass cheeks together.

My gran had an old clock on her wall which still worked other than the pendulum swinging underneath. That stopped working a while back. My grandad always use to say how much he loved that clock. Well on my grans birthday the pendulum decided to start swinging. It stopped at the end of the day and also started to swing on my aunts birthday who also lives with my gran.
    Not doubting your word one bit but what do you think this means ?

• Options
    They needed a new clock :D
  • Options
    i've got to say, some of you lot do make me laugh
  • Options
    In Biggin Hill the ghost of an airman is said to be seen occasionally waiting near Westerham Hill and there's supposed to be a ghost spitfire that occasionally puts in an appearance.
    A ghost spitfire? So a ghost of something that was never even alive? Holy moly.... this gets spookier by the minute.
  • Options
    se9accick, may we have a link to the Football365 thread that you mentioned above??? Very interesting thread. I'm still open-minded after having a funny experience back in the day!
    I tried to find it just after I posted that but haven't been on that site in a year and their search function isn't great - There was some pretty good stuff (if you waded through lots of nonsense). I'd say I'm an open minded sceptic, but find the subject interesting
  • Options
    I don't believe in ghosts

But before you have my level of skepticism go and spend some time up at bluebell hill village around November time at night and do the pluckley thing.

• Options
    Are you worried that it might put the willies up you?

• Options
    So to all those saying ghosts exist do you accept aliens exist?

That's much more likely.
  • Options
    Are you worried that it might put the willies up you?

They would definitely put the willies up me and who would believe me if i told everyone I got f**cked by a ghost
  • Options
    Know it alls on a thread about ghosts lol