Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ghostly Encounters

Comments

• Options
    Some one having a cheeky smoke?
  • Options
    I'm enjoying this thread!
  • Options
    Dad, Mum and Grandad have all claimed to of seen Ghosts. Mum often claims to have paranormal experiences as she works in a Tudor mansion in Tenterden. Often hears a little girl crying, but no little girl to be found. The owners of the place have many stories. Seeing is believing though, so can't say I'm a believer yet.
  • Options
    No. Ghosts do not exist. If they did we would be inundated. Think how many things have died in the millions of years life has existed on earth.

The amount of ghost insects alone would be incredible.

And how come you never hear of ghost Dinosaurs. 165 million years and not one Ghost.

Humans a mere 195,000 years and they are everywhere.
    Quality!

• Options
    Ghosts do not exist.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    this image was taken by Yvette Fielding during an overnight stay in an abandoned hotel in Derbyshire:

• Options
    Probably just wind getting in somewhere. If I was a ghost I'd have better things to do.
  • Options
    Of course ghosts exist.....prior to this season we've had a couple in our midfield.
    cows dont have souls thats why you dont see cow ghosts.
    Post of the thread so far! LOL

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe they exist, tortured souls struggling to leave this place for the next. Didn't see one, but did hire a very old farm house in Wales once and with nothing or nobody around us one of the doors we were walking past had three loud knocks through it. After I'd wiped my ass, I called out hello 3 or 4 times, but nothing. Bizarrely and I wasn't expecting this, felt utterly calm and at peace for the rest of the stay, whilst Mrs C was not so impressed and wanted to spend as many hours out of that house as possible.
  • Options
    Wales is full of ghosts, problem is they are still alive

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I do believe that when people die in horrific circumstances i.e. been tortured to death then their spirit comes back to do 'unfinished business' and try and warn people to stay away from the house. It wouldn't surprise me if the Nazi Concentration camps didn't have their fare share of ghosts. So in other words ghosts only exist if the person has been tortured to death and it only applies to humans.
  • Options
    Just to add only humans have souls. Animals, plants, insects and dinosaurs do not. That is why there are only human ghosts.
  • Options
    I have seen one say what you want they exist ,

we were in barbados in our appartment built on an old plantation complex, i went into the bathroom sat on the bog and as i was sitting there a very very easy to recognise black man in very old tatterted clothing was standing in front of our bed , where my 5 year old son and wife were laying , i got up thinking that it was an intruder and rushed forward for it to disappear in front of my eyes,

as i went in my wife was just sitting there staring at where it was, i asked if she saw it and she said i dont want to say yes but i think i just did,

and described exactly what i saw

so if it was not a ghost someone tell me what the feck it was , we told the staff we wished to leave that room , when they asked why embarresed i told them,

they said its not the first couple to see it and we wont be the last

and they moved us

• Options
    so... i think what everyone’s wondering NLA....did you still have your trousers down when you rushed forward at the intruder?

apparently according to davy that guy must of been tortured. so the plantation complex might have something to do with it.
  • Options
    I have seen one say what you want they exist ,

we were in barbados in our appartment built on an old plantation complex, i went into the bathroom sat on the bog and as i was sitting there a very very easy to recognise black man in very old tatterted clothing was standing in front of our bed , where my 5 year old son and wife were laying , i got up thinking that it was an intruder and rushed forward for it to disappear in front of my eyes,

as i went in my wife was just sitting there staring at where it was, i asked if she saw it and she said i dont want to say yes but i think i just did,

and described exactly what i saw

so if it was not a ghost someone tell me what the feck it was , we told the staff we wished to leave that room , when they asked why embarresed i told them,

they said its not the first couple to see it and we wont be the last

and they moved us

Sounds like a very rum story to me ;0)

• Options
    LOL no mate my 5 yr old saw to that , most sober holiday i have ever had
  • Options
    but there is no logical answer, for what happend , i didnt believe in anything like that before then, nothing at all
  • Options
    Weird that both you and your Mrs saw it, and during the daytime (most ghost stories are "I woke up in the night and my dead Gran was sitting at the end of my bead"). Still not sold on ghosts, but there's a thread on the football 365 website forum that had some pretty creepy stuff - one story in particular was mental.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    exactly it was only 3pm
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    Not a believer in ghosts, but i did have one strange thing happen many years ago which was also witnessed by a mate at the time as well.
    We were in a basement studio listening carefully to a playback of a song, and we were concentrating on that. I was sitting next to my mate and next to him on his left was a staircase leading back up to the main house.
    As we listened i noticed that someone had come down the stairs and was standing on one of the lower steps half out of view. Often the wife of the bloke ( Mike) who owned the studio came down and stood on the lower steps and asked us if we wanted a cup of tea or to tell her husband something. I just assumed it was her.
    After a good few moments of this figure just standing there I was about to say to Mike that his wife was there, because I thought she wanted him for something, when i turned instead to say hello to his wife, at the same time as my mate turned also to look towards where the figure was.
    To my surprise there was suddenly nobody there.
    My mate turned back with a really puzzled look on his face, saw me looking, and said " Did you just see someone come down the stairs?"
    We were so sure someone had been there that I even went upstairs but there was no one else in the house.
    Never had anything else remotely like that happen before or since, but we were both certain something came down those bloody stairs that night!

• Options
    My mate was at uni in brighton, didn't believe in ghosts until a pretty violent poltergeist drifted to their student house. Cue about 2 weeks of hell, things floating in front of their eyes and being thrown about the room. One time they all went out and came back to find a big pile of sugar in the centre of the room with all the chairs etc pushed to the side of the room. They brought some excorcists round and after they left they had not heard or seen anything as perculiar at all.

I think saying flat out that ghosts dont exist is an ignorant statement, as well as saying that they exist everywhere etc. There's definitley something that contemporary science can't explain in particular places with particular horrific stories. Very little research has been done into ghosts because people tend to see it as a joke subject. That ghost programme on living i think it was was pretty intresting (NOT most haunted) it was in america? Just a group of guys that went round debunking stories of "strange feelings" and happenings. Interestingly enough it was usually to do with some weird electro magnetism that an electronic device had built up or something that caused these strange things to occur.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Just to add only humans have souls. Animals, plants, insects and dinosaurs do not. That is why there are only human ghosts.
    Plenty of Ghost dogs and Horses. I take it they have souls then?
  • Options
    Anyone who is familiar with the Temple in London (which is a warren of old buildings housing lawyers, between the Thames and the Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand) will know that it is lit with gas lamps which create an eerie atmosphere. It is rumoured that Montague Drewitt who had chambers in Kings Bench Walk was non other than - Jack the Ripper!!
    On several occasions, very late at night, I have seen ghostly figures wandering round the Temple shrieking in eternal agony. Are these ghosts, bewailing those (perhaps innocent) souls sent to the gallows in centuries past which our much lauded legal system has failed???

Nah, more likely pissed lawyers who haven't been paid.

• Options
    Anyone who is familiar with the Temple in London (which is a warren of old buildings housing lawyers, between the Thames and the Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand) will know that it is lit with gas lamps which create an eerie atmosphere. It is rumoured that Montague Drewitt who had chambers in Kings Bench Walk was non other than - Jack the Ripper!!
    On several occasions, very late at night, I have seen ghostly figures wandering round the Temple shrieking in eternal agony. Are these ghosts, bewailing those (perhaps innocent) souls sent to the gallows in centuries past which our much lauded legal system has failed???

Nah, more likely pissed lawyers who haven't been paid.

I just kept getting lost on the way back to charing cross
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Not long ago when we first moved into this house, me and my pal were watching tv on the sofa when I saw a figure seem to run past the door, me and my mate both looked at eachother and said at the same time 'did you just see that', which confirmed to me that it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me, my friend has claimed he's seen it a few times since and not long ago we were both watching telly at about midnight, everyone else asleep and the DVD player just randomly opened - we just ran away haha.

I personally have two major fears, heights and ghosts, always been scared of ghosts