Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France 2012

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Won't pretend to know what it means to cycling or how he done it but well done to the fella

I have never watched it before and didn't watch it this time I can't watch things that take that long to complete
  • Options
    Give that man a knighthood .....
  • Options
    Why do we knight people so easily he won a race yep first time in a hundred years

But say 10 English or British men win the next ten races do we knight them all as well

I don't get it

Take nothing away a fantastic sporting achievement truely momentous in an event that we have never done well in and proberly the one thing the fella has wanted to achieve his whole life

But I don't think it warrants that
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Why do we knight people so easily he won a race yep first time in a hundred years

But say 10 English or British men win the next ten races do we knight them all as well

I don't get it

Take nothing away a fantastic sporting achievement truely momentous in an event that we have never done well in and proberly the one thing the fella has wanted to achieve his whole life

But I don't think it warrants that

He has got the OBE already, to go alongside 6 Olympic medals, 3 of which were gold. He has also won other significant races.
    If he doesn't warrant knighting then what sportsman does?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I don't think any sportsman should get knighted I just don't see why they should it's their job they chose to do

Same as tv personalities etc

Now if bert the postie in his spare time raised millions for under privaliged kids by doing extraordinary things got knighted I would think do you know what what a deserved reward

I just don't think sports or other individuals doing their job deserve it

Not knocking the fella his sports record sounds amazing and is a great reward it's self
  • Options
    I think knighthoods should only be given once you retire tbh
  • Options

I don't think any sportsman should get knighted I just don't see why they should it's their job they chose to do

Now if bert the postie in his spare time raised millions for under privaliged kids by doing extraordinary things got knighted I would think do you know what what a deserved reward

Minded to agree, but civil servants & bankers are also doing their job and they get honours
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    First British Wimbledon finalist since 1938, first British Tour de France winner ever.

Someone will have to do something pretty special in the Olympics to beat those two as contenders for Sports Personality of The Year.

As things stand Wiggins has it for me.
  • Options
    Good call Len. Some of you chaps really piss me off sometimes with your attitude, much as I love your dedication to our boys, sometimes we have to look at the bigger picture...
  • Options

Not knocking the fella his sports record sounds amazing and is a great reward it's self

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now sports personality of the year is justified its a fair reward for an achievement in sport
  • Options
    Even though Wiggins should get it, have just backed Jessica Ennis at 4-1 ;0)
  • Options
    I don't pretend to understand the intricacies of tour cycling but boy what a result it has been compelling all the way through and a fantastic achievement.
  • Options
    Not into cycling in any way shape or form and find all the cyclists on the road in their lycra a pain, espeically as the roads near me are used for regular road races.
    But have to say got hooked on this and really enjoyed watching the Sky team and how they all worked together for the success of individuals and the team
    Sundays final stage was compelling viewing
    Wiggins has to be sports personality of the year no matter what happens over the bext few weeks and i might just be more considerate to the local lycra clad 3 abreast cyclists for a week or two anyway!!
  • Options

...Wiggins has to be sports personality of the year no matter what happens over the bext few weeks...

Absolutely this!!! Though there's still a fair chance that he'll have a couple more Olympic medals by then too.