Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tuesday 7.45pm - England v Ukraine - Preview / Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    We are a positive bunch aren't we...
    Awfully sorry. My, we've been great.

• Options
    If a team plays poorly, why is it an offence to say so?
  • Options
    2-0 Sweden
  • Options
    Played rubbish. Lucky to win this one
  • Options
    Because as 'fans' we're supposed to 'support' the team and not slate everything they do! We won. End of.
  • Options
    Lot of youngsters getting tournament experience. Hodgson adapts his tactics based on who we are playing. Not pretty but has been effective so far.
  • Options
    yesssss won the group if we can stay solid at the back who knows how far we can get :D
  • Options
    Well done England. Results are what counts.

Never thought we would top the group undefeated. Bring on the Azzurri.
  • Options
    we arent great to watch but isnt it nice to finally see an organised England team that continually put their bodies on the line.

not all football can be pretty.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Because as 'fans' we're supposed to 'support' the team and not slate everything they do! We won. End of.
    Yeh, they can hear me from Woolwich. End of.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm almost sorry we won now because if we drawn France would have been out, wouldn't they?
  • Options
    Fantastic result to win the group, well done Roy & co. His teams will never dominate and his tactics thrive on being the underdog. Not sure what more people were expecting? 4-0 strolls in the park?

Bring on the Italians. Anything from now on is a bonus.
  • Options
    I'm almost sorry we won now because if we drawn France would have been out, wouldn't they?
    Think Ukraine had to win to stand any chance of progressing.
  • Options
    nope they still would have been through.
  • Options
    No thoufgt we were pretty poor

• Options
    The
    Welbeck's been a pile tonight.
    The media will still love him (and Sturridge) though and will always put them ahead of a fit Bent.
  • Options
    Unfortunately not, France would've gone through on head-to-head record and anyway they would've had a better GD.
  • Options
    I thought they still went through on head-to-head, but if i'm honest i don't really understand the way they sort it out!
  • Options
    nope they still would have been through.
    Ah, yes, mutual matches not goal difference
  • Options
    Good to see Parker getting mugged off!
    Why ? Are you a sweaty?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought we did what we had to but we were pretty drab. Don't think Italy are up to much though.
  • Options
    Bla Bla Bla - we were shit. we cant play the game properly. We were lucky.

BORE OFF !!!!!!!!!!!

Come on England!!!!
  • Options
    Thought we did what we had to but we were pretty drab. Don't think Italy are up to much though.
    Thought Italy have looked pretty good actually. Looking forward to us putting two banks of four in front of them.
  • Options
    £1237 cheapest BA flight back from Kiev on Monday....
  • Options

BORE OFF !!!!!!!!!!!

Come on England!!!!
    Go walk your dog.

• Options
    somehow we have stumbled into the quarter final. gerrard, terry and lescott played well.

officials poor for their ghost goal.

walcott i do believe did not actually touch the ball.
    milner and the roon were aweful and carroll only managed to knock out two players when he came on.

a special mention has to be made for scott parkers face, who single handly managed to stop nearly all of ukrains attacks.
  • Options

BORE OFF !!!!!!!!!!!

Come on England!!!!
    Go walk your dog.

She's cowering in the corner after all the noise during the game .!
  • Options
    Fairly standard away win for me. Parker was mad, I am sure he would enter a "boot me Head" competion if there was one

• Options
    A spectacular defensive display.Roy got this spot on.
  • Options
    We'll get mullered by the Italians, better defensively, have enough up top to cause us a lot of problems. Would rather of had Spain to be honest