Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tuesday 7.45pm - England v Ukraine - Preview / Match Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    As Andy Townsend so rightly said...."We are a better team without the ball than with it."
    We are hard to beat.
  • Options
    have watched virtually every game and have only been impressed by a handful of performances, let alone teams.

that said, have really enjoyed the tournament.
  • Options
    As Andy Townsend so rightly said...."We are a better team without the ball than with it."
    We are hard to beat.
    I know all about shadow boxing .. but shadow football ? .. perhaps Italy will be so bamboozled by having all of the ball for all of the time that they will fall over from exhaustion without a shot being fired in anger .. BUT, I do know what Townsend means ... Uncle Roy has got through to this improving young team. Their workrate is formidable and a tribute to the manager, an honourable as well as a shrewd and generous gentleman who is at last getting the recognition that he has earned and deserved for over a quarter of a century in football coaching and management.
  • Options
    We are hard to beat.
    Ireland?
  • Options
    I didn't realise until reading this thread how many Charlton fans hate the national side. It's a real shame.
    being unpatriotic is just soooooo fashionable ...
    No, being unpatriotic is soooo last year. We're all supporting the underdogs and uncle Roy now. Get with it, Lincs!
  • Options
    It wasn't the greatest match in the world, but hey we have topped the group with hard work and guts rather than so called stars who in the past were more worried about their own inflated ego's and got us nowhere. Yes I agree we need a bit more 'flair' but as @bingaddick said we have an English manager with a team that's prepared to work hard for each other and not give up.....now which team does that remind me of last season!!
    This was what I was thinking,
  • Options
    We were rubbish, have always been rubbish and will always be rubbish.

I wish I was scottish, welsh or british - anything but English.

So having failed to get a rise out of anyone on the what makes you English thread you thought you'd have a go with some righteous sarcasm here, is that right?
  • Options
    We were rubbish, have always been rubbish and will always be rubbish.

I wish I was scottish, welsh or british - anything but English.

So having failed to get a rise out of anyone on the what makes you English thread you thought you'd have a go with some righteous sarcasm here, is that right?
    Not me @Wheresmesmile

• Options
    Solid performence yesterday. Well done England proving a lot of people wrong including myself.
  • Options
    I don't think we have anything to particularly fear from Italy. Don't get me wrong, it'll be tough, but they didn't exactly slaughter and Ireland team who look a lot lot worse than us. Plus the goal croatia scored shows they definitely have defensive weaknesses that maybe Carrol can exploit. Lastly, they may have drawn with Spain, but on another day Torres could (and possibly should) have scored 2 or 3 goals, certainly Spain had far more clear cut chances against Italy than any team have had against us.