Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    I thought Inside No 9 was good but actually nowhere near the best by their standards.
  • Options
    Yeah, an average no. 9, certainly not a top 10.
  • Options
    First one I’ve seen so will watch some more if that’s average
  • Options
    Yeah, all 4 series of inside no9 are on iplayer.
    definitely worth catching up
  • Options
    My favourite Number 9 was set in an hotel, can’t remember exactly what happened but it was excellent.
  • Options
    Just finished Deadwind on Netflicks.  Very well done and the gorgeous female lead looked like a Dutch girlfriend I had in the '80s.
  • Options
    My favourite Number 9 was set in an hotel, can’t remember exactly what happened but it was excellent.
    Is that the one which was in shakespearean rhyming couplets? That was a good one.

My favourite was 12 days of Christine, it was certainly the most hard hitting. Sheridan Smith was great in it
  • Options
    Not exactly new but highly recommended: The Loudest Voice. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6821044/
    It makes The Morning Show (which I watched earlier and absolutely enjoyed) look like a cheesy soap opera show. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Is that the one which was in shakespearean rhyming couplets? That was a good one.

My favourite was 12 days of Christine, it was certainly the most hard hitting. Sheridan Smith was great in it
    Agree Sheridan Smith was very good in that one. I also remember an early one that had hardly any speaking, 2 burglars trying to steal a painting from a house. It was very clever
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Agree Sheridan Smith was very good in that one. I also remember an early one that had hardly any speaking, 2 burglars trying to steal a painting from a house. It was very clever
    Agree, those two episodes and the crossword one are absolutely brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that was an absolute masterpiece of tv

don't think they've made a dud episode which is amazing considering each one is in a completely new setting with completely new characters
  • Options
    Enjoyed 'The Pharmacist' on Netflix. Put on the first episode and ended up watching them all.
  • Options
    rina said:

don't think they've made a dud episode which is amazing considering each one is in a completely new setting with completely new characters
    It's only just occurred to me what (or rather who) the no. 9 was in last week's episode. 
  • Options
    The Sheridan Smith episode is the truly great Inside No 9. Second best, for me, was Tom And Gerri, the one where Steve Pemberton's homeless character basically moves himself into Reece Shearsmith's home and takes over his life. The silent episode is third on my list, followed by the Samaritans episode. 

There have been some really grim episodes, in terms of subject matter. Grimmest ending for me was The Devil At Christmas. I couldn't see the ending coming because the rest of the episode was shot like a low-rent episode of a Seventies TV horror series, starring Rula Lenska, with 'commentary' from the director, voiced by Derek Jacobi. Grim!
  • Options
    Jints said:
    rina said:

It's only just occurred to me what (or rather who) the no. 9 was in last week's episode. 
    Gave "inside no. 9" a whole new meaning as well!
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    The Sheridan Smith episode is the truly great Inside No 9. Second best, for me, was Tom And Gerri, the one where Steve Pemberton's homeless character basically moves himself into Reece Shearsmith's home and takes over his life. The silent episode is third on my list, followed by the Samaritans episode. 

There have been some really grim episodes, in terms of subject matter. Grimmest ending for me was The Devil At Christmas. I couldn't see the ending coming because the rest of the episode was shot like a low-rent episode of a Seventies TV horror series, starring Rula Lenska, with 'commentary' from the director, voiced by Derek Jacobi. Grim!
    Agree with your top 2. I'd put Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room as third but the silent episode is terrific too.  
  • Options
    The ending to the shoe one was incredible too.  Didn't think that much of the episode and the twist just changed that completely.  Brilliant, brilliant writing.
  • Options
    Curb your enthusiasm new series up to its normal levels of hilarity.
  • Options
    Due to January holiday, am a little bit behind on recordings, so only just finished BBC's Dracula. That's 5 hours of my life I will never get back. 
  • Options
    Binge watched Deadwater Fell from start to finish.
    Found it quite compelling, well acted - not brilliant but definitely worth a watch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Due to January holiday, am a little bit behind on recordings, so only just finished BBC's Dracula. That's 5 hours of my life I will never get back. 
    once i saw the dead vampire baby i thought fuck this shit. saved myself 4 hours. 
  • Options
    Binge watched Deadwater Fell from start to finish.
    Found it quite compelling, well acted - not brilliant but definitely worth a watch
    yeah, finished that at the weekend too. Enjoyed it, but thought there would be a twist? 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    been watching Yellowstone (came out a couple of years ago. now being shown on Paramount).

Kevin Costner's modern day ranch western. The setting in Montana is very good, as is some of the cast.
    the story however feels like an average version of Dallas. going to stick with it purely because i do love a western set film/programme. 
  • Options
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (now on NOW TV) is brilliant, been years since. saw any of it (must've been on C4).
    Not seen much of Seinfeld ever, which is now on C4, just a bit of series 1 which was okay, but certainly not CYE level.
    Which should I prioritise??
  • Options
    Just finished watching White House Farm.
    Brilliantly acted and a fascinating if gruesome story.
    Of course I remember the original case, but I am staggered at how incompetent the police are portrayed, particularly the aggressively intransigent SIO.
    That said, if the case really did hinge on the ex girlfriends testimony I am surprised he was convicted beyond reasonable doubt.
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (now on NOW TV) is brilliant, been years since. saw any of it (must've been on C4).
    Not seen much of Seinfeld ever, which is now on C4, just a bit of series 1 which was okay, but certainly not CYE level.
    Do both!
  • Options
    Salad said:
     Both are excellent. Seinfeld is a little tamer but the stories are hilarious.
    Georges character in Seinfeld is based on Larry David
  • Options
    The Messiah, what a drag......
    Nothing really happens in the whole show.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just finished watching White House Farm.
    Brilliantly acted and a fascinating if gruesome story.
    Of course I remember the original case, but I am staggered at how incompetent the police are portrayed, particularly the aggressively intransigent SIO.
    That said, if the case really did hinge on the ex girlfriends testimony I am surprised he was convicted beyond reasonable doubt.
    I suspect a certain amount of poetic license with the trial being something everyone knew the outcome of. The trashing of the suicide issue, the window, saw marks and iffy phone calls were covered in previous episodes and were probably crucial to the case, but would have detracted from the suspense of the trial. Superbly scripted drama.