Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Salad said:
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (now on NOW TV) is brilliant, been years since. saw any of it (must've been on C4).
    Not seen much of Seinfeld ever, which is now on C4, just a bit of series 1 which was okay, but certainly not CYE level.
    Which should I prioritise??
     Both are excellent. Seinfeld is a little tamer but the stories are hilarious.
    Georges character in Seinfeld is based on Larry David
    Seinfeld, imo, is the best comedy ever made. It gets better from season 2, really hits its stride in season 3 though. 
  • Options
    New season of Narcos Mexico is out. Will be binging it in the weekend. 
  • Options
    Thought Inside No.9 was brilliant last night.
  • Options
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, but been enjoying Locke and Key on Netflix - Based on the graphic novel - its pretty easy watching and enjoyable. Moves at a good pace as well
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Know it's old but I've just started working my way through 'Him&Her' on iPlayer.

Some really funny episodes. Surprised it didn't get bigger coverage
  • Options
    Know it's old but I've just started working my way through 'Him&Her' on iPlayer.

Some really funny episodes. Surprised it didn't get bigger coverage
    Him and Her is great, Joe Wilkinson steals the show imo

also Him and Her is the same writer as Mum, which is one of my absolute favourite series 
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (now on NOW TV) is brilliant, been years since. saw any of it (must've been on C4).
    Not seen much of Seinfeld ever, which is now on C4, just a bit of series 1 which was okay, but certainly not CYE level.
    Seinfeld, imo, is the best comedy ever made. It gets better from season 2, really hits its stride in season 3 though. 
    Never 'got' Seinfeld, never saw where the comedy was supposed to be.  The pared back version that is CYE is even worse: central premise a grumpy intolerant old arsehole making his life and everybody else's a misery by being grumpy, intolerant with no self awareness nor consideration for anybody else at all.  We stumble across pr!cks like that all the time, why anyone would want to sit down and watch more with american accents and canned laughter is baffling.
  • Options
    Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime is great.
    I am sure it has been mentioned before but if you are enjoying Jack Ryan 'Looming Tower' is well worth a watch........if you have not seen it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did you...? Thought it was bang average. No real twist to it at all.
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Never 'got' Seinfeld, never saw where the comedy was supposed to be.  The pared back version that is CYE is even worse: central premise a grumpy intolerant old arsehole making his life and everybody else's a misery by being grumpy, intolerant with no self awareness nor consideration for anybody else at all.  We stumble across pr!cks like that all the time, why anyone would want to sit down and watch more with american accents and canned laughter is baffling.
    Seinfeld is one of the best comedies EVER. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Definitely a different format. The main twist was planted earlier rather than in the final scene. 
    Looking forward to rewatching that one for sure.

worth listening to the podcast they do after each episode airs. Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton discuss all the details of the plot along with other ideas etc.
  • Options
    Salad said:
    And there was me thinking how much like Larry David I was!!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Watching the back series of Inside No.9 on iPlayer, really enjoyed the one where they try to steal the painting. Only two lines spoken in the whole 30 mins, very funny. 
  • Options
    Agree with a few comments about Jack Ryan. Really enjoyed it.  Went through Treadstone on a few work journeys. Again, really good for Bourne fans.

Watched the first 4 episodes of Picard. It’s a series long story, rather than one off episodes. Might seem slow because of that, but it’s building nicely. Some really nice touches.  As it’s only releasing episodes weekly, I’ve just started The Expanse as well. 
  • Options
    Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime is great.
    Really enjoyed Season 1. Season 2 was watchable but not as good. 
  • Options
    It's not always about the twist.
  • Options
    The furys has been good, his dad is an absolute tool though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The ‘twist’ was quietly hinted at in a 2 person conversation near the end. There was no set piece denouement or simplistic plot exposition. A moment’s inattention and it would have been missed. 

I’m aware that Seinfeld and CYE were critically and commercially successful hence declaring I don’t “get” either one.

• Options
    Just watched episode one of Full Steam Ahead on BBC2. 

The program depicts the importance and significance of the introduction of the railway during Victorian times and the resultant cataclysmic changes brought about.  Fantastic shots of the Ffestiniog small gauge (2 foot) railway and its transportation of slate. Onward distribution would then go to uk standard gauge which is (as all lifers already know) four feet eight and a half inches.  Highlight for me was the gravity only 14 mile thrill ride of the slate train from quarry to port, which in its peak would be 120 carriages weighing 500 tons travelling at 15 mph.  Phew.

This is a no miss show for all genuine lifers.  Absolutely gagging for episode two.

Just had to change my underpants,  what a story!  What a wonderful run through,  thanks Raith.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Norsemen is coming back to Netflix soon? Pretty sure season 3 is out now but nothing on Netflix about it. Hope they haven't dropped it
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    The furys has been good, his dad is an absolute tool though. 
    I really like his dad. Tells it how it is and is pretty much spot on with his assessment of everything boxing.
  • Options
    Tonight’s inside no 9.
    another classic, fantastic stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Finished Dynasty yesterday, on Netflix, I have been watching it probably the last 1-2 months, I forget. Its only 2 seasons but 24 episodes in each. Really good, easy to watch, lots of drama. hard to describe other than its about a powerful and rich family, but lots of twists and turns/break ups deaths. I would definitely recommend it!

Next on the list The Witcher or Stranger, or Fleabag. Really busy this week (non stop pool) but any recommendations welcome

• Options
    Am 4 episodes into The Stranger.
    Is holding our interest.

Flesh and Blood on ITV last night and for the next 3 nights had a promising first episode 
  • Options
    Not sure if it has been mentioned further back but we are watching Start Up on Amazon Prime with Martin Freeman and it is very good.
  • Options
    Series 5 of the excellent Better call Saul starts on Netflix this weekend.

• Options
    Series 5 of the excellent Better call Saul starts on Netflix this weekend.

First two episodes are already on there