Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Meanwhile, I missed Van der Valk completely, what do people think, worth trying to get it on catch-up?
    watched the first episode and hated the plot. Second and third were good. its not the best series Ive ever seen but better than most currently around. Its nothing like the original - and having watched 10 turgid minutes of an old episode that is a blessing!
  • Options
    1st episode of VDV ok and 2nd episode below average. 

Too long at two hours an episode too. 
  • Options
    The 3rd episode of VDV seemed to have 23 advert breaks. I guess it kept me awake fast forwarding....
    The music with the familiar theme tune sort of got more obvious as it went on. Not sure if they remixed it in?
  • Options
    Just seen a tremendous Swedish series on Netflix called Celiphate. Recommended. 
    We've just finished binge watching series 1 & LOVED it ! 

Problem is, I felt sure I'd received emails from Netflix advertising series 2 so getting over excited ( careful! ) & started searching for it...

No joy.

So used Wikipedia  & to my disappointment, found another series not due for at least another 12 months ! 

Thoroughly recommend this & would love to hear the views of others.
    Yep, another great call from @bolloxbolder
    One more episode to go, cos I try not to binge. Unbearably tense.
    I watched Caliphate over the last 2 days.
    Excellent, thanks bolloxbolder.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Meanwhile, I missed Van der Valk completely, what do people think, worth trying to get it on catch-up?
    Watched the first episode and enjoyed it. But I am a fan of Mark Warren. 
    2nd episode ok but not as good ... will watch 3rd tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Just finished Mr Robot - was saving the last series up. Excellent TV. 
  • Options
    I liked the actors but not the plots.
    Episode 1 was about a right wing organisation.
    Episode 2 with a lesbian nun who liked erotica.
    Episode 3 fashion houses in competition.

I wouldn't necessarily bother. It was ok. 
  • Options

Problem is, I felt sure I'd received emails from Netflix advertising series 2 so getting over excited ( careful! ) & started searching for it...

No joy.

So used Wikipedia  & to my disappointment, found another series not due for at least another 12 months ! 

No joy.

Currently watching series 2 of his latest recommendation :   Fauda. 

Pretty good but not quite matching Caliphate.
  • Options
    Just finished watching Hunters on Amazon Prime

Interesting take on Nazis living in America, kinda agree with the Jewish complaints that liberties didnt really need to be taken with certain events

A good watch though with a good cast (have become a fan of Logan Lerman), hope to see Season Two with the mega cliff hanger ending
    Just coming to the end of this series this week. Have enjoyed it up to the 8th episode so far but there have been a few things that have nagged me along the way. 

• Options
    Regarding 'Normal People' I almost gave up on it after the first 40 minute episode, as it was painfully slow, but as you had recommended it on here, I decided to stick with and am now halfway through the series, and glad that I did.

Like you said the two lead actors are brilliant, and the writing is crisp, a little haunting and with barely a word wasted anywhere.

Clearly the audience is supposed to feel the connection and the chemistry between them, but I think the sexual scenes are a little overplayed, and I certainly didn't really want to see his tackle at the end of EP4!! 

I can't recall a series with as many close ups of the actors, which is obviously highly demanding on them as performers, but they have both been flawless from what I have seen so far.

Carter said:
    We finished normal people yesterday. Heavy watch at times and the two actors playing the leads were excellent

The decision making of the pair of these hugely emotionally mature and aware young people was astonishingly bad throughout and I accept that was needed to move the story I just struggled with some of the unpleasant situations they found themselves in of their own making. The actor who played Connors mum was brilliant and understated and the female lead must have been in more naked scenes in one series than most actresses are in a career! Like a young Ann Hathaway, she was good

I'm going back to gameface tonight for something a lot more fun though.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Into the night. Belgian subtitled sci/fi apocalyptic thriller. Watched two episodes now. Fast moving and I’ll carry on for now anyways.
    Been enjoying this, watched half the series in one sitting
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Just finished the first series of Race Across the World.  Great show.

Moving onto the second series now. 

Weird to think it might be the last travel type show for a good couple of years at least.

Love the idea though, once the kids are grown up and have flown the next etc will be very tempted to try a similar type trip by road and rail etc rather than flying, looks so much more interesting than fly into one place, stay in a modern Premier Inn hotel type holiday.
  • Options

Weird to think it might be the last travel type show for a good couple of years at least.

Love the idea though, once the kids are grown up and have flown the next etc will be very tempted to try a similar type trip by road and rail etc rather than flying, looks so much more interesting than fly into one place, stay in a modern Premier Inn hotel type holiday.
    You’ll love the second one.
    I found it better than the first.
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    I am completely hooked on Normal People.
    Mainly because who knew someone could make chains fashionable again & the old folk of Ireland are in complete meltdown over it. 
    Hilarious 😂 
  • Options

Enjoy!
    Halfway through so far.

Preferred the route for the first series, but glad the second went somewhere different.

I quite liked the couples in the first series (except maybe the ones who got knocked out, weirdly same as this time), but I'd say Jo and Sam have been my favourites across the two series, she's comes across as such a caring & patient woman in the way she interacts with Sam.
  • Options

Enjoy!
    Halfway through so far.

Preferred the route for the first series, but glad the second went somewhere different.

I quite liked the couples in the first series (except maybe the ones who got knocked out, weirdly same as this time), but I'd say Jo and Sam have been my favourites across the two series, she's comes across as such a caring & patient woman in the way she interacts with Sam.
    She’s a wonderful mother.
    Really liked her.
     I liked the route, mainly as I’ve done a lot of it.
  • Options

They've said the next series will involve couples looking at destinations on Google earth/street view and discussing how they would get from place to place faster
  • Options

Enjoy!
    Halfway through so far.

Really liked her.
    The people in both series were lovely, particularly Jo and Sam. We really enjoyed both series for the scenery, experiences and tension but I think the end of series 2 is contrived. That whole series felt more like a travelogue than a race, but still highly enjoyable
  • Options

Enjoy!
    Halfway through so far.

Really liked her.
    I just found Western Europe through the 'stans then the Far East more varied than Central & South America has been so far.  

Not to say Series 2's setting was boring, just I preferred the first.
  • Options

They've said the next series will involve couples looking at destinations on Google earth/street view and discussing how they would get from place to place faster
    If you still win £20k I'd be fine with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can’t see that being very entertaining plus we watch it as much for the scenery than anything else.
  • Options

I blooming hope they don’t 😞
  • Options
    Can I recommend Bordertown on Netflix. 

A dark Detective series from Finland with a great lead.

3 seasons only but good binge watching. 
  • Options
    Can I recommend Bordertown on Netflix. 

A dark Detective series from Finland with a great lead.

3 seasons only but good binge watching. 
    Fully agree. Started watching the first series this week.
  • Options
    Pretty sure I recommended this a month or two back. Very good. 
  • Options
    Have to say that I'm a Scandi fan but I found Bordertown a bit too relentlessly grim, even by Scandi standards. There isn't much in the way of unexpected humour that they usually manage to instill. The stuff with the girsl contracting rabies did for me. Pity, because it's an interesting setting. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Finished Series 2.

Good, but preferred Series 1, firstly for the variety in the places & scenery and secondly for the people, who I thought were slightly more likeable.

Second series Jo seemed lovely and "handled" Sam so lovingly.

Emol and Jamiul came across well, as did Rob, but his Mrs was a pain, and Dom and Lizzie came over like spoilt brats far too often.

• Options
    Rob is an absolute saint.
    But I bet he turns that hearing aid off a few times bless him.
    What did you think of the selling of the MP3 player?
    Breaking the rules or very clever?
  • Options
    Rob is an absolute saint.
    But I bet he turns that hearing aid off a few times bless him.
    What did you think of the selling of the MP3 player?
    Breaking the rules or very clever?
    Haha yeah I bet he does!  Did wonder whether they would have won but for her little strop at the end, seemed that wasted more than 20 seconds.....

With the iPod, I think if it's not in the rules you can't do something and it'll help, do it.  That and the dumping of bags was smart thinking.

Might be against the rules next time though (if there is one).
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    An unbridled night of excitement and delight for the Charlton Athletic fraternity on channel 5 tonight!

8-9 (Train) Fare Dodgers: At war with the Law
    9-10 Paddington: A year on the tracks
    10-11  The Tube: Going underground

Enjoy!