Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Money heist grew on me over time.
    Actually preferred the second season to the first.
    Enjoyable hokum.
    White lines I stuck with, without ever coming to terms with the basic premis of a hedonistic northern knob apparently having so much charisma he sucked in a whole swathe of population including all the local mafia family. Total bollocks
  • Options
    The Kosinski method (hope it's spelt correctly) with Michael Douglas,  found this very easy to watch with some great humour. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I found Unorthodox on Netflix to be excellent.
    Different and refreshing, with a good sense of completeness to the story, and some great performances.
    Illuminating. 
    A four episode series.
    I'm with you on this except for the sense of completeness. I think it cries out for a second series, although as the series is based on her autobiography maybe that's not possible.
  • Options
    I'm watching Cardinal on BBC2.
    A Canadian policeman dealing with murder. Lots of snow.
    It's series 4 apparently.
    If you enjoy the Scandanavian detective programmes you should like this.
    Available on i player. 8/10.
  • Options
    Just finished Mr Winner. Hilarious in parts, the piano one was genius.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Spencer Jones is a surreal character. Have you ever seen any of his stand up or that Herbert Clunkerdunk show that he did on TV. Very weird......but funny. 

I would imagine a pint or two with him and Noel Fielding would be an experience......
  • Options
    Fauda looks good! So far am enjoying more than my last 2 shows on netflix....Money Heist and Caliphate.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Fauda looks good! So far am enjoying more than my last 2 shows on netflix....Money Heist and Caliphate.
    Started Fauda last week and just about to start series 3. Excellent.
  • Options
    not seen it mentioned but the second series of Brassic was very funny. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Spencer Jones is a surreal character. Have you ever seen any of his stand up or that Herbert Clunkerdunk show that he did on TV. Very weird......but funny. 

I would imagine a pint or two with him and Noel Fielding would be an experience......
    We saw Spencer Jones at the Soho Theatre. the funniest thing ever. 
    As is Herbert Clunkerdunk. I often find myself walking along singing his songs. 'Bullshit' for example. and Jonny Wallop is the best character.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dark is back for third and final season on June 27 😊
  • Options
    not seen it mentioned but the second series of Brassic was very funny. 
    Yeah I mentioned it a couple of weeks back. Some real LOL moments.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I'm watching Cardinal on BBC2.
    A Canadian policeman dealing with murder. Lots of snow.
    It's series 4 apparently.
    If you enjoy the Scandanavian detective programmes you should like this.
    Available on i player. 8/10.

I have watched the previous series on BBC4, but thought I had only seen 2 - perhaps my memory is going. Thought last night's two episodes were good.

I finally got round to watching the third series of Fauda and thought it was the best of the lot. Finished White Lines yesterday. I found it entertaining, but so many holes in the plot and thought it nose dived after episode 3.

Think I will give up after 3 episodes of the Last Dance. I don't like Basketball and I wasn't really getting it like so many others.

Would be interested on views of some series I may start - Bad Blood, Wanted, Lost Girls, The Inmate and When Heroes Fly.

• Options
    Absolutely excellent show - can't wait for this!
  • Options
    Absolutely excellent show - can't wait for this!
    Best thing on TV. Really excited to see what happens.
  • Options
    Ahh, sounds like I need to give Dark a go! Maybe from tonight.
  • Options
    Watched series 1 of Cardinal last night & enjoyed it , especially as no subtitles. 

Series 2 lined up for tonight's entertainment.
  • Options
    Dark season 3 - 27th June - day of the apocalypse. Should have known
  • Options
    Finished Defending Jacob last week and thought it was quite good despite a couple of questionable plots. 

Watched all 12 episodes of Normal People yesterday. The first two episodes were decent but the rest I felt were quite self- indulgent. A few hours wasted. The lead actress is very pretty and looks very much like Anne Hathaway and Dakota Johnson, which was partly why I kept watching the series.... 

• Options
    Good to see you back @jessie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quick shout to overseas users who use VPN for BBC. Which are reliable for you? I have finally lost patience with Zenmate. They keep being rumbled by the BBC ( and C4/ITV).
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Finished Defending Jacob last week and thought it was quite good despite a couple of questionable plots. 

Watched all 12 episodes of Normal People yesterday. The first two episodes were decent but the rest I felt were quite self- indulgent. A few hours wasted. The lead actress is very pretty and looks very much like Anne Hathaway and Dakota Johnson, which was partly why I kept watching the series.... 

Agree totally on Normal People, nicely shot but could have been a film. Self indulgent sums it up. 

I didn't realise there were 12 until the 6th episode finished and no sign of a conclusion. 

Really enjoying caliphate, the Swedes do make good TV.
  • Options
    Stig said:

We saw Spencer Jones at the Soho Theatre. the funniest thing ever. 
    As is Herbert Clunkerdunk. I often find myself walking along singing his songs. 'Bullshit' for example. and Jonny Wallop is the best character.
    Spencer Jones lives in Plumstead and was my brother’s neighbour. In the episode ‘Jingles’ he got my brother to play Tubby Taylor!
  • Options
    S1E1 of Dark didn't grab me as much as I thought it may do....will spin another episode tonight. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    S1E1 of Dark didn't grab me as much as I thought it may do....will spin another episode tonight. 
    Keep with it, I can assure you it gets goooood.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    It's been grossly over milked on here mate. 
  • Options
    The sound effects and kiddy feel was getting to me, but will give it another go and if doesn't cut the mustard, then revert back to watching the daily Govt updates! 
  • Options
    For anyone with Sky and hasn’t seen it before, both series of Succession are now available again.

Definitely worth a watch.
  • Options
    Watched all 3 series of This Country yesterday. 

Found it funny and a nice watch with a couple of laugh out loud moments per series.
  • Options
    Just finished the Lees and Falconio murders doc on C4. Disappointing ending. Thought there would be some new news. Defo something dodgy going on that they haven’t got to the bottom of not likely ever will.