Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    'Murder in the Outback' was an entertaining well spun yarn albeit full of red herrings and inconsistences 
  • Options
    Just finished Dead to Me on Netflix, thought it was pretty good. Mind you anything with Christina Applegate in generally gets a thumbs up.
  • Options
    'Murder in the Outback' was an entertaining well spun yarn albeit full of red herrings and inconsistences 
    Yeah......shame that it's real life. 

FWIW.......I dont think he did it. I think She is lying & Falconio is still alive.
  • Options
    Come on here to comment on Staged, with David Tenant & Michael Sheen. 

Brilliant. Best thing I've watched in ages. Had me in tears in places. So so funny. 
  • Options
    Just finished the Lees and Falconio murders doc on C4. Disappointing ending. Thought there would be some new news. Defo something dodgy going on that they haven’t got to the bottom of not likely ever will. 
    I reckon Joanne Lees conspired with the bloke she was having a fling with to get rid of Falconio. Him & a mate followed them in another car (the one the truck driver saw) & abducted him. What happened after that I've no idea but we only have her statement to as to what happened. None of her story rings true & the evidence against Murdoch is circumstantial at best. I thought I remember that they debunked her story about getting from the front of his truck to the back. They touched on it in the story but I would have thought his defence team would have made more if it. 
  • Options
    13 Reasons Why, season 4 just finished. Not quite the same as when it started, the first season was the best. I'd still watch it but definitely peaked the first one, must be done now surely
  • Options
    Space Force. New on Netflix.  Cast iron proof that a stellar cast is no guarantee of quality. Absolutely shocking. 
  • Options
    Space Force. New on Netflix.  Cast iron proof that a stellar cast is no guarantee of quality. Absolutely shocking. 
    Yeah I grimaced through the first episode but oh my goodness it’s bad...
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Just finished Dead to Me on Netflix, thought it was pretty good. Mind you anything with Christina Applegate in generally gets a thumbs up.
    I watched all that too. enjoyed it. didn't take itself too seriously. 
    Now binging Good Girls on Netflix. 

Anyone know can I watch The Morning Show without Apple TV? 
  • Options
    Just finished the Lees and Falconio murders doc on C4. Disappointing ending. Thought there would be some new news. Defo something dodgy going on that they haven’t got to the bottom of not likely ever will. 
    I reckon Joanne Lees conspired with the bloke she was having a fling with to get rid of Falconio. Him & a mate followed them in another car (the one the truck driver saw) & abducted him. What happened after that I've no idea but we only have her statement to as to what happened. None of her story rings true & the evidence against Murdoch is circumstantial at best. I thought I remember that they debunked her story about getting from the front of his truck to the back. They touched on it in the story but I would have thought his defence team would have made more if it. 
    and the lack of blood thing? the bloke who thought he saw him clearly has made it up as he wanted some attention as nothing happens in his sleepy town. The police just needed to convict someone to tick a box. someone even said it in the programme the police 'needed' a result. she was so untrustworthy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Yeah......shame that it's real life. 

FWIW.......I dont think he did it. I think She is lying & Falconio is still alive.
    Her affair, Falconio supposedly seen months later in NSW, the mysterious stranger who'd shaved off his moustache later in a very odd conversation with a truck driver, Falconio's reputation as a 'dodgy northerner' re an insurance scam ( was there ever an insurance payout to anyone involved), the dead dog found 'near' the supposed murder scene, all blind alleys which were never adequately investigated or concluded. 
     As someone else said on here, we will almost certainly never know .. 
    Of course a really tragic case, Maddie McCann, was one that I thought would never be solved, it now looks as though there might be an answer. We will see

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Re-watching Clive James'  1990s 'Postcard From ...' series, satirical portraits of big cities around the world. Rare for me, lots of laugh out loud moments .. James was a master of self deprecation and the puncturing/caricaturing of massive egos as well as having a sense of humour as dry as the Sahara. Thoroughly good nostalgic TV
  • Options
    Re-watching Clive James'  1990s 'Postcard From ...' series, satirical portraits of big cities around the world. Rare for me, lots of laugh out loud moments .. James was a master of self deprecation and the puncturing/caricaturing of massive egos as well as having a sense of humour as dry as the Sahara. Thoroughly good nostalgic TV
    I caught some if those recently. One where he was in Hollywood & got friends with some guy who basically parked limos for the stars. Very good. Drier than an Australian wine I think one journalist once wrote.
  • Options
    Murder in the outback.

I remember reading about the case in a Ibiza hotel, waiting for the rep welcome meeting to start. I didn’t believe her then and this didn’t change that one bit Dodgy as fuck and how he’s still inside I don’t know.

To boot she came across as a sulky, petulant brat who is clearly a heartless cow. How on earth did his family entertain her bullshit?

Hope they manage to get a re-trial and I’m sure the truth will come out one day. Bet she’s fuming that this has re-ignited it all.
  • Options
    Murder in the outback.

I remember reading about the case in a Ibiza hotel, waiting for the rep welcome meeting to start. I didn’t believe her then and this didn’t change that one bit Dodgy as fuck and how he’s still inside I don’t know.

To boot she came across as a sulky, petulant brat who is clearly a heartless cow. How on earth did his family entertain her bullshit?

Hope they manage to get a re-trial and I’m sure the truth will come out one day. Bet she’s fuming that this has re-ignited it all.
    This 100%.
  • Options
    Murder in the outback.

I've only watched the first two episodes and I already don't trust a word she says! 
  • Options
    What did people think of the Salisbury Poisonings on BBC1 last night? Despite some over-acting I found it gripping. 

I have only one other comment to make at this stage: Putin, go **** yourself. 
    Really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Thought it was excellent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Following a recommendation on here have started to watch Power on Netflix. Half way through the second series and really enjoying it. Think the fact there were 6 series put me off.

Watched a Finnish female cop drama called Deadwind which was quite good but probably overly long.
  • Options
    I've binged Dave this week. Excellent show, very funny.
  • Options
    Big Brother Best Shows - watched this today, featuring the original series 1. It's amazing looking back at how much fuss was made of 'Nasty' Nick trying to influence the voting! It certainly explains how politics has ended up how it is now, 20 years on :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Not new but forever repeated .. I always enjoy 'Inside the Factory' (big fan of sexy Cherry) .. but Greg's permanent wide eyed incredulity, astonishment and stentorian shouting does get a bit monotonous ((:>)
  • Options
    I've binged Dave this week. Excellent show, very funny.
    Just one episode left for me. Really good. 
  • Options
    I'm half way through Fauda on Netflix, after recommendations on here.
    If you enjoy Palestine/Israel/ISIS type drama then it's for you. 8/10 from me, in middle of series 2.
    Same here, started watching after reading this thread and loving it
  • Options
    What did people think of the Salisbury Poisonings on BBC1 last night? Despite some over-acting I found it gripping. 

I have only one other comment to make at this stage: Putin, go **** yourself. 
    As a side note. Would you as a police or public health officer really not talk to your other half about the case? Last night the woman ph officer said she couldn't discuss the case with her husband, even though she looked like she could really do with talking to someone and un-burdening her fears. I think it was intimated that he was a phycologist so it's not as if he didnt  understand about client confidentiality & not to go round blabbing things to his mates. 

Just seems strange to me.
  • Options
    I'm half way through Fauda on Netflix, after recommendations on here.
    If you enjoy Palestine/Israel/ISIS type drama then it's for you. 8/10 from me, in middle of series 2.
    Absolutely hooked on Fauda. Looking forward to giving Caliphate a go next
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Wilma said:
    Big Brother Best Shows - watched this today, featuring the original series 1. It's amazing looking back at how much fuss was made of 'Nasty' Nick trying to influence the voting! It certainly explains how politics has ended up how it is now, 20 years on :-)
    Back then you could also watch live feed and remember getting texts/emails that it was kicking off but was a blocked site a work. 

Strange that Craig was considered a boring housemate until the confrontation with ‘Nasty’ Nick which ultimately led him to win. 

• Options
    Wilma said:
    Not a BB fan, but "Davids dead" has to be one of the best pieces of television ever.