Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• johnny73 said:

Yes, it's based on 'the bridge'. However I haven't seen 'tunnel' so don't know how closely it follows the original plot.

Has anyone watched both The Bridge and Tunnel? I'm generally not bothered with remakes, although Wallander with Sir Kenneth was different enough from the originals to make it worth watching, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone thinks Tunnel is deserving of a look.
    Well I am a massive Scandi crime fan, I did watch series 1 of the Tunnel, prepared to hate it, and it actually was pretty decent. I was not able to predict what I would see in the Tunnel simply because I had seen the Bridge. I haven't bothered with series 2, but that's mainly because I no longer have the Sky channel it is on.

BTW quite enjoying The Team on More 4. Especially enjoying the Belgian police contribution, where they are presented as unexpectedly incompetent. Who'd have thought it?

• Series 2 of the Scandi Follow the Money on BBC4 starts this Saturday. First series was excellent.
  • Series 2 of the Scandi Follow the Money on BBC4 starts this Saturday. First series was excellent.

So glad you are around! Didn't know that. Off to set recorder.

You are going to Belgium, aren't you? Let me buy you a beer.

So glad you are around! Didn't know that. Off to set recorder.

You are going to Belgium, aren't you? Let me buy you a beer.
    It's a deal.
  • How does Taboo compare to Peaky Blinders? I gave up on season 3 of that as it was so much style over substance
  • I preferred Peaky's.
  • Finished fortitude. Erm. No idea.
  • Anyone watch The Replacement last night.

1st episode of 3.

The lovely Vicky McClure in it.
  • MrOneLung said:

Anyone watch The Replacement last night.

1st episode of 3.

The lovely Vicky McClure in it.

Yeah - enjoyed it.

I wasn't sure which one would turn out to be the psycho bitch until the last few mins.
  • Was watching it thinking "this is good but it needs to speed up a bit"
    I knew before hand it was a 3 parter and not 6 or 8 so I expected it to get going sooner.

However the ending was completely unexpected and now I can't wait for next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just caught up last night with The Replacement, looks very promising. Agree @MrOneLung , Vicky McClure is great in everything see does, In The Line Of Duty, This Is England etc, probably one of the best female actors on British TV.
  • Not sure if Broadchurch has been discussed, but I thought it was a decent first episode.
  • Not sure if Broadchurch has been discussed, but I thought it was a decent first episode.

I thought it was really good.
  • Just finished the first 2 episodes of Leigon, wasn't sure what was going on in parts but it became clearer as it went on, enjoyed it and will stick with it.

Really liking The Team too, I think there will be plenty of twists in it.
  • In a bit of a rush last night looking for a new netflix for the train.
    They recommended a series called Cleverman so I downloaded a couple of eps. Looked like a humans vs mutants super hero marvel type thing.
    Failed to notice it was Australian. Everyone sounding like crocodile dundee and saying strewth cobber.
    underwhelmed
  • Any one see Inside No9 ? It's a bit different, sort of like the old Tales of the Unexpected series from back in the 80's , can be a bit gory though.
  • Just finished the first 2 episodes of Leigon, wasn't sure what was going on in parts but it became clearer as it went on, enjoyed it and will stick with it.

Really liking The Team too, I think there will be plenty of twists in it.

Really enjoying Legion. It's very different and nothing like your normal Marvel/DC show. Well acted and some great visuals
  • Any one see Inside No9 ? It's a bit different, sort of like the old Tales of the Unexpected series from back in the 80's , can be a bit gory though.

Haven't got round to watching the new series yet but looking forward to it as I loved the previous episodes
  • edited March 2017
    Just finished season 1 or Bloodline on Netflix, it took a while to get going but glad I stuck with it. Just started season 2.

Also blizted season 1 of Sneaky Pete which is on Amazon, enjoyed that. Someone at work has been raving about Quarry, strong rating on IMDB. Trailer looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loJxKTCkoTY
  • New Prime Suspect .. similar early years territory to that covered by Endeavour .. not usually my kind of thing but I thoroughly enjoyed this first episode
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone seen "Love" on Netflix? Not as good as master of none but similar in tone... just on the west coast. Season 2 is dropping in a week
  • can just imagine the first episodes of Taboo Series 2 ..
    the Royal Navy stop Delaney's vessel in the channel, capture all on board and a cover up ensures that they are all transported to the latest British colony, Van Diemens Land .. a k a Tasmania and Delaney ends up as king of the aborigines
  • Finally watched the last two episodes of Taboo. Thought the first three or four were brilliant but I've gradually lost interest. Stayed till the end though. Overall I enjoyed it but it was a bit of an anticlimax.

Almost at the end of season 2 of Homeland and beginning to lose interest.

• Almost at the end of season 2 of Homeland and beginning to lose interest.

The Israeli program Hatufim (Prisoners of War) was said to be the inspiration for homeland. It's very good if you can find it (and don't mind dealing with the subtitles).
  • Broadchurch warming up nicely
  • The Replacement. Superb.

Last week was good, tonight was a masterpiece. Jagged edge type thriller.

And followed by another gem from the genius of Pemberton/Sheersmith, one of the best night's tv in a long long time.

Never ever fuck with the BBC.
  • OJ Simpson: Made In America.
    Easily the best tv I've seen in years. It's on iplayer now. The first two parts are so skilfully put together. The last part is less effective but as a whole it's compelling. Well worth committing to the 9hours running time!
  • Caught the first prime suspect 1973, very good, very much like life on mars.
  • Broadchurch warming up nicely

I thought episode 2 was unbelievably boring. Pretty much zilch happened until the last 10 mins.