Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• OJ .. Made in America .. insight into a very complex man and how American society reacted to race and fame during the 70s to 90s .. and possibly beyond
  • Braindead on Amazon, sort of a whimsical Invasion of the Bodysnatchers. Quite enjoyed it, good cast and very easy tv
  • Just finished watching the eight part 'Kettering Incident' and I'm none the wiser. Anyone able to enlighten me?
  • Just finished watching the eight part 'Kettering Incident' and I'm none the wiser. Anyone able to enlighten me?

Haha. Same 'ere mate. The Aussie Twin Peaks.

I had to resort to looking at theories on t'internet.....
  • Just watched the first episode of Legion. It has a really entertaining way of showing someone's view of the world through their mental health issues.

We're watching the first episode now. The other half hates Marvel stuff but I didn't tell her anything about the show and she's hooked.

I watched this last night. It's unlike anything else I've seen but there were hints in it that it is going to morph into an X-Men/Avengers type of thing. Impressed with the first one though.
    It definitely went very 'Marvel' at the end. I liked the way they built up to it.
    The second episode was very light on the 'Marvel'. I don't think it's going to be too obviously in the X-Men universe, despite that X in the O in the name and the mention of mutants. Introduced my son to it and he's really liking it, too.
    It is in the X-Men universe. My son reliably informed me that he is Professor X's son.
    @kings hill addick Yes, I know it's in the X-Men universe and I know who Legion is in the comics. What I meant was, it doesn't look like the TV show will be making too much of it being in the X-Men universe.
  • johnny73 said:

Yes, it's based on 'the bridge'. However I haven't seen 'tunnel' so don't know how closely it follows the original plot.

Has anyone watched both The Bridge and Tunnel? I'm generally not bothered with remakes, although Wallander with Sir Kenneth was different enough from the originals to make it worth watching, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone thinks Tunnel is deserving of a look.
  • Just watched the first episode of Legion. It has a really entertaining way of showing someone's view of the world through their mental health issues.

We're watching the first episode now. The other half hates Marvel stuff but I didn't tell her anything about the show and she's hooked.

I watched this last night. It's unlike anything else I've seen but there were hints in it that it is going to morph into an X-Men/Avengers type of thing. Impressed with the first one though.
    It definitely went very 'Marvel' at the end. I liked the way they built up to it.
    The second episode was very light on the 'Marvel'. I don't think it's going to be too obviously in the X-Men universe, despite that X in the O in the name and the mention of mutants. Introduced my son to it and he's really liking it, too.
    It is in the X-Men universe. My son reliably informed me that he is Professor X's son.
    @kings hill addick Yes, I know it's in the X-Men universe and I know who Legion is in the comics. What I meant was, it doesn't look like the TV show will be making too much of it being in the X-Men universe.
    Well you knew more than I did. Also I think you are right and that it will be stand alone.
  • edited February 2017

Just watched the first episode of Legion. It has a really entertaining way of showing someone's view of the world through their mental health issues.

Well you knew more than I did. Also I think you are right and that it will be stand alone.
    Have you been enjoying it? That's the main thing.
  • I have and my son loves it and at 12 I thought it might be a bit slow for him.

Just watched the first episode of Legion. It has a really entertaining way of showing someone's view of the world through their mental health issues.

Have you been enjoying it? That's the main thing.
    I have and my son loves it and at 12 I thought it might be a bit slow for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just started watching Roots. The new version rather than the old. Really good so far.
  • So what was everyone's final verdict on 'Taboo'? Really enjoyed it myself, good script, great cast, and very high production values. Clearly all setup for a second series though.
  • edited February 2017

So what was everyone's final verdict on 'Taboo'? Really enjoyed it myself, good script, great cast, and very high production values. Clearly all setup for a second series though.

I thought it was great. I love old dark London type story lines. I did the whole black magic stuff wasn't really necessary tho.

I read an interview with Steven Knight and he said that the plan is to make 3 series with Hardys character eventually setting foot in Nootka Sound.
  • edited February 2017

So what was everyone's final verdict on 'Taboo'? Really enjoyed it myself, good script, great cast, and very high production values. Clearly all setup for a second series though.

I thought it was great. I love old dark London type story lines. I did the whole black magic stuff wasn't really necessary tho.

I read an interview with Steven Knight and he said that the plan is to make 3 series with Hardys character eventually setting foot in Nootka Sound.
    Yeah I have mixed feelings about the black magic stuff. If it'd been the kind if thing where he was summoning demons or whatever to attack his enemies then it would have been stupid, but it was mainly just a tool to show a) why everyone was so scared of him and that he wasn't just your average Londoner, and b) that he had a special bond with his sister. Apart from getting his sister a bit frothy, he didn't really use it for anything and, as we found out, the other visions of the painted woman in the water were flashbacks. Because of that it didn't really bother me, although I definitely could have taken it or left it.

The idea of them getting up to a few things en-route across the Atlantic (and all the way across America/Canada) makes sense though. Delaney has been around and clearly holds a grudge so I'm sure there are some scores to settle. I'm still not convinced he is the good guy yet either.
  • Broadchurch 3 starts tonight. Final outing for the programme.

Hopefully more like series 1 than the disappointing series 2
  • The Replacement on bbc1 tomorrow at 9pm is worth a watch based on the storyline.
  • Taboo: I watched some of this and thought it smacked of 'We're top-billing on prime-time BBC. How clever we are'. It mixed, crudely, some historical fact with wholly-implausible fiction and tried to be Mad Max meets Aleister Crowley. Gratuitous swearing detracted further. Tom Hardy's a talented actor and the sets and costumes (which probably cost a fortune) were visually interesting but, this aside, my verdict on Taboo is preposterous, cliche-ridden nonsense.
  • I really enjoyed Taboo. I can't say I understood everything that was going but it's one of the best looking shows I've ever seen.
    Tom Hardy and Stephen Graham are great together too.
  • Taboo - I was kind of wondering why Delaney came home in the first place, to what purpose ?
    If it was to see his dad, why not just go quickly, before all the trouble started ?
    I kinda thought, what was all the grief about for 6 weeks, he could have just gone early doors.
    I'm sure someone will point out the reasoning.
  • Watched the first episode of SS-GB yesterday- I won't be bothering with a second which is a shame because I like Sam Riley a lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• I found the first series of Billions an okay 6/10 but thought the first episode of the second series was a bit crap.
  • Liked Taboo, thought the ending was a little soft but I guess it's setting up series two which will be some sort of Pirates of the Caribbean jaunt across the Atlantic.
  • Taboo - I was kind of wondering why Delaney came home in the first place, to what purpose ?
    If it was to see his dad, why not just go quickly, before all the trouble started ?
    I kinda thought, what was all the grief about for 6 weeks, he could have just gone early doors.

Well I assume he came home to claim his inheritance and give himself a shot at a new life in the new world. He had to play some games to get the Yanks on his side and gain safe passage, without giving them Nootka Sound, and he couldn't go sooner because his ship got blown up.

That may or may not stand up to cross examination, but I chose not to think beyond that because I was enjoying the look and feel of the show too much and I have a habit of over analysing shows and ruining them for myself.
  • Just started watching Broadchurch, keep expecting Roy Cropper to pop up.

Well I assume he came home to claim his inheritance and give himself a shot at a new life in the new world. He had to play some games to get the Yanks on his side and gain safe passage, without giving them Nootka Sound, and he couldn't go sooner because his ship got blown up.

That may or may not stand up to cross examination, but I chose not to think beyond that because I was enjoying the look and feel of the show too much and I have a habit of over analysing shows and ruining them for myself.
    Ah yes. I thought Nootka was already his, but I remember him going through that chest looking for the ownership deed/document.
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2017
    Loved Taboo, Tom Hardy is superb in everything I've seen him in, Ronnie Kray performance in Legend was outstanding, (yes I know he played both parts) and Locke is a strange concept but very well acted.

Does anyone think that his sister actually died, or as he said, he would know or feel it due to his connection/black magic
  • DA9 said:

Loved Taboo, Tom Hardy is superb in everything I've seen him in, Ronnie Kray performance in Legend was outstanding, (yes I know he played both parts) and Locke is a strange concept but very well acted.

Does anyone think that his sister actually died, or as he said, he would know or feel it due to his connection/black magic

He's also very good in The Drop.
  • DA9 said:

He's also very good in The Drop.
    Not seen that, what's it about?
  • Talal said:

Just started watching Broadchurch, keep expecting Roy Cropper to pop up.

He was on university challenge earlier in the evening! (A Canadian young version anyway)
  • DA9 said:

In the scene when he kills the American doctor, he begins to hear her singing to him, which i took as confirmation of her death.