Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• What did anyone think of Bloodlines on Netflix ?
  • Just started Stranger Things, looks promising.
  • Good ending to Apple Tree Yard
    Decent little series that
  • Watching The Accused on 5, interesting but infuriating.

Excellent ending. A really good 4 parter.

I didn't realise the last episode was tonight. Thanks for the heads up!
  • Anyone still going with fortitude series 2? So many wtf moments....

Just about hanging in there but it's a struggle.....
  • Endeavour was great.
    Currently enjoying Taboo and The Halcyon.
    And, err, ahem is it okay to admit to liking Call the Midwife?
  • Endeavour was great.
    Currently enjoying Taboo and The Halcyon.
    And, err, ahem is it okay to admit to liking Call the Midwife?

No it's not. Selhurst Park is waiting for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• For any Spiral/Braquo French cop/legal fans, I have just finished on the All 4 website a series called Elite Squad. It really is excellent. 2 x 4 parters, the first of which has a minor role for the gorgeous Audrey Flourot.

Nearly done with Case as well, which is a bit disappointing if I'm honest.
  • edited February 2017
    Currently got four or five on the go simultaneously: Taboo and Apple Tree Yard while sitting on the train, the Halcyon and Unforgotten whilst on the sofa. Not new, but Mrs SB and I have just discovered Homeland on Netflix and are hoovering that up of an evening too. Exciting times in DA1!!!!
  • where do people find the time to watch so much TV !

funny that, as I thought it was a very weak ending (wont say what happens in case people haven't seen it yet) but no real twists or surprise.

Just about hanging in there but it's a struggle.....
    loved the first series but this has yet to get going. No real star performers to rival Stanley Tucci but I do like Ken Stott.
  • What did anyone think of Bloodlines on Netflix ?

Watched a few, got bored
  • Not a new show but just discovered Parks and Recreation, very very funny and surprised it wasn't a big hit.
  • Talal said:

Just started Stranger Things, looks promising.

you won't regret it, great throwback to the 80's.
  • For fans of simple, gentle TV watching about farming, beautiful countryside and auctions I thoroughly recommend The Mart on BBC iPlayer.

funny that, as I thought it was a very weak ending (wont say what happens in case people haven't seen it yet) but no real twists or surprise.
    If you thought there was no twist at the end, you must have fallen asleep.
  • Sponsored links:

agree. I had to watch it again to check I'd not missed anything.

agree. I had to watch it again to check I'd not missed anything.
    What !!!

Big twist at the end - that look !!!

If you thought there was no twist at the end, you must have fallen asleep.
    you mean the "pillow talk" - I didn't really tale that as serious - obviously she didn't either - or it should have been written in a different way so that it wasn't all from her perspective
  • She knew what she was saying.
  • Ffs some people . She told him to kill him and smash his face in. Because he had mental health issues he took her literally as he was unable to differentiate between her true feelings ie she was joking when she said it.
  • Me and wife's thoughts were that she said it to him knowing he would go ahead and do it though.
  • *cough cough* SPOILERS! *cough cough*

• MrOneLung said:

Me and wife's thoughts were that she said it to him knowing he would go ahead and do it though.

And possibly that is what is clever about it. Both scenarios are plausible, it's up to the individual viewer to decide.

Definitely glad I saw it through even though like you I wasn't sure after episode 1. Thought the courtroom ebb and flow was excellent, and far more subtle than typical American versions.

• Ffs some people . She told him to kill him and smash his face in. Because he had mental health issues he took her literally as he was unable to differentiate between her true feelings ie she was joking when she said it.

MrOneLung said:

Me and wife's thoughts were that she said it to him knowing he would go ahead and do it though.

*spoilers*
    Could be viewed as either of these imo, and I changed my mind between the two.
    She was shocked when he said he kept it secret. She realised what she said he had taken literally when in fact she was only joking. BUT she also said "you know people" and drove him to his house, what did she think was going to happen? She could have been playing him and knew he would do it for her.

I personally think she said it in jest and didn't expect him to do it.
    Either way, I think both ways of looking at it are a good ending anyway.
  • Not Going Out used to be 1 of the funniest shows on tv but the new series is crap!!