Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• The second half of Series 6 of Suits comes out in the US in two days.

I'm not sure of UK release dates.
  • I've just finished the pilot of Blindspot. So far, so good.

Blindspot? Must have missed that one!
  • Saw first episode of Sneaky Pete (Amazon) last night. Con man on being released from prison steals his cellmate's identity while being hunted by gang chief Bryan Cranston. Very good start, looks like a keeper.

Also enjoying Good Girls Revolt (Amazon) - shades of Mad Men in a news office in the late 60s.
  • edited January 2017
    Taboo still good in my opinion.
  • Really enjoyed Apple Tree Yard last night.

Really? Doubt we will watch the rest.
  • The second half of Series 6 of Suits comes out in the US in two days.

I'm not sure of UK release dates.

Next Tuesday I think - on Dave.
  • MrOneLung said:

Really enjoyed Apple Tree Yard last night.

Yeah but you also rubbished Rodgers as well so I don't take your opinions too seriously.
  • I've just watched the first three episodes of Designated Survivor . I haven't seen anything as cheesy as this for a very long time. Total nonsense . I will watch one more and see if it improves but i'm not holding out much hope.
  • Jints said:

Saw first episode of Sneaky Pete (Amazon) last night. Con man on being released from prison steals his cellmate's identity while being hunted by gang chief Bryan Cranston. Very good start, looks like a keeper.

Also enjoying Good Girls Revolt (Amazon) - shades of Mad Men in a news office in the late 60s.

Just finished Sneaky Pete on Amazon prime. Wow, absolute quality. You are in for a treat mate
  • MrOneLung said:

In two minds. Quality performances from the two leads. Nice camera work of modern middle-class London settings and life. But thought that it was quite implausible that her attacker worked out she was having an affair from sneaking a look at her texting, and then deciding to violently jump her in the office, and thinking he'd get away with that by, presumably, threatening to reveal her affair. Hmm. Will give it a second chance.

• Sponsored links:

• I can see him using that knowledge psychologically and going to rape her but the thumping her around would leave a lot of evidence and explaining to do.

• MrOneLung said:

Yeah but you also rubbished Rodgers as well so I don't take your opinions too seriously.
    7 games don't maketh an MVP season
  • Only seen the first two but think it's very good.
  • Gave up with Taboo. Found it boring!
  • Loving taboo, only 2 in but have enjoyed it more than most series I've seen recently. Love the spectre of the east India company, such a fascinating organisation.

Agree designated survivor was poor and very cheesy

American Odyssey on Netflix has been really good. Surprised me, as did shooter. Great commute fodder now that you can download Netflix on your phone.
  • edited January 2017
    Anyone else watching Sense8 on Netflix? Produced by the Wachowski brothers now sisters famous for The Matrix. It is a bit of a head fuck at times but is very original & a very good story.
  • I've just watched the first three episodes of Designated Survivor . I haven't seen anything as cheesy as this for a very long time. Total nonsense . I will watch one more and see if it improves but i'm not holding out much hope.

It's pretty consistent on the Cheddar quotient. On the plus side, Sutherland is pretty good in it. On the other hand, it has too much of people knowing stuff and keeping it to themselves, and people being threatened and going along with what the person doing the threatening wants instead of exposing the issue.
  • Just finished Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix. Batshit crazy, but enjoyed it.

Well behind the times here, but started watching Uncle from the start a couple of weeks ago. Think it is really excellent and have now nearly caught up with all of series three which is currently showing on BBC Three. Does a nice job of balancing dark humour, absurdity, believable characters, and pathos without ever coming off corny. All the old episodes are available as a box set on the iPlayer.

Watched the first episode of Taboo last night and I think I'm hooked. It's obviously going to be a slow burner, but was very atmospheric. I have a bit of a man crush on Tom Hardy, and he looks mustard in that long coat and daft hat. It felt a bit like a period Scandi-noir to me.
  • CBB is getting good now Bianca told Jamie she love him but he has found out she has a boyfriend!!
  • Season 2 of Fortitude starts on Sky Atlantic tonight for those who are interested.

First series was definitely weird but I enjoyed it. Will definitely be watching tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Apple Tree Yard BBC1 Sundays. 1st episode last week. Very good sex thriller.
  • Anyone else watching Sense8 on Netflix? Produced by the Wachowski brothers now sisters famous for The Matrix. It is a bit of a head fuck at times but is very original & a very good story.

We quite enjoyed it. Liked the characters, especially Van Damme and as you say very original premise.
  • Season 2 of Fortitude starts on Sky Atlantic tonight for those who are interested.

First series was definitely weird but I enjoyed it. Will definitely be watching tonight.

Just about to finish the second series. Just as weird as the first one, I'm not sure what it's hoping to achieve
  • Just watched the first series of Happy valley!
    Thought it was excellent.
    Is the second series as good?
  • Carter said:

Season 2 of Fortitude starts on Sky Atlantic tonight for those who are interested.

Just about to finish the second series. Just as weird as the first one, I'm not sure what it's hoping to achieve
    I watched the whole second series of Fortitude and it's utter, absolute nonsense. Completely impossible to fathom what is going on and I won't bother with the third if someone wants to waste a load of money making another series I won't watch and I'd advise any waverers to make a firm decision now to drop it
  • edited February 2017
    Sticking with Taboo. Very well done though umm beginning to wonder what's going on towards the end of episode 4.

Unforgotten is really good.

Yes, it's a good series.

Don't think it will get better until the owner goes.

Don't think it will get better until the owner goes.
    Really. The first series ended with Curbishley contemplating throwing it in.

Is the second series really that bad?
  • Tried the first episode of Colony. So-so but - SPOILER WARNING - an interesting twist right at the end.

No Offence has been consistently good but not amazing.