Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Has anyone persevered with Taboo, I lasted about 20 minutes and it was a tad odd and I couldn't get into it, worth sticking with?
  • I watched the first episode of Sherlock last night and really didn't like it.
    It feels like Dr Who to me and is far too quirky for it's own good.
  • Has anyone persevered with Taboo, I lasted about 20 minutes and it was a tad odd and I couldn't get into it, worth sticking with?

About to watch it on the train on iPlayer. Will report my findings.

About to watch it on the train on iPlayer. Will report my findings.
    Thanks to my train crawling along I've managed to watch the entire first episode and I'm only at London Bridge. Thought it was absolutely excellent. It has the potential to get really weird but it's extremely well done and Hardy, Pryce et al are terrific. Looking forward to part two.
  • Enjoyed the first episode of Sherlock last week but thought last nights was pants. Lost the plot after about 20 minutes and interest not long after that.

never got the adoration for this overrated (imo) series .. gave the latest one a look see .. gave up after 10 minutes ... looks like it was made by bored people on speed (or coke) who are fed up with the whole project

Same here, I got to 30 mins and jacked it in.

by a similar team that made Peaky Blinders with the added impetus of Ridley Scott .. one day they'll make a series that is not set totally in the dark .. not impressed with this .. just as with Peaky Bleeders it looks to me like a melodrama that'll be stretched to breaking point .. Tom Hardy does his usual mad but sane hardman act .. waste of a good talent ?
  • Enjoyed the first episode of Sherlock last week but thought last nights was pants. Lost the plot after about 20 minutes and interest not long after that.

never got the adoration for this overrated (imo) series .. gave the latest one a look see .. gave up after 10 minutes ... looks like it was made by bored people on speed (or coke) who are fed up with the whole project
    this week's episode was brilliant, explained a lot about why the most recent episode was seemingly so rubbish and fractured - it was dropping hints for the most recent episode

I think its very rare to be hooked from the first minute with a show, and i don't think you should ever judge a show like that, the best shows (sopranos, the wire, mad men, boardwalk empire etc) are growers
  • Quite enjoying The Halcyon. Not my normal thing but it's something that me and Mrs SB can watch together. Steven macintosh is his usual excellent self. A bit cliched in parts but an easy watch.
  • Struggle at times to follow but love No Offence. Viv is a masterpiece of acting as is the forensic guy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been watching "The OA" on Kodi and we had episode six on last night. Anyway it finished after only half an hour instead of the usual around an hour. The Mrs thought it was because it was a "moody version" and we'd missed something.

Turns out that the makers had decided that as it was based on a book that the epsiodes would reflect the length of the chapters so they're all different lengths.

Guerilla starts tonight on Sky Atlantic , that looks decent.
  • Struggle at times to follow but love No Offence. Viv is a masterpiece of acting as is the forensic guy.

We record it. Either it's because we're getting old or because the dialogue is spoken quickly and with a northern accent, but we have go back over bits now and again to work out what was being said. However, it's a must-watch in the AA household.
  • buckshee said:

Been watching "The OA" on Kodi and we had episode six on last night. Anyway it finished after only half an hour instead of the usual around an hour. The Mrs thought it was because it was a "moody version" and we'd missed something.

Turns out that the makers had decided that as it was based on a book that the epsiodes would reflect the length of the chapters so they're all different lengths.

Confused me too, I had to google it before we went on to the next episode!
  • buckshee said:

Been watching "The OA" on Kodi and we had episode six on last night. Anyway it finished after only half an hour instead of the usual around an hour. The Mrs thought it was because it was a "moody version" and we'd missed something.

Confused me too, I had to google it before we went on to the next episode!
    Is it the new Fringe?
  • Watched the first episode of Taboo last night and absolutely loved it. Didn't find it strange, as some have suggested, at all.
  • buckshee said:

I can't see any sign of Guerilla on Sky .
  • Anyone seen The Bureau, a French spy thriller? Seems to be very well reviewed, but never heard of it before now.
  • buckshee said:

aha, that explains a lot. still a lot about that programme that isn't explained though
  • Bad news re established Euro crime series.

Seems the fourth and final series of the The Bridge won't be ready until next year. The next Spiral may be sooner, but as yet no air date even in France. Not sure how I am going to get through the winter, but am having another look at the Walter Presents package.
  • Bad news re established Euro crime series.

Seems the fourth and final series of the The Bridge won't be ready until next year. The next Spiral may be sooner, but as yet no air date even in France. Not sure how I am going to get through the winter, but am having another look at the Walter Presents package.

I recommend, Framed, Magnifica 70, Locked Up, Tony's Revenge and Cenk Batu. If you like French comedy, the second series of Kabul Kitchen is very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watched the second episode of Sherlock and thought it was woeful, as was the first. I enjoyed the first couple of series but they've lost their way.
  • Just watched the second episode of Sherlock and thought it was woeful, as was the first. I enjoyed the first couple of series but they've lost their way.

Couldn't agree more .
  • edited January 2017
    The second series of Unforgotten is even better than the first. Very good.
  • Sherlock has done me tonight. Never felt so on edge with a tv show.
  • Last episode of Shooter is on Netflix this Wednesday. Been a great series well worth the watch for anyone who hasn't yet
  • Am I alone in watching Endeavour?
  • LenGlover said:

Am I alone in watching Endeavour?

Not at all Len, the wife and I both like it.
  • Sherlock has done me tonight. Never felt so on edge with a tv show.

Absolutely fucking mental
  • LenGlover said:

One of the Fanackapans' favourite series, Len.

• LenGlover said:

Not seen it yet, but will try and make the effort to attempt to.