Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited December 2016

Just watched first episode of Quarry on Sky it looks promising so far

I've seen the subsequent episodes. It's good but doesn't quite live up to the promise of the first episode.

Completely agree with this, I also enjoyed it. Couple of great performances from the always good Peter Mullan and the gent who played Dewi Crow in Justified.
  • buckshee said:

McBobbin said:

New to me rather than new, but I'm working my way through four seasons of "inside Amy Schumer". Highly amusing.

Amy Schumer amusing? Wow.
    Yes
    That's right.
  • Not a series but did anyone else watch "Peter Pan Goes Wrong" the other night or on iplayer?

So clever how it's both written and performed and genuine laugh out loud moments.

Still on iplayer if you missed it
  • Am I somehow missing new Scandi/Euro crime on BBC4 or C4? It's mid-winter and i've got nothing stored or lined up.

This is a Brexit job, isn't it? :smiley:

• Death in Paradise returns tomorrow.
    Personal favourite of mine.
    Light hearted escapism.
  • Am I somehow missing new Scandi/Euro crime on BBC4 or C4? It's mid-winter and i've got nothing stored or lined up.

This is a Brexit job, isn't it? :smiley:

No. Looks like repeats of young montebano from Saturday. I have recommended to you in the past the French cop series on Fox called Braquo. All series available as a box set with virgin. Would like if enjoyed Spiral.
  • Anyone else seen Wayward Pines?
    Started off brilliantly but now the secret is kind of out, it's a bit dull. Wondering if season2 is worth the effort?
  • Valley11 said:

Anyone else seen Wayward Pines?
    Started off brilliantly but now the secret is kind of out, it's a bit dull. Wondering if season2 is worth the effort?

Felt exactly the same after season 1 and wasn't going to bother.
    Glad I persevered though because season 2 knocks season 1 into a cocked hat imo.
    Stick with it
  • Death in Paradise returns tomorrow.
    Personal favourite of mine.
    Light hearted escapism.

thanks for the heads up.

Didn't think would like it when Kris Marshall replaced Ben Miller but still good fun.
  • Glovepup said:

buckshee said:

Just started watching "The O.A" . Looks promising .

I'm 4 episodes in, it's different and has my attention. Reviews weren't great so nearly didn't bother, glad I'm did.
    have you finished it yet? really enjoyed it until they did what they did with the last episode. now not sure if I'll bother watching a second season if it's commissioned
  • Sponsored links:

• Just started Designated Survivor .2 episodes in so far so good.
  • First Dates Hotel - lol bit of cheese but if you like First dates its good, not as seedy as it sounds
  • Watched Dirk Gently set in USA with Elijah Wood, very quirky but good fun and enjoyed it, now going through Goliath starring Billy Bob Thornton whch I am really liking.
    Wayward Pines 2nd series took a lot of convincing after the debacle finish to the first, still thought meh.
    StartUp with Martin Freeman, watched first episode and not sure if I'll bother with the rest
  • Watched Dirk Gently set in USA with Elijah Wood, very quirky but good fun and enjoyed it, now going through Goliath starring Billy Bob Thornton whch I am really liking.
    Wayward Pines 2nd series took a lot of convincing after the debacle finish to the first, still thought meh.
    StartUp with Martin Freeman, watched first episode and not sure if I'll bother with the rest

Keep going with StartUp, few twists and turns to come yet.
    I'm a couple of eps into Dirk and can't decide if I like it or not. Finding Dirks character a bit annoying....
  • Got Netflix trial so started watching the Crown, Stranger Things and Making a Murderer.

We watched Waywood pines, but stopped after 2nd ep of 2nd series. Got too silly and i didn't care what happened outside the wall. Never as enjoyable a series as the leftovers.

Fortitude back on 26th Jan.
  • I know it's donkeys years old.......but just watched the first series of the original 'killing' (scandi).

What a fantastic series......although just started watching series 2 and it's not gripping me anywhere near as much.
  • rina said:

Glovepup said:

buckshee said:

Just started watching "The O.A" . Looks promising .

I'm 4 episodes in, it's different and has my attention. Reviews weren't great so nearly didn't bother, glad I'm did.
    have you finished it yet? really enjoyed it until they did what they did with the last episode. now not sure if I'll bother watching a second season if it's commissioned
    I've recently finished watching it, felt the ending did let it down slightly but not sure whether to believe what they are suggesting? I'll definitely be watching the second series (if there is one?).
  • This was recommended somewhere, might have been here?

The A Word from the BBC, brilliant stuff. Series 2 confirmed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0759b0c
  • Anyone watch " A very British Brothel" on C4 last night?

My god the massage girls were all 16 stone plus and rough as fuck. Some of the perverted things they were asked to do by some punters though - totally unique (meaning weird). Some mad people out there. Oh hum back to the tennis and CL for me.
  • edited January 2017
    was treated to 'True Detective' a real box set, i.e. 'old fashioned' dvds .. the first one with Harellson/McConaughey is intriguing, different ... seen the first 3 eps will space out the rest to prevent square eyes
  • Sponsored links:

• bbob said:

Watched Dirk Gently set in USA with Elijah Wood, very quirky but good fun and enjoyed it, now going through Goliath starring Billy Bob Thornton whch I am really liking.

Keep going with StartUp, few twists and turns to come yet.
    I'm a couple of eps into Dirk and can't decide if I like it or not. Finding Dirks character a bit annoying....
    Keep going with dirk, really enjoyed it by the end and had no idea what was going on after two episodes. Structure is all over the place though. Underwhelmed with startup overall but has promise and I'll try series 2.
  • was treated to 'True Detective' a real box set, i.e. 'old fashioned' dvds .. the first one with Harellson/McConaughey is intriguing, different ... seen the first 3 eps will space out the rest to prevent square eyes

Loved the first series. Second, not so much.
  • I've just finished the pilot of Blindspot. So far, so good.
  • Loving Blindspot myself after 12 episodes!!
  • I know it's donkeys years old.......but just watched the first series of the original 'killing' (scandi).

What a fantastic series......although just started watching series 2 and it's not gripping me anywhere near as much.

Stick with it. All 3 series are cracking. Was gutted when it finished!

• Loving Blindspot myself after 12 episodes!!

I've found it a little samey and the stories, specifically, how they manage to arrive at the right place at, exactly, the right time become too difficult to believe.

It must've have done ok though as I believe they have made a second season.
  • I've just finished the pilot of Blindspot. So far, so good.

Just finished episode 2. Getting really silly, FBI uncover major illegal activity by the US military and just ignore it, being able to jump into a car and drive it without having the keys, being shot at by someone with an automatic weapon and every shot misses. Why do American shows have to have so much firepower in the hands of people who couldn't close the cow's arse / banjo interface? Arrow is another example, I'm sure there are loads more.

I'll give episode 3 a go as I like the basic premise but it it as daft as this episode, that's me done.

Stick with it. All 3 series are cracking. Was gutted when it finished!

Yep, have to agree. However, to appear to be a real fan, you have to call it Forbrydelsen, don't you know?
  • Caught the first episode of the second series of Channel 4 crime drama-comedy No Offence. Was very enjoyable. Good if dark humour is your cup of tea.
  • Anyone watch " A very British Brothel" on C4 last night?

My god the massage girls were all 16 stone plus and rough as fuck. Some of the perverted things they were asked to do by some punters though - totally unique (meaning weird). Some mad people out there. Oh hum back to the tennis and CL for me.

Ha, I'm glad I wasn't the only one watching it. My wife suggested we watched it. Bit of an eye opener that programme. Although the state of them, closing your eyes would have been the better option lol.