Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• cafc4life said:

Shooter starts on Netflix this week.
    Should be really Good

Just watched the first episode - very good
  • cafc4life said:

Shooter starts on Netflix this week.
    Should be really Good

Just watched the first episode - very good
    The film was far better than it should have been. Looks like the TV series might follow suit.
  • The Missing.
    Best thing on TV

So so so so good
  • New David Walliams show is cracking me up
  • new Black Mirror series was excellent, sadly not all of it is so far fetched:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38150313

First series of The Missing was so tedious I couldn't be arsed with the new one, I;ve heard it is much better, albeit very drawn out.
  • Just finished catching up on Luke Cage. Thoroughly enjoyed its '70s blaxplotion vibe although the plot had more holes than a Trump golf course in a Site of Special Scientific Interest.

I've now started on Westworld. Episode One has set the scene very well. SPOILER ALERT: that bit at the end where she swats the fly tells you call you need to know about where this is going, even if you haven't read the book or seen the film.
  • Just finished catching up on Luke Cage. Thoroughly enjoyed its '70s blaxplotion vibe although the plot had more holes than a Trump golf course in a Site of Special Scientific Interest.

I've now started on Westworld. Episode One has set the scene very well. SPOILER ALERT: that bit at the end where she swats the fly tells you call you need to know about where this is going, even if you haven't read the book or seen the film.

I watched Luke Cage with my son (who is 12) back to back but with a couple of episodes left we decided to google the ending as it was becoming too monotonous and boring. We didn't bother watching the end as we both predicted what was going to happen. I felt it was very much like the Daredevil season one that I watched. A succession of increasingly tough to kill opponents to deal with culminating in an excessively long fight with the big boss - just like a video game from the 80s or 90s.
  • Been watching Wesrworld - started off pretty well and "SPOILER ALERT " thought the discovery about Bernard was excellent, but felt its starting to go a bit downhill - last 2 episodes only concentrating on 2 or 3 scenarios and getting a bit dry.

As for Davis Walliams..............trying too hard to be like the fast show & gags easy to spot. However, I love the send up of Celebrity Get me Out of here with the celebs stuck in prison........brilliant !!
  • Agreed i have lost interest in Westworld, i have been watching it still but not really properly and probably don't have a clue whats going on at the moment. I have a feeling its one like GOT you need to rewatch but i have been deleting them so unlikely i will.
  • You can download content from Netflix now, lapping it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did anyone see Rillington Place last night? weren't bad
  • Did anyone see Rillington Place last night? weren't bad

No........................but i'll look into it :smile:
  • Loved the finale of The Missing tonight. Been great tv.
  • Id be amazed if some of the writers of Westworld aren't the same who wrote Lost.
    It's such a mess of a series yet I feel I have to stick with it in case there is some perfect revelation that makes all of it make sence.

In reality I suspect they don't have a clue in what direction this show is going .
  • Watched the first few of StartUp on Amazon. Martin Freeman's new show, quite different from his usual confused individual on an unexpected journey gig. It's about white collar crime and crypto-currency. Bit of a slow start but seems to be picking up.
  • Watched the first few of StartUp on Amazon. Martin Freeman's new show, quite different from his usual confused individual on an unexpected journey gig. It's about white collar crime and crypto-currency. Bit of a slow start but seems to be picking up.

I'm enjoying this at the moment, am up to Ep8. There are a few unexpected twists and turns, definitely worth sticking with.
  • Just started Black Mirror series 3. I decided to watch Shut Up and Dance first up, bloody hell, took me out of my comfort zone.
    Great great telly.
  • Final episode of Westworld was probably the best of the series but I would love to know what SW was. Samurai world?
  • CHG said:

Just started Black Mirror series 3. I decided to watch Shut Up and Dance first up, bloody hell, took me out of my comfort zone.
    Great great telly.

Go one to go on this - been a brilliant series. So hard to write anything original these days, let alone a whole series of original one offs.
  • Loved the finale of The Missing tonight. Been great tv.

I enjoyed this all the way through, but was disappointed with the final half an hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• CHG said:

Just started Black Mirror series 3. I decided to watch Shut Up and Dance first up, bloody hell, took me out of my comfort zone.
    Great great telly.

Go one to go on this - been a brilliant series. So hard to write anything original these days, let alone a whole series of original one offs.
    Watched eps 1-5 now, so thought provoking, really enjoying them.

• Ridlington Place is a bit too slow for me but (not being a moviegoer) it's great to see the superb Tim Roth back in British drama.
  • Think I must be one of the only people who thought The Missing dragged on a bit. Didn't warm to (m)any of the characters. It was decent but got a bit overhyped imo.
  • Glad there was a slightly more jovial ending to this series of the missing. The first series was just so depressing, fantastic, but depressing
  • Quite enjoying series 2 of Ordinary Lies.
    Interesting idea around how little we really know about the people we work with, each story fleshing out the sometimes dark background of a different character each episode.
    Never saw the first series so can't compare.
  • Mr Robot is excellent.
  • Luke Cage - all the actors are good, other than the main character who can't help but have no flaw or personality and insists on speaking in riddles.

He literally can't say a straight sentence.
  • Quite enjoying series 2 of Ordinary Lies.
    Interesting idea around how little we really know about the people we work with, each story fleshing out the sometimes dark background of a different character each episode.
    Never saw the first series so can't compare.

First series was blinding, didn't realise there was a 2nd one, how far a long is it?
  • 1st series is superior in every way.

About 5 episodes in on series 2
  • Final episode of Westworld was probably the best of the series but I would love to know what SW was. Samurai world?

Exactly that.