Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Watched all three episodes of Westworld and think its got confusing. At the end of episode 3 the Androids were in the outback and seemed to be fighting amongst themselves, with no humans around. Well that's how it looked to me. Loved the 1970's film.
  • Really enjoyed lasts weeks 'SAS: who dares wins'. This is the second series, another one on tonight.
  • IT_Andy said:

Watched all three episodes of Westworld and think its got confusing. At the end of episode 3 the Androids were in the outback and seemed to be fighting amongst themselves, with no humans around. Well that's how it looked to me. Loved the 1970's film.

I think the woman with a shotgun was a human, when she ran off think it was just androids as part of Teddy's new backstory.
    I'm still enjoying it.
  • I'm half way through the new series of Black Mirror.

The episode 'Shut Up & Dance' is quite possibly the most tense and uncomfortable TV experience I've had in a long time. Even this morning I woke up and it was still on my mind as to how dark it was.
  • cafctom said:

I'm half way through the new series of Black Mirror.

The episode 'Shut Up & Dance' is quite possibly the most tense and uncomfortable TV experience I've had in a long time. Even this morning I woke up and it was still on my mind as to how dark it was.

that was definitely my favourite
  • Can't search on my phone and can't remember most of this thread without going back through.
    However, has anyone seen The Fall?
    BBC serial killer drama set in Belfast, great little series and we'll worth a watch.
    Gillian Anderson is excellent.
    IMBD rating from UK viewers is 9.6,
    I've watched first two seasons in a week on amazon prime and now up to date via iplayer.
  • watched 'National Treasure' on C4OD .. interesting and superbly acted drama
  • Enjoying the first few episodes of The Missing at the moment.
  • Didn't see the originals but quite enjoyed Cold Feet.
  • Anyone watch The Blacklist ?

Halfway through series 3 at moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Anyone watch The Blacklist ?

Love it. Probably my 2nd favourite series ever. Season 4 starts in Nov 4th.
  • MrOneLung said:

Anyone watch The Blacklist ?

Big fan of it, Spader is cracking.

• agreed - sometimes gets a bit convoluted though and he speaks quite fast !!
  • Started watching Roadies on Amazon.
    As the name suggests it's about Roadies, on tour with a stadium size USA rock band.
    Even though the groupies shagging the crew and bouncing around naked have been limited to the pilot ep it's still a good watch. Each ep is loosely a date on the tour and features a performance by the "support" band plus a few other performances inc Reignwolf, Lindsay Buckingham, Eddie Veder, Halsey, Lucius, John Mellencamp & Robyn Hitchcock.
  • edited October 2016

Can't search on my phone and can't remember most of this thread without going back through.
    BBC serial killer drama set in Belfast, great little series and we'll worth a watch.
    I've watched first two seasons in a week on amazon prime and now up to date via iplayer.

Watched the first series, personally found it 3 out of 5 kind of fare, but then I have always found Gillian Anderson's mono-expression face irritating. I've always thought her pretty wooden.
  • Anyone watch Goliath on Amazon with Billy Bob Thornton?

Just finished it last night and really enjoyed it.
  • edited October 2016
    Pretty disturbed by Damned. An office full of low paid social workers in a poor part of London. Only one ethnic character who is the butt of everyone's jokes. I like Brand and Davies but what were they thinking? If it were on Beeb the tabloids would be all over it.
  • Just seen the 4th episode of Westworld . It's losing it's way already and to me it feels like Lost set in the west.
  • buckshee said:

Anyone watch Goliath on Amazon with Billy Bob Thornton?

Just finished it last night and really enjoyed it.

Watched the first episode, enjoyed it. Billy bob is always compelling to watch.
  • edited October 2016

Can't search on my phone and can't remember most of this thread without going back through.

Re 'The Fall'
    Watched the first series, personally found it 3 out of 5 kind of fare, but then I have always found Gillian Anderson's mono-expression face irritating. I've always thought her pretty wooden.
    Enjoyed the first couple of series but starting to drag now and a bit far fetched. Though I hear there is talk of continuing the Gillian Anderson character (Stella Gibson) in a new series. Not sure if it is Anderson or her character I find irritating. Why no-one in the PSNI hasn't told her to clear off back to London I don't know. She is such a know-it-all. Mind you, it has just occurred to me that if there was to be a new drama set around a failing London football club that has a female CEO she could could play the part to a (K)T.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't search on my phone and can't remember most of this thread without going back through.

Re 'The Fall'
    Enjoyed the first couple of series but starting to drag now and a bit far fetched. Though I hear there is talk of continuing the Gillian Anderson character (Stella Gibson) in a new series. Not sure if it is Anderson or her character I find irritating. Why no-one in the PSNI hasn't told her to clear off back to London I don't know. She is such a know-it-all. Mind you, it has just occurred to me that if there was to be a new drama set around a failing London football club that has a female CEO she could could play the part to a (K)T.
    Her boss with the grey beard winds me up. He's always got that stupid look of dispare .
    Also is there only one hospital in Belfast ? How does the accused and the victim end up in adjacent rooms with absolutely no security and then they give him a nurse who looks just like his victims .
    It's laughable
  • Watched 4 episodes of Black Mirror so far. It is SO good. The shut up and dance episode was fantastic, great ending.

Charlie Brooker, creative genius.
  • edited October 2016
    This last series of The Fall was mind numbingly boring and so is Gillian Anderson with her botox stuffed expression less face. The most wooden actor since Ken Barlow/William Roache.

(The last episode was good).
  • I enjoyed the last ep of the fall but not as much as the 1st series.

Really enjoying The Missing

Ditto, loving The Missing
  • Is The Blacklist any good?
  • Valley11 said:

Is The Blacklist any good?

Yeah quite good. Half way through third series at moment. As always gotta suspend your disbelief at some parts.
  • Valley11 said:

Is The Blacklist any good?

Quite enjoyed the first series but then lost interest during the second.

Just seen the 4th episode of Westworld . It's losing it's way already and to me it feels like Lost set in the west.

Don't feel it's losing it's way personally. Still finding it interesting and not too hard to follow.
  • edited November 2016
    Just started Black Mirror. I thought the first episode of series 3 was rubbish but the second was much more enjoyable so hopefully it keeps getting better.
  • The Young Pope. Watched the first episode. Two hours. Way too long. Lavish production but Jude Law's Pope comes across as an utter Chunt. I guess that's the point. Will give it episode 2 but not hopeful.