Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• MrOneLung said:

More twists and turns in One of Us this week. They're all dodgy.

Am one episode behind on this.

Reckon it will be the blonde daughter or someone I have not seen yet.
    Undisclosed
  • There's a comedy pilot on the Beeb called "Our Ex-Wife", it's really funny, especially (perhaps?) for those of us who've been through the whole divorce stuff :smile:
  • there are quite a few good comedys on iplayer at the moment. Motherland was another pilot. cracked me up and i don't even have kids.
  • edited September 2016
    Also enjoyed the BBC one with Jonny Vegas and Emilia Fox about the lodge in the Lake District. Not laugh out loud funny but worth a watch.

The Coopers versus the rest is also good.
  • For some reason I thought "one of us" was a 3-parter, is that right?
  • For some reason I thought "one of us" was a 3-parter, is that right?

• edited September 2016
    Watched a new sitcom (pilot I think) called "We Are The Jury" or some such the other night. I can confidently assert that it was the biggest pile of shite I've ever seen. Unbelievably awful.
  • Just started watching 'The Night Of'. Very good.

I won't spoil anything but unfortunately the very high bar it sets early on doesn't continue the whole way through. Still a good show overall though.
  • Narcos season 2 lived up to season 1 in my view. There were times it tried to show Pablo in too nice light but it was solid, addictive entertainment. Well worth a go on Netflix.
  • Power is excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am on Episode 5 of Season 1 of Gomorrah and I am loving it. I did not think I would get on with sub titles but you soon get used to it.

Definitely helps that Italian is an easy language to listen to. Its an incredible series.
  • I watched the pilot of Jean-Claude Van Damme's new show, 'Jean-Claude Van Johnson'. The first 5 minute send up of his personal life was funny but the joke ran thin pretty quickly. It's a shame as I wanted to like it.
  • Well the 'one of us ' programme concluded last night and I wished than one of us had not suggested watching this steaming turd of a programme.
  • RedPanda said:

Narcos season 2 lived up to season 1 in my view. There were times it tried to show Pablo in too nice light but it was solid, addictive entertainment. Well worth a go on Netflix.

Yer I loved it, looking forward to the next series
  • I'm halfway through the second season and feel it's dragged a bit. Is there really a third season?! Overkill.
  • New series just started - Really enjoyed the first two episodes, won't be for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpEdJ-mmTlY
  • Just started watching 'The Night Of'. Very good.

Agreed, first episode was excellent.
  • Watched a new sitcom (pilot I think) called "We Are The Jury" or some such the other night. I can confidently assert that it was the biggest pile of shite I've ever seen. Unbelievably awful.

Yep total shite but nowhere near as bad as the crap Successville the night before.
  • Ash vs evil dead.
    Just seen first 3 episodes and wow!
    Big fan of the evil dead films and Bruce Campbell.
    Ash lives on!
  • Ash vs evil dead.
    Just seen first 3 episodes and wow!
    Big fan of the evil dead films and Bruce Campbell.
    Ash lives on!

Not forgetting sam rami
  • Sponsored links:

• I waited so i didn't do a spoiler on "One of Us"
    The Eric Cantona look alike Character Bill Douglas played by John lynch,
    wasn't the luckiest bloke around.

His Wife was having an affair with the Handy man.
    The Handy man who had worked for him for decades blackmails him.
    Not the first time she had played away from home.
    His son who appeared to have aspergers grassed both families up.
    He found out he had Parkinsons disease.
    He found out his beloved Daughter wasn't his Daughter.
    On the wedding Day he knew that his Daughter that wasn't was marring her Brother. ( that would have made a cracking Father's speech)
    In an attempted mugging, he asks the crazy druggie to murder his Son in law. (he wasn't his son in law because the girl wasn't his daughter)
    The druggie who you wouldn't trust to get your morning paper, not only murders the son in law but his beloved Daughter(who wasn't)
    (I use Yellow pages to get someone to take out folk who've upset me)
    He upset his next door neighbours (their son who he had murdered)
    He spat when he talked.
    He had a disappointing Lambing season.
    He was going to Prison for a long time after murdering the Druggie.

I always enjoy a feel good Story.

On the wedding Day he knew that his Daughter that wasn't was marring her Brother. ( that would have made a cracking Father's speech)
    In an attempted mugging, he asks the crazy druggie to murder his Son in law. (he wasn't his son in law because the girl wasn't his daughter)
    The druggie who you wouldn't trust to get your morning paper, not only murders the son in law but his beloved Daughter(who wasn't)
    He spat when he talked.

Strong beard though.

He spat when he talked.

Strong beard though.
    Is that where he hid the tiny Knife .
  • edited September 2016
    I'm on part 3 of 4 of 'Lava Field' which is an Icelandic crime drama that showed up on Canadian Netflix, so assume it's also on the British version.

Not sure if its been mentioned on here before but one for the likes of @PragueAddick and other Scandinoire fans. Not up the with the very best ones like the Killing and the Bridge, but still very decent and carries a lot of the hallmarks of those quality dramas.

Also, only 4 x 45 minute episodes so not such a life commitment to watch it.
  • I'm on part 3 of 4 of 'Lava Field' which is an Icelandic crime drama that showed up on Canadian Netflix, so assume it's also on the British version.

Not sure if its been mentioned on here before but one for the likes of @PragueAddick and other Scandinoire fans. Not up the with the very best ones like the Killing and the Bridge, but still very decent and carries a lot of the hallmarks of those quality dramas.

Also, only 4 x 45 minute episodes so not such a life commitment to watch it.

Good call, thanks.

I finished "Occupied" and really enjoyed it. Tackled big geo-political issues, the personal moral dilemmas Scandis never flinch from, and characters being bumped up off at stages in the plot a US series would hesitate to do. But is still quite high-octane US style suspense, as you would expect with Jo Nesbo involved. And it certainly comes as a shock to see "the West" (i.e. us) portrayed as a bit less than reliable.

• Finished Stranger Things in two sittings. Loved it.

Found Mr Robot season 2 hardwork. The plot was all over the place a difficult to follow. Still enjoyed it though.

Have also recently flown through Uncle with Nick Helm. Love his stand-up, but for some reason had never got round to watching it. Very funny. Really enjoyed it.

Narcos Season 2 next for me. Got it downloaded and ready to go.
  • Inside Amy Schumer is the funniest thing I've watched for a long time. My sense of humour is pretty messed up though so I'm probably in a minority on this one.

Just watched the latest episode, an acquired taste is the polite way for me to describe it. Utter shit is the other.
  • Anyone catch Westworld last night?

Been looking forward to this for about a year , good first episode.
  • buckshee said:

Anyone catch Westworld last night?

Been looking forward to this for about a year , good first episode.

Didn't disappoint...
  • edited October 2016
    I liked it but I'm wondering how they're going to pad it out over several seasons. I assume the central story is going to be a Robot version of Spartacus which will work well within the confines of the world they've created but is going to be trickier once the revolution happens and they break out.