Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Scandi fans, I recommend "Occupied". It's Norwegian and depicts a Russian "invasion" of Norway, not with tanks as happened here in 1968, more subtle than that, but definitely one I am keeping away from the wife, it would give her nightmares. It's based on a Jo Nesbo "concept", and apparently the real life Russians are very pissed off with it. It's actually quite subtle and thoughtful, with the EU portrayed as being on the wrong side too. I'm up to episode 3 and racing through it.

By contrast I must say that I will struggle to finish "The Out-laws" the Belgian series, after enjoying it early on.

Haven't tried it yet, but a Czech friend of mine highly recommended it to me, although he is about 40 so not old enough to remember 1968.

On a Scandi-noir note, series 4 of the Bridge due to start filming in November. Can't wait for it to air.
    Yep for a Czech (of any age) it is all too believeable; although the portrayal of "Russians" is far from Hollywood cartoon baddie.

Great news about The Bridge. Also checked "Spiral", they are currently shooting and plan on 7 months for it. But that suggests neither will be ready to darken our darkest nights of winter...

• edited August 2016
    Dunno if it's been covered before but just discovered the Strain. Can't decide whether it's utter chuff or not but its compelling in and undemanding in a collapse on the sofa after a late night in the office sort of way.

Also the Last Ship which most definitely is utter chuff but for some bizarre reason I'm hooked.
  • edited August 2016

Valley11 said:

Just started Ray Donovan. Pretty good.

Brilliant series . You are in for a treat .
    +1 for Ray Donovan. Little bit disappointed with the current season though.
    I used to really enjoy Ray Donovan but have given up on this season, absolute dross.
  • Valley11 said:

I used to really enjoy Ray Donovan but have given up on this season, absolute dross.
    Yep, been really lame.
  • HBO special The Night Of and Stranger things on Netflix have got my full attention right now as well as Mr Robot.
  • Inside Amy Schumer is the funniest thing I've watched for a long time. My sense of humour is pretty messed up though so I'm probably in a minority on this one.
  • Valley11 said:

I'm enjoying this season more than the last.....but I think it needs to be wrapped up soon.
  • edited August 2016
    Halt and Catch Fire season 3 is just starting in the USA, I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWrioRji60A
  • Rather late to the party, but just finished series 1 of Narcos on Netflix. Really enjoyed it! Series 2 coming soon I believe.

Gomorrah is next on my list...
  • Sponsored links:

• Rather late to the party, but just finished series 1 of Narcos on Netflix. Really enjoyed it! Series 2 coming soon I believe.

Gomorrah is next on my list...

Gomorrah is the best show I've seen in years . If you think Narcos is good then you haven't seen nothing yet.
    Big fan of Narcos and The Sopranos is my favourite series of all time, so therefore hoping Gomorrah will be my cup of tea!
  • edited August 2016
    I am on Episode 5 of Season 1 of Gomorrah and I am loving it. I did not think I would get on with sub titles but you soon get used to it.
  • Just started "Stranger Things" and "The Night Of" - they are both great so far and would highly recommend.

v brief insight:

Night of - murder mystery

Stranger Things - think super 8 but with some horror thrown in.

On episode 4 of 'stranger things' and enjoying it, straight away I thought 'super 8' when i saw it but there is more of a dark edge. Good viewing so far.
  • Watched Secrets and lies over the last couple of days on Sky box set. Pretty decent I thought. Will be watching season 2 b
  • Gomorrah is the best thing I've ever watched. Better than Breaking Bad
  • Loving the fourth series of Friday Night Dinner.

I also like Fleabag . Phoebe Waller-Bridge Showing Miranda Hart that leading women comedians can be funny .
  • Loving the fourth series of Friday Night Dinner.

I also like Fleabag . Phoebe Waller-Bridge Showing Miranda Hart that leading women comedians can be funny .

+1 for Fleabag. Have only watched the first episode so far, found it by mistake after one of the Olympic programmes had finished and it had me in stitches. Looking forward to seeing the rest. I'm assuming its a rerun as when I googled it, it was first reviewed back in June/July.

• JohnBoyUK said:

Loving the fourth series of Friday Night Dinner.

+1 for Fleabag. Have only watched the first episode so far, found it by mistake after one of the Olympic programmes had finished and it had me in stitches. Looking forward to seeing the rest. I'm assuming its a rerun as when I googled it, it was first reviewed back in June/July.

It was showed online on BBC3 first but it's the first time it's been shown on actual TV .
  • I'm on ep 5. Been downloading on I player to watch on train. Hilarious and hard not to laugh out loud in parts. Also cringey.
  • Anyone else see the first episode of "One Of Us" on BBC last night?
    New Whodunnit series (4 or 5 parter I think)
    Decent start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really enjoyed Stranger Things, going to be a second series
    Decent start.

Yes, we did, steve.

On the face of it you feel you know the murderer already but guessing there will be numerous twists & turns to come.

Think it has been brilliant. It's like a distilled version of stand by me, flight of the navigator, E.T. And Stephen King. Quality cast, the little girl and kids are amazing.

If you love those 80's kind of films then it is right up there.

I just popped in to recommend this also. My wife and I watched it over a couple of evenings. It was brilliantly done IMO, though I'm not sure how well they could do with a second series. I would have been tempted to leave it as a one off, but I'll definitely watch it if they do make a second.
    Decent start.

Yes, we did, steve.

On the face of it you feel you know the murderer already but guessing there will be numerous twists & turns to come.

Ok. Let's have your predictions.
    I will go for the girlfriend of the guy who pretended to call the police.
  • I think the murdered guy is the son of the morose, silent farm worker ( possibly the black sheep-lol ) who killed him before he could identify his estranged father....
  • Good shout.

It's the new Broadchurch I tell thee.
  • Just started watching 'The Night Of'. Very good.
  • More twists and turns in One of Us this week. They're all dodgy.
  • More twists and turns in One of Us this week. They're all dodgy.

Am one episode behind on this.

Reckon it will be the blonde daughter or someone I have not seen yet.