Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• That Nancy from Stranger things...
  • Watched 2 episodes of Narcos season 2. And that's as many as I will be watching.

No good? I was going to start watching Season 1
  • edited October 2016

Watched 2 episodes of Narcos season 2. And that's as many as I will be watching.

No good? I was going to start watching Season 1
    I watched season 1 and enjoyed it. Everybody else I know that's seen season 2 raved about it.
  • Talal said:

Inside Amy Schumer is the funniest thing I've watched for a long time. My sense of humour is pretty messed up though so I'm probably in a minority on this one.

Just watched the latest episode, an acquired taste is the polite way for me to describe it. Utter shit is the other.
    Sorry Talal. IMHO the first season and half was great (as far as I'd got). Just saw the first episode of season 4 last night and it was awful.

Let me make it up to you. There's a funny as fuck British show you might have missed called Miranda. Well worth you spunking £30 on the box set.
  • Talal said:

Inside Amy Schumer is the funniest thing I've watched for a long time. My sense of humour is pretty messed up though so I'm probably in a minority on this one.

Just watched the latest episode, an acquired taste is the polite way for me to describe it. Utter shit is the other.
    Sorry Talal. IMHO the first season and half was great (as far as I'd got). Just saw the first episode of season 4 last night and it was awful.

Let me make it up to you. There's a funny as fuck British show you might have missed called Miranda. Well worth you spunking £30 on the box set.
    Just ordered it, cheers...
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Prepare to be disappointed
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Miranda & spunking in the same chapter. As someone said to me last week " I would rather guide my father into my mother."
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

This, Miranda is bloody awful.
  • Theres a few whoooooshh's there
  • Sponsored links:

• I went to the preview of Black Mirror last night, the first 'San Junipero' was great, quiet nice in a Black Mirror type of way, then 'Shut up and Dance' came on, and I don't think I've seen anything so dark, so claustrophobic, so tense in my life, complete head f**k for an hour, people in the cinema looked shocked and numb. Few friends saw 'Nosedive' last night, and by all accounts that was pretty grim too.

All 6 new ones are on Netflix from October 21st.
  • Talal said:

Watched 2 episodes the other night and thought the same
  • I haven't ordered Miranda just to be clear, I'm not insane.
  • Been watching The Strain on catch up. Started really well through the first series but I've struggled with the second. Managed to get to the end of series two last night but only because I'd got that far I wasn't stopping but it's got really silly now.
  • edited October 2016

Been watching The Strain on catch up. Started really well through the first series but I've struggled with the second. Managed to get to the end of series two last night but only because I'd got that far I wasn't stopping but it's got really silly now.

I thought the books tailed off pretty dramatically too
  • Luke Cage is another decent marvel / netflix series. Along the same lines as Jessica Jones and Daredevil. The only thing Luke Cage lacks is a really good baddie.
  • johnny73 said:

Luke Cage is another decent marvel / netflix series. Along the same lines as Jessica Jones and Daredevil. The only thing Luke Cage lacks is a really good baddie.

I'm enjoying Luke Cage too.
  • Westworld, started Wednesday only watched last night but seems like its going to be good and easy to get into. Worth a watch, its about a world that has been created and they just re-run people but one different thing happens and it changes the story line, it is kind of like hunger games in the way its set up and people outside have made the world and create the people.

They then die and come back but with updates and there are a few that are faulty so they start causing havoc.
  • Westworld, started Wednesday only watched last night but seems like its going to be good and easy to get into. Worth a watch, its about a world that has been created and they just re-run people but one different thing happens and it changes the story line, it is kind of like hunger games in the way its set up and people outside have made the world and create the people.

They then die and come back but with updates and there are a few that are faulty so they start causing havoc.

Antony Hopkins heads a pretty amazing cast. It will be interesting to see if the story has legs, as it was a pretty tight film.
  • edited October 2016

Westworld, started Wednesday only watched last night but seems like its going to be good and easy to get into. Worth a watch, its about a world that has been created and they just re-run people but one different thing happens and it changes the story line, it is kind of like hunger games in the way its set up and people outside have made the world and create the people.

Real good.

Very much reminded me of Hunger Games, as you say.

Rich people go there to escape reality and do whatever the Hell they like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:

I went to the preview of Black Mirror last night, the first 'San Junipero' was great, quiet nice in a Black Mirror type of way, then 'Shut up and Dance' came on, and I don't think I've seen anything so dark, so claustrophobic, so tense in my life, complete head f**k for an hour, people in the cinema looked shocked and numb. Few friends saw 'Nosedive' last night, and by all accounts that was pretty grim too.

All 6 new ones are on Netflix from October 21st.

I had no idea there was a new series of Black Mirror coming out, absolutely loved it so far, can't wait for this now, thanks for the heads up!
  • Peep Show. Forgot how funny it was.
  • Bloodline
  • I've been watching 'Designated Survivor' on Netflix. Basically everyone in the US Congress gets killed in an attack and a lowly cabinet member is auto-appointed as President because he was the highest ranking person not there.

It's interesting but a little mundane. What makes it worth watching (if you're a 24 fan) is Kiefer Sutherland. It's only 3 episodes in so has scope to improve.
  • and he's the trailer for Black Mirror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-vAp9n8rQc
  • johnny73 said:

Luke Cage is another decent marvel / netflix series. Along the same lines as Jessica Jones and Daredevil. The only thing Luke Cage lacks is a really good baddie.

I'm enjoying Luke Cage too.
    Me too. Very nice soundtrack as well.

• red_murph said:

Also enjoyed the BBC one with Jonny Vegas and Emilia Fox about the lodge in the Lake District. Not laugh out loud funny but worth a watch.

The Coopers versus the rest is also good.

Westworld, started Wednesday only watched last night but seems like its going to be good and easy to get into. Worth a watch, its about a world that has been created and they just re-run people but one different thing happens and it changes the story line, it is kind of like hunger games in the way its set up and people outside have made the world and create the people.

The original film version was on the other week. Yul Brunner could act..........
  • OZ

HBOs first proper series. if you didn't see it back in the 90s give a go.

Intense, brutal and raw prison drama with a slight dark comic edge to it. superb.
  • edited October 2016
    Most people have probably watched it but I've been hooked on Vikings over the last month. It's a brilliant show that starts off on a shoestring budget and with quite a narrow story but then snowball's over 4 seasons.
  • National Treasure has been excellent. If Julie Walters doesn't win a BAFTA i'd be amazed. Superb acting