Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Agree about Westworld, not enjoyed an opening episode that much for a long time.
  • New series of 'The Missing' last night. 8 episodes. Very good first one imo.

I need to rewatch that episode. Missed about 20 mins in the middle and was pretty confused by the end.

I need to rewatch that episode. Missed about 20 mins in the middle and was pretty confused by the end.
    There was a lot going on and a lot of jumping between two historical times periods and the present day.
  • Just watched first two episodes of Westworld, love it. So many questions already!
  • The missing was very good last night with plenty of twists already and can't wait for next weeks
  • Ripper Street is back for its final season on Amazon Prime.
  • Just watched first two episodes of Westworld, love it. So many questions already!

like where has Thandie Newtom been hiding.......she's looking good !!

Also like Ed Harris' character - totally understands the difference between the hosts & the visitors & is going all out to enjoy himself knowing (he thinks) he cant get hurt.....

missed the fist 10 mins.....may have to re-watch it all as not sure if I actually missed what happened to the girl once she re-appeared (must have died in a fire) or we are left to guess it.
  • People Just Do Nothing on BBC3
    Observational comedy from the producer of The Office about a grime MC and his pirate radio station in Brentford.
    very funny if you like that sort of thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• bbob said:

People Just Do Nothing on BBC3
    Observational comedy from the producer of The Office about a grime MC and his pirate radio station in Brentford.
    very funny if you like that sort of thing.

One of the funniest things on the box. Love it Bruv
  • People just do nothing is great. Hadn't come across it before but series one recently showed up on Canadian Netflix.

I'm almost scarred to mention it as I know how well female comedians usually go down on here but I've been enjoying Morgana Robinson's The Agency. Not a cutting edge classic or anything and a bit hit and miss as most sketch show type formats are. It may start to wear thin after a few more episodes but it's had me laughing out loud enough to keep watching.
  • Just watched the missing , good viewing, even had the girl in photo wearing yellow joma Charlton shirt .
  • anyone watching Paranoid, currently on ITV. Strange drama & I cant be sure if it is supposed to be a bit tongue-in-cheek or just a bit weird ? Some of the dialogue is laughable at times.
  • People just do nothing is class. Every character is brilliant in their own different way.Love it
  • Chabuddi (sp) G is bar far my favourite character.

Sort of enjoying this. It's intriguing to see where it's going to go with regard to the plot line of the Movie however I can't shake the feeling that it's trying a little too hard to fill the gap left by Game of Thrones.

The show is well made, acted and scripted but for me the nudity and language feels forced, as if it's been shoehorned in to prove that this is an "adult" series for grown ups and needs to be taken seriously come award time.

Just my opinion it won't stop me watching.
  • smiffyboy said:

The missing was very good last night with plenty of twists already and can't wait for next weeks

This, watched it last night and really enjoyed it.
  • anyone watching Paranoid, currently on ITV. Strange drama & I cant be sure if it is supposed to be a bit tongue-in-cheek or just a bit weird ? Some of the dialogue is laughable at times.

Some of the acting is shockingly bad and some characters are dreadful.
    But I still find myself watching it each week
  • Sponsored links:

• Life in Pieces on Amazon
    Was looking for an easy mainstream comedy to watch with her indoors and stumbled on this.
    20 minute episodes, well written typical American family sitcom
  • Anyone seen Black Mirror?
  • Just watched the 3rd episode of Westworld. It lost me a bit.
  • Valley11 said:

Anyone seen Black Mirror?

Valley11 said:

I was horrified when the misses turned round to me and said "I'd be a 4.5".
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I've only watched a couple of them. The X Factor and pig fucking episodes were great.
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I've only watched a couple of them. The X Factor and pig fucking episodes were great.
    All on Netflix and definitely worth the time. Some work better than others but a few a truly brilliant. New series seems to have higher production values and the cast is impressive. I just hope it is not a case of diminishing returns.
  • I watched two episodes of Westworld and decided not to continue. The first episode was great, fascinating. But by the end of the second I kind of lost interest. I think it's over hyped and I'd rather watch a film like Source Code or Ex Machina. By the way the British guy is so annoying and the actor, to me, seems to be over acting.
  • edited October 2016

Been watching The Strain on catch up. Started really well through the first series but I've struggled with the second. Managed to get to the end of series two last night but only because I'd got that far I wasn't stopping but it's got really silly now.

I thought the books tailed off pretty dramatically too
    I enjoyed the books and the first two series of the show. But the plot of the series has now moved so far away from the book that it's turned into something completely different. I still enjoy it but I'm getting frustrated they are not moving forward to the conclusion set out in the books.

On the plus side Z Nation is back for a new fix of zombie slaughtering with a smile whilst we await The Walking Dead.
  • Valley11 said:

after a little binge watch yesterday I've just got the last episode to watch when the wife gets home from the gym. really enjoyed them all again
  • Will watch another Black Mirror tonight, watched Nosedive yesterday, which was brilliant, and scary all at the same time