Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I've just finished the last Kingdom based on Bernard Cornwell book series

Very good
  • New BBC4 series from France .. 'The Disappearance' .. very good so far .. I am a BIG fan of French TV drama series
  • New BBC4 series from France .. 'The Disappearance' .. very good so far .. I am a BIG fan of French TV drama series

Ditto, Lincs.

Looking forward to next week's episode.

Missed this. Is it police drama or something else?
  • You want to go back to the 70s, the golden era of British TV. I agree Homeland is great....but IMO there's only so much American stuff an Englishman can take. Get yourself the box series of Secret Army or Manhunt - great nostalgia and will keep you going for ages.

catch it on IPlayer .. if you can get that in Commie country .. it's a Police procedural allied to a complicated family drama .. wont say too much more
  • New one off Alan Partridge on Sky Atlantic at 10pm tonight. Trailer looks pretty funny.
  • New one off Alan Partridge on Sky Atlantic at 10pm tonight. Trailer looks pretty funny.

That was hilarious

I'm on episode 3 of Billions and I'm very much enjoying it

Paul Giamatti on his game
  • Just finished watching Line of Duty - excellent stuff from the Beeb, I was properly hooked!

Billions is very good too.

catch it on IPlayer .. if you can get that in Commie country .. it's a Police procedural allied to a complicated family drama .. wont say too much more
    ho ho ho, Lincs. just watched episode 2, it is very good, and have the rest lined up thanks to my Commie sized dish and Freesat.

Which is the thread where we discuss Santana? I got 4 on vinyl, (smuggled it through the Commie border known as Schengen) and wondered how you like it

• Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

New one off Alan Partridge on Sky Atlantic at 10pm tonight. Trailer looks pretty funny.

That was hilarious

I'm on episode 3 of Billions and I'm very much enjoying it

Paul Giamatti on his game
    Agreed it was classic Partridge. Coogan was back on form.
  • Not a series , but cartel land on Netflix is a superb docu film.
  • Narcos....best tv series I've seen in ages. Well above Game of Thrones, 11.22.63 and Walking Dead.
  • Versailles .. another French import ... ooh la la mes amis ((:>)

ho ho ho, Lincs. just watched episode 2, it is very good, and have the rest lined up thanks to my Commie sized dish and Freesat.

Which is the thread where we discuss Santana? I got 4 on vinyl, (smuggled it through the Commie border known as Schengen) and wondered how you like it

lol .. you're lucky that the lantern jawed border guards with Kalashnikovs and ill fitting uniforms didn't confiscate the Santana vinyl records on the pretext that they were really made from semtex (although semtex is/was Czech made) .. I should of course have added the prefix 'former' to Commie country ((:>)
  • Rescue Dog to Super Dog looks like it could be good for all the family, just watching the trailer had me with a tear in my eye
  • New series of Gomorrah on Sky Atlantic is fantastic.

Totally agree . It's the best thing on the box ( including Game of thrones ) at the moment.
    Agreed
  • Master of None is my new favourite comedy. Brilliant show.
  • The Walking Dead or just watch an Only Fools episode.
  • Anyone else seen Gomorrah? I'm 4 episodes in and hooked. Well scripted and acted, each episode moves the plot on rather than loads of fillers like GoT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Anyone else seen Gomorrah? I'm 4 episodes in and hooked. Well scripted and acted, each episode moves the plot on rather than loads of fillers like GoT.

If you look back at this thread you will see how much praise it has got. The best thing on the box at the moment in my opinion. Tonight's episodes on Sky Atlantic were breath-taking.
  • Valley11 said:

Anyone else seen Gomorrah? I'm 4 episodes in and hooked. Well scripted and acted, each episode moves the plot on rather than loads of fillers like GoT.

If you look back at this thread you will see how much praise it has got. The best thing on the box at the moment in my opinion. Tonight's episodes on Sky Atlantic were breath-taking.
    Only on the first season....how many are there?
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Only on the first season....how many are there?
    Two . Near the end of the second season on SKY Atlantic.
  • Just getting to the end of the first series of Man In The High Castle. Really enjoying it.
  • Enjoyed the disappearance, although I think the guilty party was pretty obvious from quite early on.
  • Valley11 said:

Unreal programme ain't it, got the last 4 episodes of series 2 to watch when I'm back. Can't wait
  • cafc4life said:

Valley11 said:

Unreal programme ain't it, got the last 4 episodes of series 2 to watch when I'm back. Can't wait
    Great programme and recommended on this very thread which is why I've been watching. Got a few to go on Series 2 as well.
  • just watched the first three episodes of New Blood on the Beeb, enjoyed it immensely.
  • Just watched the final 2 episodes of Gomorrah season 2.

Wow!

I see that season 3 & 4 have been commissioned by Sky. I just hope they don't drag it out too much.
  • Just watched the final 2 episodes of Gomorrah season 2.

Wow!

I see that season 3 & 4 have been commissioned by Sky. I just hope they don't drag it out too much.

That's great news. The best thing on the box in a long while.