Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• New series of Veep has been excellent so far.
  • edited May 2016
    Have watched all 12 episodes of the first season of Billions over the last couple of days. Really enjoyed it. They have already agreed to make season 2.
  • Anyone watch Marcella to the end? I have rarely seen a drama with so many loose ends. What happened to the taxi driver who broke into her house? The couple who had the Polish lodger who hung himself? Why did she put a bag over the killers head? The bit at the begining where she was in the bath covered in blood and mud what happened there? Didn't get it at all and just found the ending frustrating.
  • Presumably nothing happened to the taxi driver as Marcella didn't say anything.

The husband of the couple, will presumably be investigated in due course for murder.

She put a bag over the killer's head, because that's what he did to his victims.

She moved Grace's body from the flat & buried her in the woods, during one of her "episodes/blackouts".

That's why she was covered in blood. Presumably she went to Grace's suspecting an affair and found her dead.

There will almost certainly be a second series.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/may/17/marcella-finale-recap-devastatingly-unsettling
  • Just finished Undercover. I really enjoyed the series as a whole BUT.....

Whilst I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person, I haven't got a Fecking clue what happened at the end!! Anyone able to elaborate??
  • New series of Gomorrah on Sky Atlantic is fantastic.
  • Presumably nothing happened to the taxi driver as Marcella didn't say anything.

The husband of the couple, will presumably be investigated in due course for murder.

She put a bag over the killer's head, because that's what he did to his victims.

She moved Grace's body from the flat & buried her in the woods, during one of her "episodes/blackouts".

That's why she was covered in blood. Presumably she went to Grace's suspecting an affair and found her dead.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/may/17/marcella-finale-recap-devastatingly-unsettling

Why did she move Graces body though?
  • MrOneLung said:

Presumably nothing happened to the taxi driver as Marcella didn't say anything.

Why did she move Graces body though?
    Who knows ? She did weird things when having an episode.
  • Just finished Undercover. I really enjoyed the series as a whole BUT.....

Whilst I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person, I haven't got a Fecking clue what happened at the end!! Anyone able to elaborate??

basically Michael Antwe was the person who killed the man the other bloke was on death row for. So she got him off but it was the other cause in her life that committed that crime.

More importantly what job did her husband do for 20 years? Said was a writer as part of his undercover persona but you can't suddenly actually be one and do it for 20 years, bringing in an income.

Totally agree . It's the best thing on the box ( including Game of thrones ) at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Peaky Blinders just gets better and better.

i'm struggling a bit with it, TBH. Finding the accents more dense than before, and struggling to follow the storyline. Must be just me I guess. Who for example was the woman that the son of the Italian gangster could not be allowed to date? Who exactly is the sinister priest?

• The Secret has been good, final episode tonight. Nesbitt does creepy pretty well.
  • Just started watching Gomorrah on sky catch up .Half way through the first series.Italian drama based on the Neapolitan Mafia.Absolutely brilliant. Recommend highly

i'm struggling a bit with it, TBH. Finding the accents more dense than before, and struggling to follow the storyline. Must be just me I guess. Who for example was the woman that the son of the Italian gangster could not be allowed to date? Who exactly is the sinister priest?

I believe the woman is Tommy's sister & I'm assuming the priest is affiliated to the IRA.

Sounds so much like something you would catch in Magaluf I suggested to Sky that Durex sponsor it. Client were 'semi' keen. Sky told me where to go....
  • If you liked the bbc3 series him and her the new series on bbc2 called mum is by the same people and naturally very similar style.
  • Coronation street

Sounds so much like something you would catch in Magaluf I suggested to Sky that Durex sponsor it. Client were 'semi' keen. Sky told me where to go....
    Eh?
  • Preacher starts next week. If you aren't familiar with the comics it involves but is not limited to a possessed preacher, rednecks, demons, serial killers, angels and vampires. Made by AMC (The Walking Dead) so if you like that sort of thing keep an eye out. Amazon Prime have it from the 23rd.
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

Preacher starts next week. If you aren't familiar with the comics it involves but is not limited to a possessed preacher, rednecks, demons, serial killers, angels and vampires. Made by AMC (The Walking Dead) so if you like that sort of thing keep an eye out. Amazon Prime have it from the 23rd.

Looking forward to this. Think the casting of woody from This is England as Cassidy could be inspired. Not to sure about Dominic Cooper though, never rated him except in the History boys.
  • cafc4life said:

Just started watching Gomorrah on sky catch up .Half way through the first series.Italian drama based on the Neapolitan Mafia.Absolutely brilliant. Recommend highly

Cheers for the heads up on this, just watched the first series on catch up as well. Absolutely loved it, they don't pull many punches do they?
  • @red_murph

Give Romanzo Criminale a go too if you can find it.
    It's another Italian drama about the Mafia as a spun off from an earlier film.

Not quite as good as Gomorrah but still excellent viewing.

Both the original Romanzo Criminale and Gomorrah film releases are quality too.
  • @red_murph

Give Romanzo Criminale a go too if you can find it.
    It's another Italian drama about the Mafia as a spun off from an earlier film.

Not quite as good as Gomorrah but still excellent viewing.

Both the original Romanzo Criminale and Gomorrah film releases are quality too.

Y

Nice one Suede, will defo have a look. Didn't actually realise Gomorrah was a film. Looking forward to catching up with Series 2 now.

• MrOneLung said:

Just finished Undercover. I really enjoyed the series as a whole BUT.....

basically Michael Antwe was the person who killed the man the other bloke was on death row for. So she got him off but it was the other cause in her life that committed that crime.

More importantly what job did her husband do for 20 years? Said was a writer as part of his undercover persona but you can't suddenly actually be one and do it for 20 years, bringing in an income.
    Yes, as usual a ridiculous ending. I got it that Michael Antwi was the US killer. So, did the US & UK 'secret services' work together and set up the scenario for Antwi to be arrested and then killed in the Met Police Cell because they couldn't admit that Rudy had not done the US murder? Nick was getting his police pay but did no-one ever asks to see his published work? Maya was an irritating know-it-all clever clogs but failed to notice anything strange about her husband's non-existent career, likewise the equally irritating reporter friend. Also who the hell was Lola who picked the son up in the park?
  • We've been watching "The path" which is produced by and starring Aaron Paul from breaking bad . Really enjoying it.

It was on Hulu in the states so only available on kodi or by downloading .
  • Enjoying 'Bosch' on Amazon Prime (freebie) .. very good adaptations of the long running Michael Connelly LAPD detective novels ..
  • Peaky Blinders had been given another two series.
  • Thinking of starting 'bloodline' on Netflix

Any good?
  • Enjoying 'Bosch' on Amazon Prime (freebie) .. very good adaptations of the long running Michael Connelly LAPD detective novels ..

Just seen the first three episodes, decent so far. Was a big fan of the books.