Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016

anyone else finish OJ yesterday?

I'm not to keen on orange juice. But there is som in my fridge if you run out.
  • Options
    Thank god season 2 of better call Saul has finished. What absolute pile of shite. I kept willing something of substance to happen, but it never did.

Absolute crap.
  • Options

Thank god season 2 of better call Saul has finished. What absolute pile of shite. I kept willing something of substance to happen, but it never did.

Absolute crap.

I'd be surprised if they were going to go ahead with a season 3 . It really was dull.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Finished watching The Tunnel, Sabotage last night and loved all of it. (Love The Bridge too of course). Otherwise I don't get to watch much TV :-(

Love The Tunnel. Elise is a brilliant character, some very funny lines as well.
    So does the Tunnel 2 try to borrow the plot line of The Bridge 2 (as was the case with the Tunnel 1/Bridge 1, or does it have an original plot line this time? Question for anybody who has seen both, as I wasn't mad on the Tunnel 1.

• Options

red_murph said:

Finished watching The Tunnel, Sabotage last night and loved all of it. (Love The Bridge too of course). Otherwise I don't get to watch much TV :-(

Love The Tunnel. Elise is a brilliant character, some very funny lines as well.
    So does the Tunnel 2 try to borrow the plot line of The Bridge 2 (as was the case with the Tunnel 1/Bridge 1, or does it have an original plot line this time? Question for anybody who has seen both, as I wasn't mad on the Tunnel 1.
    I've not seen The Bridge, Prague.

Without giving away any spoilers, as the trailers already did that, Tunnel 2 involves a plane crashing into The Channel. Is that similar?
  • Options
    @PragueAddick I've seen both and they wrote a new story for the second series of The Tunnel....
  • Options

@PragueAddick I've seen both and they wrote a new story for the second series of The Tunnel....

That's that sorted then, thanks, I will give it a go.

Forgive my laziness, but it's Sky, right? Can I watch it on a web catch-up without a paid Sky sub? Or will I have to look, er, elsewhere?
  • Options

Absolute crap.

I'd be surprised if they were going to go ahead with a season 3 . It really was dull.
    I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Great acting, great script, great soundtrack and in no rush to push the plot so the characters are given space.

• Options

Absolute crap.

Season 3 starts next March
  • Options

Absolute crap.

Season 3 starts next March
    Well I won't be watching it. Zzzzzz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Been disappointed with Undercover in fact I fell asleep watching it last night. I understand that to get a good drama you have to often suspend credibility but this stretches it too far, also with all the flashbacks I am struggling to know what is going on it is too messy. Shame as it's a good cast but the premis is a mess.

On the other hand have been enjoying The A word Christopher Ecclestone is great as the foot in mouth dad.

All this......Hope they continue with the A Word characters and do another series as they have enough about them to make a lot of interesting stories.
  • Options
    Excellent start to The Five on Sky 1 last Friday. Very promising with a good cast.
  • Options
    Jints said:

Absolute crap.

I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Great acting, great script, great soundtrack and in no rush to push the plot so the characters are given space.

Yeah, the space is starting to pay off like few other shows. I can't think of many characters I have grown to hate as much as Chuck. Loving how they are slowly building the betrayal to come. Brilliant motivation for Jimmy, who to now had always done the wrong thing for the right reasons, to completely lose his moral compass by Breaking Bad.

I can understand how some people find it too slow. Most of the finale was just two people sitting in a room talking, but it paid off beautifully imo.
  • Options

yes .. terrific series .. very tense even though the result is well known .. Marcia (the real one) is on the Phil Williams R5Live night show on May 3rd .. that is going to be interesting
  • Options

Jints said:

Absolute crap.

Yeah, the space is starting to pay off like few other shows. I can't think of many characters I have grown to hate as much as Chuck. Loving how they are slowly building the betrayal to come. Brilliant motivation for Jimmy, who to now had always done the wrong thing for the right reasons, to completely lose his moral compass by Breaking Bad.

I can understand how some people find it too slow. Most of the finale was just two people sitting in a room talking, but it paid off beautifully imo.
    Yes, it's the same character arc as Walter in BB, but rather than a specific event triggering the moral decline, it's a mixture of Jimmy's inherent shyster talent and his very complex and interesting relationship with Chuck.

• Options
    edited April 2016

yes .. terrific series .. very tense even though the result is well known .. Marcia (the real one) is on the Phil Williams R5Live night show on May 3rd .. that is going to be interesting
    Johnny Cochran, Marsha & her junior council (can't remember his name) were portayed brilliantly. Travolta and Cuba Gooding Junior were odd.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    A must see for all of CAFC's unique customers is Paul Mertons Secret Stations beginning this Sunday on C4.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Johnny Cochran, Marsha & her junior council (can't remember his name) were portayed brilliantly. Travolta and Cuba Gooding Junior were odd.
    I read somewhere that John Travolta played him that way because that is the way he is & was confirmed by a number of observers who were there at the time.

Cuba Gooding just wasn't the right man to play OJ - OJ was a taller & leaner - more like Denzil Washingtom
  • Options
    Watched the new C4 comedy "Flowers" last night. Great start. Completely nuts. The whole series is on in one week.
  • Options
    Know it finished weeks ago but thought the Night Manager was very average. Pretty to look at and Tom Hollander was great but found myself a bit underwhelmed by it all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Just watched episode three of 11.22.63 and this episode was a real disappointment - seemed to fall into cliches (and they skipped two years through a 30 second musical interlude).
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Just watched episode three of 11.22.63 and this episode was a real disappointment - seemed to fall into cliches (and they skipped two years through a 30 second musical interlude).

I'm enjoying it but that skipping of two years did feel very lazy.
  • Options
    Think it is a classic example of trying to get a book of hundreds of pages into an 8 part series. In the book he arrives in 1958 so by starting in 1960 they have squashed it in even more.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed Better Call Saul but seems opinions are divided here. Also started watching Narcos on Netflix and well worth a watch.
  • Options
    Just started watching the comedy Camping on Sky Atlantic.

Some genuine laugh out loud moments and cringey at the same time.
  • Options
    Webby said:

Really enjoyed Better Call Saul but seems opinions are divided here. Also started watching Narcos on Netflix and well worth a watch.

Narcos is brilliant. Looking forward to the 2nd series
  • Options
    Anyone watching Ben Miller in "I want my wife back"? Very good so far.
  • Options
    Final episode of Line of Duty was fantastic.
    Brilliant series .
  • Options

Brilliant series . </blockquote

Top quality. Great tv

• Options

Brilliant series .

Great series. Poor last ten minutes.