Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    It is a faithful rendition of the book - and really brings to life the whole 60s thing. You will enjoy it.

The Sadie and Jake thing will get people blubbing by the end I am sure.
  • Options
    Vinyl - enjoying lots
    Better Call Saul - starting to get on my nerves. For god's sake let something happen. So slow.
    The Walking Dead - bored. Finale was ridiculous. 80mins of filler and 5mins of substance.
    Mr Robot - finally got round to watching it. 3 episodes in and loving it.
  • Options
    Bit behind the times here but caught up with Raised by Wolves last night. Bostin' stuff!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Vinyl Vinyl and Vinyl.

Some great music and quite stunning impersonations of famous artists, the Bowie and Elvis ones standing out.
  • Options

Vinyl Vinyl and Vinyl.

Some great music and quite stunning impersonations of famous artists, the Bowie and Elvis ones standing out.

Unfortunately they are both cancelled out by the Alice Cooper impression!
  • Options

Vinyl Vinyl and Vinyl.

Unfortunately they are both cancelled out by the Alice Cooper impression!
    Oh yeah, forgot that one.
  • Options
    Watched the first of the new series of Plebs tonight - very silly and very funny.
  • Options
    Thought Marcela on Monday started well. An eight part crime drama.
  • Options

Bit behind the times here but caught up with Raised by Wolves last night. Bostin' stuff!

I missed out on the first series, loving this one. Very funny.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2016
    Enjoying Better Call Saul. The second series is getting into its stride. Its quality stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought Marcela on Monday started well. An eight part crime drama.

Bloody hell. Thought was gonna be a 3 parter.

Undercover looks like could be promising.
  • Options
    vff said:

Enjoying Better Call Saul. The second series is getting into its stride. Its quality stuff.

Find myself wishing it wasn't so slow but then can't wait for the next episode.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Finished watching The Lens, which is the Czech contribution to the Walter Presents series. Have to be honest and say it is not up to the best Scandis, sometimes the plotlines were really stretching coincidences, especially in the final part. On the other hand you get to see a lot of Vica Kerekes...
  • Options
    vff said:

I gave up on it. The first two episodes of season two were dull
  • Options

vff said:

I gave up on it. The first two episodes of season two were dull
    On the verge of giving up on this myself - its been bit of a bore fest.
  • Options
    Inside Obama's White House .. four part BBC documentary .. a bit of propaganda fest for Barack, but it shows up what a fundamentally good man he is, the most 'left wing' president there has ever been with the possible exception of FDR ? .. time will tell ..

He is certainly a humane and intellectual giant compared to the two ham acting has beens seeking to follow him into the White House
  • Options
    On Friday at 9pm, Sky One, a new thriller series starting called "The Five" written by best selling author ( apparently) Harlan Coben

Decent write up in the TV Times.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

I missed out on the first series, loving this one. Very funny.

Think series 1 is available on 4OD or whatever it's called these days (All4?). Well worth catching up on.
  • Options
    BBC2 series Employable Me is a great way to spend an hour or 2.
    I've never really known anyone with Tourette's or Autism and have been glad to find out a little more about them both and to "meet" some of the people affected. In equal parts I've found the programme to be funny, frustrating (wanting the best for them), sad, surprising and inspirational.
    It's been great to understand how very talented these people are in certain areas and to watch them (mostly) do well once they understand the jobs/careers which play to their strengths and to silently applaud the individuals and organisations prepared to give them a chance.
  • Options
    Don't usually like science fiction but thought 11.22.63 was excellent last night. Still enjoying Undercover as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Finished watching "love" on Netflix. Story is pretty generic but the characters are great and the climactic scene with the Pete townshend cover of that English beat song was fantastic bit of soppy television. Haven't seen a bad Netflix original yet.
  • Options

Don't usually like science fiction but thought 11.22.63 was excellent last night. Still enjoying Undercover as well

11.22.63 was very good.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Anyone else watching "the Path"? We are on episode three here in Denmark and it's been reasonably good so far.
  • Options

On Friday at 9pm, Sky One, a new thriller series starting called "The Five" written by best selling author ( apparently) Harlan Coben

Decent write up in the TV Times.

Harlan Coben is a really good author. A lot of his books have a basketball player as the lead. Well worth a read

• Options

11.22.63 was very good.
    Another shout for 11.23.63 from me too. I thought the book was some of his best work for years and they seem to have done a great job so far in transferring it to the screen, which isn't always the case with Stephen King. The production in getting the look and feel of the early 60's is top stuff.
  • Options

Inside Obama's White House .. four part BBC documentary .. a bit of propaganda fest for Barack, but it shows up what a fundamentally good man he is, the most 'left wing' president there has ever been with the possible exception of FDR ? .. time will tell ..

He is certainly a humane and intellectual giant compared to the two ham acting has beens seeking to follow him into the White House

Can't recommend this enough also. American politics is fascinating and jaw dropping at the same time and this series really does show Obama to be essentially a fundamentally decent man.
  • Options
    Watched the first two episodes of Undercover last night, good stuff so far.
  • Options
    11.22.63 was stunning. Stephen King is one hell of a storyteller. The reputation he has of just writing dark and gory horror is so false. That guy can quite simply pen a great tale.

The book was brilliant. And even my wife, who would never pick up a King book, was riveted watching it on Sunday night.

Had the pleasure of meeting Stephen King at a dinner organised by a brand I was working with a few years ago. I asked him if he remembered coming up with the idea for Shawshank Redemption. He said he was sitting on the shitter and saw that the brickwork had come away a bit around the waste pipe out the sink opposite. He looked at his toothbrush on the side and thought he could dig out his bathroom with that in 50 years.

Wiped his arse, got off the bog, and wrote one of the all time great movie stories in a couple of weeks.
  • Options

11.22.63 was stunning. Stephen King is one hell of a storyteller. The reputation he has of just writing dark and gory horror is so false. That guy can quite simply pen a great tale.

The book was brilliant. And even my wife, who would never pick up a King book, was riveted watching it on Sunday night.

Had the pleasure of meeting Stephen King at a dinner organised by a brand I was working with a few years ago. I asked him if he remembered coming up with the idea for Shawshank Redemption. He said he was sitting on the shitter and saw that the brickwork had come away a bit around the waste pipe out the sink opposite. He looked at his toothbrush on the side and thought he could dig out his bathroom with that in 50 years.

Wiped his arse, got off the bog, and wrote one of the all time great movie stories in a couple of weeks.

Well it was a short story so probably didn't even need to get off the shitter.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Just started watching the Icelandic / Danish TV series thriller - Trapped. It's good so far