Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

Nobody mentioned the new house of cards?

Are are they to busy binge watching?

I've seen the first two. Very strange first 3 minutes of the first episode apart from that much the same stuff as before. Compelling.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Watched the first 2 last night as well. I presume the opening scene is going to become significant later, if not sure what that was all about.

Still good watching, although I think it's continuing more where season three left off rather than return to the highs of seasons 1 & 2. Personally think, although it is still very good, that it has suffered a bit since Claire has become a more major character a I just don't find her that interesting.
  • Options
    Just finished episode 4. Gets going at that point.
  • Options

I'm liking the Icelandic series Trapped on BBC4. It is set in February so good to watch while the weather is foul. Turn the lights down low and light candles for the Nordic experience.

Agree, this is very good. Moody and atmospheric. Just finished episode 7 now.
  • Options

Hollander being tipped as next Bond.

Can't see it myself. He's a little bit too metrosexual to be bond. I'd go for Elba or Fassbender
    How about Aiden Turner?

• Options
    Riviera said:

Elba is black. James Bond is white. Elba can't act either, the most wooden performances ever.
    Would you have Stephen Fry play Kanye West? No of course you wouldn't.

Can't remember Bond's race ever being mentioned in the books.
  • Options
    We have 3 to go on House of Cards. Claire is a bit*h
  • Options
    Danny Dyer, nailed on.
  • Options
    Walking dead has kicked on in a good way this 2nd half of season.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Elba is black. James Bond is white. Elba can't act either, the most wooden performances ever.

Well you obviously haven't read them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On more than one occasion Ian Fleming (he created James Bond) described Bond as looking like this:
  • Options
    Riviera said:

On more than one occasion Ian Fleming (he created James Bond) described Bond as looking like this:

i.e. nothing like any of the people that have played him in movies.
  • Options

Riviera said:

i.e. nothing like any of the people that have played him in movies.
    Oh I don't know, he's got Pierce Brosnan's ear surely?
  • Options
    Back on topic, has anyone seen Stag?
  • Options
    Just about to start ep2, carly.

Enjoyed the first episode a lot
  • Options
    Well.... if my damn VPN would work.

Chinese netflix is not very good :neutral:
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Yeah. Mentioned it just before the Bond fest started. Enjoyed it. Strange subject for a comedy.
  • Options

Anyone that's ever read a Jack Reacher book by Lee Child will know the main character is 6 foot 5, ridiculously powerful and intimidating in size and demeanour.

Of course, Tom Cruise was obviously the natural choice for the film.
    Petitions started and all sorts.

It's because the little shit bought the rights so he could play Jack Reacher.

The ego of the wee man is unbelievable....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Well you obviously haven't read them!
    Well you obviously haven't been looking over my shoulder my entire life keeping an eye on what I'm reading.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stag is quite similar to that Danny Dyer film 'Severance', its fun to watch.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Elba can't act? Soooo I'm guessing you haven't seen anything he's ever been in, ever?
    He's fantastic in Beasts of no nation. The man can certainly act.
  • Options
    Just caught up with the first two episodes of Stag. Comedy in the loosest sense of the word. But really enjoying it. I am assuming Reece Shearsmith had some influence over the filming style as it is very very dark. Feels similar to Severance without the Danny Dyer-isms.
  • Options

Just caught up with the first two episodes of Stag. Comedy in the loosest sense of the word. But really enjoying it. I am assuming Reece Shearsmith had some influence over the filming style as it is very very dark. Feels similar to Severance without the Danny Dyer-isms.

Good spot ;-)
  • Options

Riviera said:

Elba can't act? Soooo I'm guessing you haven't seen anything he's ever been in, ever?
    He's fantastic in Beasts of no nation. The man can certainly act.
    An absolutely brilliant movie, he is truly believable in Beastsof no nation.

I also think he would carry on this new rougher, tougher bond. certainly more than Tom Hiddlestone will...

Tom Hiddlestone will be a return to a gentler bond relying on being the equivalent of a rapey, sleazy gadget reliant wimp.
  • Options

I'm liking the Icelandic series Trapped on BBC4. It is set in February so good to watch while the weather is foul. Turn the lights down low and light candles for the Nordic experience.

And stick your head in the freezer every 10 minutes !

We're liking it too, PA .

Just started watching it on iPlayer. Thought the first episode was excellent, looking forward to the others. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    Love Vikings still, it's really good and the fact they're bringing back a certain character a bit is really adding an unusual twist.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Walking dead has kicked on in a good way this 2nd half of season.

Thought last night's episode was getting back to how good it was previously. Great battle scenes in the satellite station.
  • Options
    Away from the drama. Enjoyed the new comedy panel show "Insert name here", and Michael Portillo's Great American Railroad Journeys is as good as all the rest of his travel shows.

New series of the sublime "Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle" started this week. Looking forward to catching up with that.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Colin?