Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Second series of The Tunnel in April.
  • Options

Spin on More 4 is quite good. French, covering the same sort of ground as Borgen. Part of the Walter Presents package of drama from round the world. Also in that package is a Czech police drama called The Lens, which I am quite enjoying, but possibly partly because it's home territory. Think somebody else above said they were watching too.

What did people make of Deutschland 83?

Bored after the first episode. Unbelievable premise, so it had to be spectacular to make it work, and it wasn't.

• Options

Won't be another series of The Bridge - Sweden has imposed border controls which rather undermines the whole premise....

They could always transfer Saga to Edinburgh, have a crime that spans Scotland and England, and call it The Wall, I suppose...

I don't know if it ever got off the ground, but there was talking of a UK-French version, The Tunnel.
    It was on Sky a while back. Not a patch on the Scandi version.
  • Options
    Gave up on The Bridge early on - I just find subtitles too distracting/irritating.
    Loved Luther, but I think they missed a trick by killing off the brilliant Alice Morgan character
  • Options
    Or have they ....????
  • Options
    The OJ Simpson series on BBC2 (?) last night started well - what does John Travolta look like though !?!
  • Options
    Didn't know what to make of Vinyl. Quite corny to start with but the story gathered pace at the end. Potentially Mad Men meets The Sopranos.

Will give the next episode a go.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

The OJ Simpson series on BBC2 (?) last night started well - what does John Travolta look like though !?!

Does he play OJ?
  • Options

PL54 said:

Does he play OJ?
    That would be silly......

He's one of the defence lawyers.
  • Options

Spin on More 4 is quite good. French, covering the same sort of ground as Borgen. Part of the Walter Presents package of drama from round the world. Also in that package is a Czech police drama called The Lens, which I am quite enjoying, but possibly partly because it's home territory. Think somebody else above said they were watching too.

What did people make of Deutschland 83?

Bored after the first episode. Unbelievable premise, so it had to be spectacular to make it work, and it wasn't.

I didn't like the first episode, and was bored, but loving it now - one more to go, don't want it to end. music is great too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught up with Shetland last night. Episodes 2,3 &4 in one sitting (they've dropped episode 1 off I player - sensible huh! F@@k me I just said huh). Enjoyed it a lot.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Thanks for that. I'd missed it, so will have a look.
  • Options

Caught up with Shetland last night. Episodes 2,3 &4 in one sitting (they've dropped episode 1 off I player - sensible huh! F@@k me I just said huh). Enjoyed it a lot.

Agree very enjoyable - have watched previous series. Anything with Dougie Henshall is worth watching Also enjoy picking out some old familiar faces from Taggart in cast!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

looks like he's had too much botox - didnt move a facial muscle once !!

Good job there has already been a trial as their portrayal has it so 1-sided I've already got OJ down for murder & life in jail and I cant remember it being that bad 20 years ago.
  • Options

Didn't know what to make of Vinyl. Quite corny to start with but the story gathered pace at the end. Potentially Mad Men meets The Sopranos.

Will give the next episode a go.

Thought it was pretty good, ending was a bit mental but I'll give it another go next week.
  • Options
    Klondike (on amazon video and online too) is great, half way through at the moment and it's really well made and very gripping. Based around a true story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbWDyJ6UPXU
  • Options

New series based in Iceland called " Trapped" started on BBC4 on Saturday evening at 9pm with 2 episodes to begin with.

Just watched no 1 and about to view the 2nd ...pretty good thus far...

...although haven't clocked Hermann or JBG yet.

Yes, enjoyed the first episode although not sure it will hit the heights of the Bridge or the Killing. But it does have the weather going for it. Bloody hell. Right month to show it.

• Options

New series based in Iceland called " Trapped" started on BBC4 on Saturday evening at 9pm with 2 episodes to begin with.

Just watched no 1 and about to view the 2nd ...pretty good thus far...

...although haven't clocked Hermann or JBG yet.

Yes, enjoyed the first episode although not sure it will hit the heights of the Bridge or the Killing. But it does have the weather going for it. Bloody hell. Right month to show it.

I now realise why JBG doesn't seem to smile much !

• Options
    Just watched the first episode of The Man in the High Castle. It's set the scene very well. I hope the rest of the series builds on this.
  • Options
    New series of Better Call Saul on Netflix.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not seen it mentioned yet but 100 code is pretty good - another Scandi crime drama (this time with a yank so less subtitles).

Just started watching Gomorrah as well - good stuff so far.

The missus loves Blindspot.

Need to start watching Narcos
  • Options
    I'm deprived of great TV over here, thank god for VPN's and Netflix. I just finished season 2 of broadchurch, after finding it on Netflix 4 days ago.
    What a brilliant series.
    David Tennant is quite superb, and Olivia Chibnall's acting is of the highest quality I've seen for a long time.

Is there talk of a third? I can't see it due to the way series 2 ended, but I live in hope.
  • Options
    Boom said:

Not seen it mentioned yet but 100 code is pretty good - another Scandi crime drama (this time with a yank so less subtitles).

Just started watching Gomorrah as well - good stuff so far.

The missus loves Blindspot.

Need to start watching Narcos

Gomorrah is a fantastic series
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of The Night Manager last night, and thought it lived up to the big billing. Hugh Laurie looks like he has nailed the Richard Roper character, the apparent matey smile freezing into something more sinister, then going back to normal mode, all in 5 seconds. And the camera work is top drawer, as atmospheric as any big screen Le Carre. Cracking start, recommended.
  • Options

Watched the first episode of The Night Manager last night, and thought it lived up to the big billing. Hugh Laurie looks like he has nailed the Richard Roper character, the apparent matey smile freezing into something more sinister, then going back to normal mode, all in 5 seconds. And the camera work is top drawer, as atmospheric as any big screen Le Carre. Cracking start, recommended.

It was very good
  • Options
    Really enjoying the new series of Suits.
  • Options
    Anyone else watching Billions?
  • Options
    Glovepup said:

Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti? I've heard good things about it. I will probably watch it when all episodes are aired.
  • Options

Glovepup said:

Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti? I've heard good things about it. I will probably watch it when all episodes are aired.
    Yes that's the one. I am really enjoying it.
  • Options
    Agree on The Night Manager, Hugh Lawrie's got it spot on. Been watching Happy Valley and have had the sound bar on warp drive so I can hear the dialogue, why do actors mumble so much?