Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

Just seen that there are new episodes of Julia Davies' Hunderby starting on Sky Atlantic at 10pm tonight. First series was bonkers so hoping for good things again.

Bonkers is the only word for Hunderby. Hilarious!
  • Options
    anyone know if I can watch online The Bridge series 3 episode 2?
    I've seen episode 1, wife promised to catch-up but I've given up waiting but now no longer available on iPlayer (I have the other episodes recorded)
  • Options
    You could try maybe Geek TV (i think) or Couch Tuner. Not sure if they are in there but lots if shows can be streamed that way so they may be.

Anyone been watching Making a Murderer on Netflix? Compelling viewing, although extremely disturbing.
  • Options

Anyone been watching Making a Murderer on Netflix? Compelling viewing, although extremely disturbing.

I watched 6 episodes last night. Couldn't take my eyes off it.

By far the best thing I've watched in quite some time.
  • Options
    Won't be another series of The Bridge - Sweden has imposed border controls which rather undermines the whole premise....

They could always transfer Saga to Edinburgh, have a crime that spans Scotland and England, and call it The Wall, I suppose...
  • Options
    Season 2 of Better Call Saul starts tomorrow. Looking forward to it immensely.
  • Options
    I've just finished watching Vikings, was one of the best TV shows I've seen
  • Options
    Going to give the new Martin Scorsese a go as well. Vinyl. Starts on Sky Atlantic tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Can't wait for the next couple of months or so. Vinyl starting, written by Terence winter of sopranos and boardwalk empire. New series of game of thrones, better call Saul and house of cards.
  • Options
    Series 2 of Better Call Saul starts on Netflix this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spin on More 4 is quite good. French, covering the same sort of ground as Borgen. Part of the Walter Presents package of drama from round the world. Also in that package is a Czech police drama called The Lens, which I am quite enjoying, but possibly partly because it's home territory. Think somebody else above said they were watching too.

What did people make of Deutschland 83?
  • Options
    I watched Deutschland 83 about a year ago and remember it tailing off a bit
  • Options
    Happy Valley .. caught it almost by accident .. good start to series 2 but nearly as miserable as the one in SE7
  • Options

Happy Valley .. caught it almost by accident .. good start to series 2 but nearly as miserable as the one in SE7

I really like Happy Valley
  • Options

Spin on More 4 is quite good. French, covering the same sort of ground as Borgen. Part of the Walter Presents package of drama from round the world. Also in that package is a Czech police drama called The Lens, which I am quite enjoying, but possibly partly because it's home territory. Think somebody else above said they were watching too.

What did people make of Deutschland 83?

Last ep of Deutschland 83 tonight. Think it's a double. Loving it!
  • Options
    Anyone watched crashing on C4?
  • Options
    Watching Texas Rising on History & enjoying it, then again i am a fan of Bill Paxton. Its basically what happened directly after the Alamo
  • Options
    I've seen the first couple episodes of Narcos (Pablo Escobar story) and I really like it. My other half usually complains about guns and violence (there's a lot of that) but she's a big fan too.
  • Options

I've seen the first couple episodes of Narcos (Pablo Escobar story) and I really like it. My other half usually complains about guns and violence (there's a lot of that) but she's a big fan too.

Excellent series. Some very attractive women in it too, which is always a bonus
  • Options
    I just watched the first episode of the revamped X-files. What a mess. All over the place. I won't be bothering with episode 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Going to give the new Martin Scorsese a go as well. Vinyl. Starts on Sky Atlantic tomorrow night.

Looking forward to this. Not you giving it a go, but me watching it.
  • Options
    Just finished The Jinx. Wow. What a bizarre horrible man.
  • Options
    I'm half way through the first episode of Vinyl. Love the show and love that Pete Grant keeps getting screen time. He was part of my other half's family so I keep hearing stories about the crazy bastard. Great soundtrack for a Monday night.
  • Options
    Thought it was great. I know it was a long pilot but can't wait for shorter episodes. The last scenes looked a bit far fetched but actually based on a real event.
  • Options
    New series based in Iceland called " Trapped" started on BBC4 on Saturday evening at 9pm with 2 episodes to begin with.

Just watched no 1 and about to view the 2nd ...pretty good thus far...

...although haven't clocked Hermann or JBG yet.
  • Options

Watched the first episode of The man in the high castle.
    An Amazon made series set in the U.S but if the Nazi's and Japanese had won the second world war.
    Very promising.

https://youtu.be/zzayf9GpXCI

I've read the book .. series/movies made from P K Dick stories are usually MUCH better than the original written material
    Apart from Blade Runner, I was thinking the opposite. Yet to watch TMitHC, though, so this may be another one.
  • Options

I know it's in it's third series but I've just discovered Toast of London. Hilarious

https://youtu.be/MQnAvBxOAQo

Well, that was different.

When we first moved to Sydenham, we went for a walk in Wells Park. There was a family of four playing with a golf club and ball. The son managed to hit his Mum in the eye at the end of a swing and I do mean IN the eye. Blood everywhere. Never learnt what the outcome is but if she suffered serious damage it must have traumatised the boy.
  • Options

I watched the whole series of London Spy and in the end wished I hadn't bothered. Beautifully produced as always from the Beeb, but self indulgent bollocks as far as content goes. I never even got to understand what mmmmm had done, and on whose behalf, that caused the Establishment to mmmmmmmm in such an elaborate way. Those who produced the peerless BBC adaptations of the Le Carre novels must be turning in their graves.

Errr, spoiler alert.
    Oh sorry. Never occurred to me that anyone was still planning to watch it. But the bumping off happened in the first episode. The series is all about why. Or at least, it was supposed to be.

I nervously ventured over to the Guardian comment section below the review and was mightily relieved to find it wasn't just me. Loads of people slaughtering it.

In that case I might give it a miss. Struggling to find time to keep up with The Bridge as it is and I'm weeks behind on The Last Kingdom, not to mention about 30 other shows I've been meaning to watch!

Speaking of the Bridge, how are people finding it? I'm very much enjoying it, but definitely feel like its standards have dipped a bit from Series 2 (which was sensational tbf). I'm struggling a bit with the meddling in Saga's private life that is going on, but outside of that it is very good. Although her new sidekick's beard is ridiculous.
    Well, I must say that I am loving the Bridge as much as ever, but maybe it has got to the point where it can just do no wrong in my eyes. Saga's private life is unsettling to watch because she is an unsettling personality.My wife can't watch her. It seems to me that all the Danish series fearlessly take on issues and emotions that we Brits might not wish to confront in our mainstream TV drama. I'm finding it difficult to keep up with all the different characters but trust the Bridge to bring them all together in the end (unlike the execrable tosh we've been discussing above). I really think the actress who plays Saga is delivering one of the greatest sustained small screen performances I've ever seen, and we are probably not enjoying it fully because I bet the way she delivers her lines in Swedish is part of the enjoyment of an extraordinary portrayal. Somewhere there's a video of Sophia Helin talking about how she delivers all this, but I lost the link. I'll be bereft when it ends.

We saw Sofia Helin at a Scandinavian TV show event in London a couple of years ago. She said playing the character of Saga really gets in her head and it takes a long time for it to work its way out again so that she can take on other roles.
  • Options

Won't be another series of The Bridge - Sweden has imposed border controls which rather undermines the whole premise....

They could always transfer Saga to Edinburgh, have a crime that spans Scotland and England, and call it The Wall, I suppose...

I don't know if it ever got off the ground, but there was talking of a UK-French version, The Tunnel.