Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm. River was pretty good, but I had worked out whodunit very early on...
  • Options
    Just turned into BBC1 to watch Cuffs. I must admit I was peeved to discover it was not indeed 'Are You Being Served?' set in Woolwich but a police drama!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Tonight it will be cold and dark. The wind will howl. The rain will beat down.

She's back....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdcrN9Vggck
  • Options
    I liked river, but not because of the whodunnit angle but the characters and their relationships. I like Eddie Marsden but in this he added nothing, and for me was jarring even though I know what they were trying to do.
  • Options
    The Bridge III - BBC 4 tonight

Tonight it will be cold and dark. The wind will howl. The rain will beat down.

She's back....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdcrN9Vggck

Can't wait.

• Options
    Love The Bridge
  • Options

Watched the first episode of The man in the high castle.
    An Amazon made series set in the U.S but if the Nazi's and Japanese had won the second world war.
    Very promising.

https://youtu.be/zzayf9GpXCI

I've read the book .. series/movies made from P K Dick stories are usually MUCH better than the original written material
    Watched the first 5 episodes, highly recommend, very good.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Hmmm. River was pretty good, but I had worked out whodunit very early on...

The problem with River was the Character was 10 years too old and
    surely he should have been on sick leave, or is it acceptable to dance in the middle of the road when your sober and punch walls and talk to yourself all day
    while your trying to crack a case.

The only likeable characters were the Jewish/Muslim detective
    and the Counsellor who could hold my hand and yet not judge me ?

Nicola Walker is a superb Actress, but Unforgotten was less pretentious and had a better story line.

At times i thought River was a Parody of a Dennis Potter Drama.

• Options

Love The Bridge

One of the only shows I want to watch when or as soon as possible after it's been on and consciously make time to do so.

I miss Martin but the new series has started promisingly.

If I ever get to visit Denmark/Sweden I will be very disappointed if it is sunny.
  • Options
    Enjoyed River because it was a bit different; Unforgotten even better.
    Pick of the bunch for me is the new series of Fargo. Rivetting and even better than the first series imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been enjoying The Coroner on iplayer. On BBC during the afternoon but quite good and an easy watching drama. Enjoying The Last Kingdom, which I didn't think I would, and London Spy is good drama too.
  • Options

Love The Bridge

One of the only shows I want to watch when or as soon as possible after it's been on and consciously make time to do so.

I miss Martin but the new series has started promisingly.

If I ever get to visit Denmark/Sweden I will be very disappointed if it is sunny.
    You won't be disappointed
  • Options
    How is everyone finding the new series of peep show?

I havent watched last nights, but i thought the first 2 episodes were excellent.
  • Options
    I've watched the first three episodes of that Jessica Jones series on Netflix.

I'm wrestling with the fact that everything Marvel make is utter dross and everything David Tennant stars in is good.

What's the outcome? So far its alright
  • Options

I havent watched last nights, but i thought the first 2 episodes were excellent.

Loving it. Last night was fantastic, they seem to have gone all out this series. Weirder by the minute. No dog eating yet though
  • Options

I'm wrestling with the fact that everything Marvel make is utter dross

• Options

Loving it. Last night was fantastic, they seem to have gone all out this series. Weirder by the minute. No dog eating yet though
    last night's was vintage peep show. Stressful, bizarre but incredibly relatable and hilarious.
  • Options

last night's was vintage peep show. Stressful, bizarre but incredibly relatable and hilarious.
    Really cringey & very funny.
  • Options

Loving it - genius as always.
  • Options

Watched the first episode of The man in the high castle.
    An Amazon made series set in the U.S but if the Nazi's and Japanese had won the second world war.
    Very promising.

https://youtu.be/zzayf9GpXCI

Watched the first 4 episodes of this and found it absolutely gripping so far.

Also enjoyed "Mr Robot", although I had no idea what was going on half the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jessica Jones on Netflix is excellent. I hate all marvel shit but I really enjoyed this. David Tennant as Kilgrave is absolutely superb!
  • Options
    Really enjoying the Detectorists. The Last Kingdom is very good as well.
  • Options
    Detectorists is superb
  • Options
    Never heard of Detectorists until I read it on here. Love it. Watched the lot over a couple of days . Looking forward to the christmas special in a couple of weeks
  • Options
    Excellent. Something to look forward to on television over Christmas. Hopefully will be on in time, so I can save it, just in case for after the Bristol City Boxing day Charlton away game.

• Options
    23rd I think
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I know it's in it's third series but I've just discovered Toast of London. Hilarious

https://youtu.be/MQnAvBxOAQo
  • Options
    Mr Robot was enjoyable, if ludicrous (I saw that someone in Anonymous praised it as 'the most accurate depiction of hackers ever'. I'm sure he fucking did - they were all edgy, bright young things operating out of a disused fairground employing zero-day exploits, as opposed to fat blokes who stink of piss wearing iron maiden t shirts sitting in the bedrooms of their mum's house using metasploit)

The Leftovers is definitely worth a look, although it is extremely depressing and can't decide whether it wants to be a mystery show or a show about people dealing with a mystery. The end of this season was great - built up really nicely.
  • Options

I know it's in it's third series but I've just discovered Toast of London. Hilarious

https://youtu.be/MQnAvBxOAQo

Thanks Beds. Saw the original C4 trailer and thought it looked shit. Watched this one and thought I'll give it a go. Two episodes down of series one on All 4, that's my day sorted! Right up my street.
  • Options
    Anyone watch Capital? Found it extremely enjoyable and intriguing. However, as usual these days, the ending was disappointing. The bit about the £100k in cash was actually annoying.