Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Anyone seen Narcos on Netflic? It’s a drama-documentary on the rise of Pablo Escobar and his empire in Colombia.

I finished it this morning and I really enjoyed it. It romanticises Escobar a bit too much but it’s great suspense and drama and (mostly) true to life. How he got away with so many heinous and largescale crimes is ridiculous. The show is a semi-biography of him whilst also discussing the government and DEA’s attempts to capture him.

Fargo S2 started last night in the US, I’ve been waiting for that.
  • Just finished watching Narcos and Peaky Blinders on Netflix, both are bloody amazing shows.

Not sure what to watch next. Can't wait for Better Call Saul to start again.
  • Also, if you have netflix and a VPN, this is a great site

http://can.whatsnewonnetflix.com/
  • Catch up with Doctor Foster in BBC IPlayer. Well worth a watch.
  • New series of Homeland started on Sunday.

Interesting start, definitely just setting the scene for the series to come.
  • anyone watch Bojack Horseman? Surprisingly well written for an adult cartoon comedy show.

Enjoyed this although I felt it got a little bit silly towards the end

I thought the scene with the custard pies and the clown worked in context with the rest of the script... :wink:
  • anyone watch Bojack Horseman? Surprisingly well written for an adult cartoon comedy show.

Its alright, but its no Archer.

Really enjoyed that series
  • Sponsored links:

Agree. Thought it was watchable but not much more. Not a patch on Scott and Bailey.

Is there anything Suranne Jones does that doesn't involve jugging back copious amounts of wine?

• Just downloaded episode 1 of the new season of Fargo. Loved the first season so am looking forward to this. Have had Narcos downloaded to watch for a while. Will get round to it eventually.
  • Just downloaded episode 1 of the new season of Fargo. Loved the first season so am looking forward to this. Have had Narcos downloaded to watch for a while. Will get round to it eventually.

Bugger, didn't realise that had started Clem. Thought the first series was excellent! Will be downloading that for sure.
  • Jaddick said:

Not a huge comic-book guy but both Daredevil and Gotham were great. Looking forward to season 2 of both on Netflix, especially the latter.

I thought they were both turd.

However I did enjoy Flash and Arrow which shows Turd doesn't have to mean not enjoyable.
  • I've seen the first episode of Mr Robot ( it's nothing to do with Robots) and it was superb. It has had rave reviews in The US but I'm not sure if it's been picked up by a British TV company yet.

It's been picked up by Amazon Prime I think?

What's it about?
  • I've seen the whole first season of Mr Robot. It's strange. It is about a group of hacktivists taking on a big corporation. Imagine a dramatisation about Anonymous and that pretty much covers it. Group of young people disillusioned with society, post videos to the world whilst wearing a mask and trying to take on an evil corporation (the company they target is actually called Evil corp).

That makes it sound quite shit and incredibly cheesy, it isn't really. I enjoyed it, wasn't the best thing I've ever watched but it was entertaining enough.

Agree. Thought it was watchable but not much more. Not a patch on Scott and Bailey.

Is there anything Suranne Jones does that doesn't involve jugging back copious amounts of wine?

She's hot though!
  • The much awaited second series of Arne Dahl is on BBC4 on Saturday at 9am. First series rally was excellent and would thoroughly recommend this to any Nordic Noir buffs.
  • edited October 2015
    For anyone interested... Bernard Cornwell's Saxon books have been produced for BBC (Entitled the Last Kingdom)

The first two episodes were shown on Saturday night in America with the first episode being broadcast here in England on BBC Two @ 9pm on Thursday 22nd October.

As someone who grew up in the 90s with Sharpe on ITV I was a bit worried at how they'd be portrayed on television yet I downloaded the first two episodes on Sunday and so far so good... For anyone who has read the books, Uhtred (the main character) seems a bit too soft yet all other characters have been really well casted, especially Ubba who is a nutcase yet funny at the same time.

There are a few sections that have been cut and new sections added in yet that is because the first series (Only eight episodes) is a combination of the Last Kingdom (Book One) and the Pale Horseman (Book Two) and with the new scenes that arent in the book

i.e. they've not been added in a way to make you wonder who thought it up... Read and then watch Sharpe's Gold if your not sure what I mean, because whoever produced that film should be in prison seeing that they must have been beyond as high as a kite when writing it
  • I'm both excited and bit nervous about the Last Kingdom. I'm a big fan of the books so I'm worried about that they'll ruin it (the guy playing Uthred looks all wrong... way too pretty) but I'm excited because if they get it right, I think the books have the potential to make great TV - could be a kind of historically accurate Game of Thrones, minus the Dragons and other fantasy shenanigans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Must co sign whoever said "Power". series 2 has been on rod the best series of the year, definately worth a watch, very gritty, excellent show, and Naturi Naughton gets naked in it, which is a good enough excuse to watch it!!
  • The much awaited second series of Arne Dahl is on BBC4 on Saturday at 9am. First series rally was excellent and would thoroughly recommend this to any Nordic Noir buffs.

Thanks for the heads up D! Look forward to it.

She's hot though!
    This. Something really, really sexy about her.
  • Anyone see Un forgotten? Good start Imo.
  • I'm both excited and bit nervous about the Last Kingdom. I'm a big fan of the books so I'm worried about that they'll ruin it (the guy playing Uthred looks all wrong... way too pretty) but I'm excited because if they get it right, I think the books have the potential to make great TV - could be a kind of historically accurate Game of Thrones, minus the Dragons and other fantasy shenanigans.

It's ok the problem is it looks like it's been made on the cheap, some of the armour & weapons look like kids toys. It's watchable but I don't think you'll be amazed by it

They needed a Chris Hemsworth (Thor) type actor to play Uhtred... Instead they got a grown up Daniel Radcliffe type actor... There is one part when he runs stealthy and its a head in hands moment

The guy who plays Alfred looks a good pick as does Beocca and Guthrum, as already mentioned, Ubba is someone I'm going to enjoy but the actor looks too thin.

Couldnt believe the guy who plays Ravn is also Earle from Batman Begins (i.e. the Guy who looks after Wayne Enterprises when Bruce is thought dead)

She's hot though!
    Jeez, yeah.

They needed a Chris Hemsworth (Thor) type actor to play Uhtred... Instead they got a grown up Daniel Radcliffe type actor... There is one part when he runs stealthy and its a head in hands moment

The guy who plays Alfred looks a good pick as does Beocca and Guthrum, as already mentioned, Ubba is someone I'm going to enjoy but the actor looks too thin.

Couldnt believe the guy who plays Ravn is also Earle from Batman Begins (i.e. the Guy who looks after Wayne Enterprises when Bruce is thought dead)
    Maybe, all I know is that the most fearsome of all Saxon Warriors, renowned throughout the land, shouldn't look like he moisturises!

Maybe, all I know is that the most fearsome of all Saxon Warriors, renowned throughout the land, shouldn't look like he moisturises!

Not to mention the fact that he's also got the most poncy bum fluff... I know he's supposed to look young but he looks pathetic, at least give him some rough stubble
  • Forgive me if it's already been posted but 2 new series of "old favourites" are back very soon.

"The Returned" starts series 2 at 9pm on Friday, 16th October on More 4

And "Fargo" returns on Monday , 19th on Channel 4.