Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    A lot of new US series have started, I normally wait to see if they get renewed for a 2nd series before committing.

2 are based on recent films, Limitless and Minority Report. Another is Nightwing which is about Dick Grayson who quits as Robin when his GF is killed.
  • Options
    Does anyone know the start date of Last Kingdom?
  • Options

Thursday 22nd October on BBC2 @ 9pm
  • Options

Anyone see Un forgotten? Good start Imo.

I don't remember that being on.
  • Options

Forgive me if it's already been posted but 2 new series of "old favourites" are back very soon.

"The Returned" starts series 2 at 9pm on Friday, 16th October on More 4

And "Fargo" returns on Monday , 19th on Channel 4.

Fargo started last Monday in the US. Plenty of places to download it from.

• Options
    Watched the first episode of Fargo last night. Thought it was brilliant. If it turns out half as good as series one it' ll be the TV highlight of the year
  • Options

Thursday 22nd October on BBC2 @ 9pm

Cheers
  • Options

Watched the first episode of Fargo last night. Thought it was brilliant. If it turns out half as good as series one it' ll be the TV highlight of the year

Thought series one was brilliant. Have no idea how they will follow it up with the second but really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Do you need to have seen the first series of Fargo before watching the 2nd??
  • Options
    No it's set 20 years earlier, completely different cast. Looking forward to it. Season 1 was brilliant especially Billy Bob Thornton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do you need to have seen the first series of Fargo before watching the 2nd??

You don't need to have seen it to watch season 2, however, you do need to see it. It is superb.
  • Options
    Manhattan is back for a second series if anyone saw the first. First series was good, it's about the Americans creating the atomic bomb before anyone else. Lots more sub plots in it as well.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Thought series one was brilliant. Have no idea how they will follow it up with the second but really looking forward to it.
    Different time, different crime. Anthology series seem to be in vogue again. American Horror Story is one worth checking out, if just for the superb Jessica Lange.
  • Options
    Secrets and lies(US). Probably not new but we started watching it about a month ago. And it is so stoopid its unreal. But still we watch it!
    Julitte Lewis's creepy cop routine is beyond silly.

• Options
    Mr Robot, if no one has mentioned it. Was signed up for a second season before it was even aired which is unusual, watchable here on Amazon Prime Video just like Breaking Bad with Netflix.

trailer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug4fRXGyIak

I loved it.
  • Options
    Anyone watched fear the walking dead, thinking of starting it. Worth it or much of a muchness re walking dead?
  • Options
    The Muppets are back on Sky One tonight. This is not a rerun of our recent past performances.
    Those were the days. Watching the Muppets followed by a healthy dollop of the Generation Game, then off to the pub.
    Oh how easily we were pleased.
  • Options

Anyone watched fear the walking dead, thinking of starting it. Worth it or much of a muchness re walking dead?

I haven't seen it yet, but my understanding of it is that the show was supposed to focus on the breakdown of ordered civilisation more than the main show (Rick was asleep for that bit). But it didn't stick to its guns. Someone else might know if that's the case.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

The Muppets are back on Sky One tonight. This is not a rerun of our recent past performances.
    Those were the days. Watching the Muppets followed by a healthy dollop of the Generation Game, then off to the pub.

Will be tuning into this pettgra. If you have Sky you can download it on Catch Up/Preview already.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

pettgra said:

Will be tuning into this pettgra. If you have Sky you can download it on Catch Up/Preview already.
    What did you think Red, I found it a bit wierd.
    I know one thing; Fozzie Bear is punching above his weight!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I haven't seen it yet, but my understanding of it is that the show was supposed to focus on the breakdown of ordered civilisation more than the main show (Rick was asleep for that bit). But it didn't stick to its guns. Someone else might know if that's the case.
    It stuck to that plot line until the final episode (which was probably the best imo).

It was ok. Quite a slow burner. Only 6 episodes, but has been renewed for a second series.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

red_murph said:

pettgra said:

What did you think Red, I found it a bit wierd.
    I know one thing; Fozzie Bear is punching above his weight!
    Aye, thought it was a bit strange but watchable. Will give it another go.

Thought Fargo got off to a good start.

• Options
    Glovepup said:

Mr Robot, if no one has mentioned it. Was signed up for a second season before it was even aired which is unusual, watchable here on Amazon Prime Video just like Breaking Bad with Netflix.

trailer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug4fRXGyIak

I loved it.

Yeah been mentioned before. Haven't met anyone so far who hasn't enjoyed it, surprised it hasn't been given more of a push.
  • Options
    caught up with bojack. What a series! More of a dramedy than a comedy. Highly recommend to those with a netflix account.
  • Options
    Building Cars .. Live .. James May doing a great job freed from the overbearing bullshit of Clarkson .. I spent a few years at Ford, Dagenham in the 70s and 80s when robots were first coming in .. now, the precision and dependence on them is remarkable .. remember the very old TV ads .. 'hand built by robots' ?

This looks to be a good series, educational and uplifting .. it shows that England is STILL a great place for building and manufacturing high quality, high value products .. one fact .. The Nissan factory in Sunderland alone builds more cars per annum than the whole of Italy .. presumably FIATs are now built anywhere other than in Turin
  • Options
    The last Kingdom on bbc2 last night was good. Being compared to game of thrones, but I don't watch that so wouldn't know.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Building Cars .. Live .. James May doing a great job freed from the overbearing bullshit of Clarkson .. I spent a few years at Ford, Dagenham in the 70s and 80s when robots were first coming in .. now, the precision and dependence on them is remarkable .. remember the very old TV ads .. 'hand built by robots' ?

This looks to be a good series, educational and uplifting .. it shows that England is STILL a great place for building and manufacturing high quality, high value products .. one fact .. The Nissan factory in Sunderland alone builds more cars per annum than the whole of Italy .. presumably FIATs are now built anywhere other than in Turin

not so much a series as a two parter ....a BRILLIANT two parter that shows the BBC at it's best .. this should be compulsory viewing for ALL schoolchildren/students over the age of seven up to ninety .. the whole car business dissected and analysed .. I say again ... SUPERB
  • Options

The last Kingdom on bbc2 last night was good. Being compared to game of thrones, but I don't watch that so wouldn't know.

Yeah I enjoyed it. Based on my dim memory of the book (was 6 or 7 years ago that I read it) they have stayed relatively faithful. The battle scene looked a little amateur dramatics though, not a big fan of the wobbly hand held camera effects they went for. I hope those get better because the intensity of the battle scenes is a significant part of the books and Uhtred's character ( and they are masterfully described in the books).

It's a Beeb production so it will never be able to compete with the rich sets and turn it up to 11 sex and violence in GoT, plus is set in damp, muddy Saxon England, but on first viewing they haven't ruined as I worried they might. Uhtred still looks all wrong though.
  • Options
    Thought Mr Robot was very good - if predictable at times, with twists that you can see coming a mile off. Very enjoyable though.

Fargo is just brilliant. Better than the first series (and that takes some doing). Bokeem Woodbine is fantastic in it - although all the cast are superb, and the direction, storyline and script are wonderful.