Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

Never heard of Detectorists until I read it on here. Love it. Watched the lot over a couple of days . Looking forward to the christmas special in a couple of weeks

Have you seen series 1?

• Options
    Riviera said:

Anyone watch Capital? Found it extremely enjoyable and intriguing. However, as usual these days, the ending was disappointing. The bit about the £100k in cash was actually annoying.

I watched it too. Thought it was ok but definitely felt a bit short changed at the end, think it had the potential to be better overall.
  • Options
    The leftovers anyone stick with it for the second series?

Thought it was finished brilliantly
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Riviera said:

Anyone watch Capital? Found it extremely enjoyable and intriguing. However, as usual these days, the ending was disappointing. The bit about the £100k in cash was actually annoying.

It was good, but the book was a lot better. It felt rushed especially in the final episode.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Yep. Agree with what you say. Watched the first 2 back to back and was really look forward the the final part. Really dissapointed with the ending
  • Options
    Thought Prey on ITV last night was good. Three part series.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

wasted three hours of my life to be honest
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    red_murph said:

I know it's in it's third series but I've just discovered Toast of London. Hilarious

https://youtu.be/MQnAvBxOAQo

Thanks Beds. Saw the original C4 trailer and thought it looked shit. Watched this one and thought I'll give it a go. Two episodes down of series one on All 4, that's my day sorted! Right up my street.
    @red_murph can you hear me? Its me, @Clem_Snide (fandango)
  • Options
    Anyone seen Prey? Just caught up with the first series and thought it was excellent. I believe the next series is out at the moment.

(Edit - Just seen Bolloxbuilder's post!)
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Never heard of Detectorists until I read it on here. Love it. Watched the lot over a couple of days . Looking forward to the christmas special in a couple of weeks

Have you seen series 1?

Yeah, brilliant.
    People don't really go around watching a series 2 before they've seen the first do they? Crazy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    (Edit - Just seen Bolloxbuilder's post!)

Ha, ha
  • Options
    I love both seasons of Fargo, but there was a moment in episode 9 of season 2 which tested my loyalty to the limit. Won't give away a spoiller but it really pissed me off (much more than a TV show should)
  • Options

How is everyone finding the new series of peep show?

I havent watched last nights, but i thought the first 2 episodes were excellent.

Less manic episode last night - but immensely enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I love both seasons of Fargo, but there was a moment in episode 9 of season 2 which tested my loyalty to the limit. Won't give away a spoiller but it really pissed me off (much more than a TV show should)

Reading this may help justify it (spoilers within, obviously).

Presuming it is that, yep it’s outside the norm and I’m not 100% for it, but it did sort of work and it wasn’t a total surprise. I liked the line on the balcony which followed it.

I think it has surpassed season 1 for me now, but I understand why people may not appreciate the above moment. Apparently season 3 will take place after season 1, so some characters may come back.
  • Options
    Just seen that there are new episodes of Julia Davies' Hunderby starting on Sky Atlantic at 10pm tonight. First series was bonkers so hoping for good things again.
  • Options
    I watched the whole series of London Spy and in the end wished I hadn't bothered. Beautifully produced as always from the Beeb, but self indulgent bollocks as far as content goes. I never even got to understand what Alex had done, and on whose behalf, that caused the Establishment to bump him off in such an elaborate way. Those who produced the peerless BBC adaptations of the Le Carre novels must be turning in their graves.
  • Options
    I gave up after the first one, just couldn't get interested enough .. pity as Ben Whishaw is an excellent actor.
  • Options
    I like Cop dramas, both TV & books really. Enjoyed watching first episode of Cold Blood, it's on ITV.

I'm also watching series 2 of Borgen, a Danish drama set in/around Parliament. Good programme.
  • Options

I watched the whole series of London Spy and in the end wished I hadn't bothered. Beautifully produced as always from the Beeb, but self indulgent bollocks as far as content goes. I never even got to understand what mmmmm had done, and on whose behalf, that caused the Establishment to mmmmmmmm in such an elaborate way. Those who produced the peerless BBC adaptations of the Le Carre novels must be turning in their graves.

Errr, spoiler alert.
  • Options

I watched the whole series of London Spy and in the end wished I hadn't bothered. Beautifully produced as always from the Beeb, but self indulgent bollocks as far as content goes. I never even got to understand what mmmmm had done, and on whose behalf, that caused the Establishment to mmmmmmmm in such an elaborate way. Those who produced the peerless BBC adaptations of the Le Carre novels must be turning in their graves.

Errr, spoiler alert.
    Oh sorry. Never occurred to me that anyone was still planning to watch it. But the bumping off happened in the first episode. The series is all about why. Or at least, it was supposed to be.

I nervously ventured over to the Guardian comment section below the review and was mightily relieved to find it wasn't just me. Loads of people slaughtering it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015

Errr, spoiler alert.
    Oh sorry. Never occurred to me that anyone was still planning to watch it. But the bumping off happened in the first episode. The series is all about why. Or at least, it was supposed to be.

I nervously ventured over to the Guardian comment section below the review and was mightily relieved to find it wasn't just me. Loads of people slaughtering it.

In that case I might give it a miss. Struggling to find time to keep up with The Bridge as it is and I'm weeks behind on The Last Kingdom, not to mention about 30 other shows I've been meaning to watch!

Speaking of the Bridge, how are people finding it? I'm very much enjoying it, but definitely feel like its standards have dipped a bit from Series 2 (which was sensational tbf). I'm struggling a bit with the meddling in Saga's private life that is going on, but outside of that it is very good. Although her new sidekick's beard is ridiculous.
  • Options

Errr, spoiler alert.

In that case I might give it a miss. Struggling to find time to keep up with The Bridge as it is and I'm weeks behind on The Last Kingdom, not to mention about 30 other shows I've been meaning to watch!

Speaking of the Bridge, how are people finding it? I'm very much enjoying it, but definitely feel like its standards have dipped a bit from Series 2 (which was sensational tbf). I'm struggling a bit with the meddling in Saga's private life that is going on, but outside of that it is very good. Although her new sidekick's beard is ridiculous.
    Well, I must say that I am loving the Bridge as much as ever, but maybe it has got to the point where it can just do no wrong in my eyes. Saga's private life is unsettling to watch because she is an unsettling personality.My wife can't watch her. It seems to me that all the Danish series fearlessly take on issues and emotions that we Brits might not wish to confront in our mainstream TV drama. I'm finding it difficult to keep up with all the different characters but trust the Bridge to bring them all together in the end (unlike the execrable tosh we've been discussing above). I really think the actress who plays Saga is delivering one of the greatest sustained small screen performances I've ever seen, and we are probably not enjoying it fully because I bet the way she delivers her lines in Swedish is part of the enjoyment of an extraordinary portrayal. Somewhere there's a video of Sophia Helin talking about how she delivers all this, but I lost the link. I'll be bereft when it ends.

• Options
    Any news on the new series of the fantastic Line of Duty?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Any news on the new series of the fantastic Line of Duty?

Love Line of Duty. Strange it hasn't been back yet as I looked online and it said that shooting started quite early in the year.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Watched this and felt more than a bit underwhelmed at the end. One thing I did notice was global warming must have advanced as it was mid summer during Christmas.
  • Options
    Luther returns on Tuesday as we get turned over by Bolton
  • Options
    Not series but two excellent documentaries on the BBC iPlayer are the build up to Tim Peake's launch into space and also Professor Green's struggle with his fathers suicide.

The last is not an easy watch but it's definitely worth a watch. Know who he is, never knowingly heard one of his songs but have huge respect for the man for raising awareness of suicide.

The scariest fact of all comes quite early in the programme. Suicide is the biggest cause of death in all males under the age of 45 in the UK.
  • Options
    Just started watching Wayward Pines on Catch up TV. I'm enjoying it.
  • Options
    Finally started the latest series of Peep Show last night. Only one episode in and thought it was a little but slow getting going but after about 10 mins it hit its stride and was as good as it's always been. A strong contender for my favourite ever comedy show.
  • Options
    In the end I’d give Fargo Season 2 a 9/10. It was excellent and I’ll definitely re-watch it but the ending wasn’t quite good enough to be amongst the best seasons of TV I’ve seen (cough, Wire).

I watched the new Luther last night. It is fun and I like Idris Elba but all of the villains are REALLY cartoony and the whole ‘edgy cop who flouts the rules but gets results’ thing has been done before.