Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

Series 2 of the Detectorists on BBC4. Series one was one of the best things I watched last year.

Just watched the first series on iplayer, really enjoyed it.
  • Options

Fargo is just brilliant. Better than the first series (and that takes some doing). Bokeem Woodbine is fantastic in it - although all the cast are superb, and the direction, storyline and script are wonderful.

For me it's not quite as good (yet) but I'm really enjoying it, and I like that it's gone more Miller's Crossing.

And yes, Mike Milligan is a great character. Episode 5 ups the ante a bit, I'm going to be gutted when it's over.
  • Options
    Anybody seen the TV series of the Evil Dead. The first episode was one of the most enjoyable things I've seen in yonks.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Fargo is great, River is really good, Unforgotten ain't bad, Returned 2 is a disappointing mess and From Darkness was surprisingly tosh.
  • Options
    Have given up on Homeland. I know it's early in the series but I've been finding it so boring and don't really care about any of the characters now.
  • Options
    Fargo is different gravy, love it.
  • Options
    River been excellent BBC
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:

River been excellent BBC

Agreed. Unforgotten on ITV is good too. Just started catching up with Arne Dahl on iplayer, not quite as dark as the first "series" but still enjoyable.
  • Options

jdsd42 said:

River been excellent BBC

Agreed. Unforgotten on ITV is good too. Just started catching up with Arne Dahl on iplayer, not quite as dark as the first "series" but still enjoyable.
    Really enjoyed this one.....
  • Options
    I join the Fargo 2 'fan club' .. much better that the rather silly first series
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    on the verge of giving up on Homeland, not bad but feels a bit pointless
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:

River been excellent BBC

Been watching it but not really been impressed with it.

The whole ghost thing is crap - why does he not just ask her what happened ?
  • Options
    Must say I really enjoyed Arne Dahl last weekend, whereas I thought the first series was pretty mediocre by the high standards set for Scandi series. Then they keep running trailers for the return of The Bridge. Anybody know the start date yet?
  • Options
    21November PA
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

jdsd42 said:

River been excellent BBC

I thought it was just me! Don't get the hype personally
  • Options
    Peep Show tonight - can't wait!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Keep the thread on topic please, kids read this forum!!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

jdsd42 said:

River been excellent BBC

It's not a documentary.

People with no imagination shouldn't be allowed to go near fiction. :wink:
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Stig said:

Keep the thread on topic please, kids read this forum!!!
    Are you AFKA in disguise!

• Options

Anybody seen the TV series of the Evil Dead. The first episode was one of the most enjoyable things I've seen in yonks.

Got it saved on my list, will give it a few eps before I binge watch. I've heard good things though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched the first episode of The man in the high castle.
    An Amazon made series set in the U.S but if the Nazi's and Japanese had won the second world war.
    Very promising.

https://youtu.be/zzayf9GpXCI

• Options
    final episode of Unforgotten was rubbish, unfortunately they seem to have remembered they were ITV!
  • Options
    not especially new but the BBC at its brilliant best .. catch up on iPlayer .. 'Planet oil'
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    MrOneLung said:

jdsd42 said:

River been excellent BBC

He has hallucanations, he doesn't see ghosts. He was being followed by a guy who was alive, albeit in a coma, in episode three or four.
  • Options
    Detectorists is an absolute gem of a programme.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

jdsd42 said:

River been excellent BBC

He has hallucanations, he doesn't see ghosts. He was being followed by a guy who was alive, albeit in a coma, in episode three or four.
    He called them manifests.

Still think writer thought need a quirk, he needs a quirk. I know, dead people.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Fargo is just brilliant. Better than the first series (and that takes some doing). Bokeem Woodbine is fantastic in it - although all the cast are superb, and the direction, storyline and script are wonderful.

For me it's not quite as good (yet) but I'm really enjoying it, and I like that it's gone more Miller's Crossing.

And yes, Mike Milligan is a great character. Episode 5 ups the ante a bit, I'm going to be gutted when it's over.
    You might be right on that. Maybe I need to re-watch the first series. I loved that so much, might just be the immediacy and novelty of having a second series that is great that makes me think it's 'better'. I think I'm pissed off that they killed off Joe Bulo - Brad Garrett was brilliant, and I was looking forward to seeing how it all played out between him and Mike Milligan.

It's brilliant nonetheless
  • Options

Watched the first episode of The man in the high castle.
    An Amazon made series set in the U.S but if the Nazi's and Japanese had won the second world war.
    Very promising.

https://youtu.be/zzayf9GpXCI

I've read the book .. series/movies made from P K Dick stories are usually MUCH better than the original written material
  • Options
    Not new at at but ive just watched the original House of Cards, its only 3 episodes but they are great.
  • Options

You might be right on that. Maybe I need to re-watch the first series. I loved that so much, might just be the immediacy and novelty of having a second series that is great that makes me think it's 'better'. I think I'm pissed off that they killed off Joe Bulo - Brad Garrett was brilliant, and I was looking forward to seeing how it all played out between him and Mike Milligan.

It's brilliant nonetheless

At the moment it's close for me, they're both great but for different reasons. The latest episode is built around tension, it's a far cry from Season 1 and Lester but both have their merits. However, given the last 2 episodes (I've just watched 6), this season is building up to something huge - that will tip the scales in favour of Season 2 for me.