Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Keep reading about the sound issues, but we have found it fine.
  • Options
    Just caught up on the Night Manager, very strong first couple of episodes.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Keep reading about the sound issues, but we have found it fine.

Pardon ?

• Options
    Finally got around to watching the 1st episode of Vinyl. It didn't grab my attention so I don't think I'll be bothering to watch any more
  • Options
    New series of Raised by Wolves starts Wednesday. Excellent!!!
  • Options
    Just watched the first two episodes of Limitless. It's complete tosh .
  • Options
    First two episodes of the new Better Call Saul have been excellent.
  • Options
    Just caught up on The Night Manager. Really good opening 2 episodes. Think this is going to be a cracking series
  • Options

Hmm, Got this recorded.

Watching Lucky Man at minute. Fairly lightweight unbelievable easy viewing with James Nesbitt.

Night Manager is good.
  • Options

First two episodes of the new Better Call Saul have been excellent.

Squat Cobbler scene in the 2nd was genius
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught up with the Shannara Chronicles tonight adapted from the Terry Brooks novels which are really enjoyable will watch the next episode but my initial thoughts are oh dear.
  • Options
    Night manager is really good
  • Options

Agree on The Night Manager, Hugh Lawrie's got it spot on. Been watching Happy Valley and have had the sound bar on warp drive so I can hear the dialogue, why do actors mumble so much?

It's not the actors, it's the sound engineers. The same reason you get programmes now where one minute you have to crank the volume up to 70 during dialogue, then when there's a battle scene or a scene with loud music, you are deafened. Once upon a time just about all sound engineers in the UK were BBC trained, it was a proper apprenticeship, you didn't leave there without full training. (insert Savile joke here) Now they are trained in colleges and universities, as the BBC simply cannot afford to train them.
  • Options

Caught up with Shetland last night. Episodes 2,3 &4 in one sitting (they've dropped episode 1 off I player - sensible huh! F@@k me I just said huh). Enjoyed it a lot.

Agree very enjoyable - have watched previous series. Anything with Dougie Henshall is worth watching Also enjoy picking out some old familiar faces from Taggart in cast!
    Very good series, unpredictable.
  • Options
    Caught the first episode of Sanctuary last night. Formulaic tosh.
  • Options
    Working through Making a Murderer, but I can't seem to binge on this as I feel drained after each episode. I want to kick the TV through and it's taking me a week to get over the last one.

Really enjoying Vikings and just started Narcos which looks very good too.
  • Options

Working through Making a Murderer, but I can't seem to binge on this as I feel drained after each episode. I want to kick the TV through and it's taking me a week to get over the last one.

Really enjoying Vikings and just started Narcos which looks very good too.

What episode of M.a.M you on?

You're going to get through quite a few teles if it's a low number?
  • Options
    Agree with everyone about The Night Manager...watched the first two episodes last night. Very good performances all round and definitely a bit of menace about Laurie. Looking forward to the rest.
  • Options

I'll give it a go but it's a shame if that's true.

Really wanted it to be good as I enjoyed the film.
  • Options

I'll give it a go but it's a shame if that's true.

Really wanted it to be good as I enjoyed the film.
    I enjoyed it in a "turn the brain off and just be entertained" sort of way. Not all tv needs to be taken seriously...it's ok to veg every now and then! :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Hmm, Got this recorded.

Watching Lucky Man at minute. Fairly lightweight unbelievable easy viewing with James Nesbitt.

Night Manager is good.
    Ignore him, Limitless is great.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    colthe3rd said:

MrOneLung said:

Hmm, Got this recorded.

Night Manager is good.
    If you like dull cop shows like CSI then it's fine.
    All they have done is taken the concept of the film and dulled it down. Zzzzz
  • Options
    I'm liking the Icelandic series Trapped on BBC4. It is set in February so good to watch while the weather is foul. Turn the lights down low and light candles for the Nordic experience.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

MrOneLung said:

Hmm, Got this recorded.

Night Manager is good.
    If you like dull cop shows like CSI then it's fine.
    All they have done it taken the concept of the film and dulled it down. Zzzzz
    Completely disagree. It's funny (and also very cheesy but in a good way), well edited, it's not as formulaic as the usual cop show and there are a lot of nods to random films, TV shows and bands. I've watched 15 episodes so far and it's one of my favourite shows around at the moment. It has pretty good audience ratings as well.
  • Options
    Just finished the first season of Deutschland 83 . I struggled at times but stuck with it . Fantastic soundtrack.
  • Options

Just finished the first season of Deutschland 83 . I struggled at times but stuck with it . Fantastic soundtrack.

Agree with all that Beds. Although re the soundtrack, I read an interview with the proud producers who said of the soundtrack "It was the one time in history when the world was listening to German music". Unfortunately they only found enough for the first 2-3 episodes, then it was Tears for Fears, Duran Duran, Billy Idol...
  • Options
    Just watched the first episode of Jessica Jones. Thought it was excellent, now on to episode 2.
  • Options

Just watched the first episode of Jessica Jones. Thought it was excellent, now on to episode 2.

The second episode kept up the standard.

SPOILER ALERT

Obviously one needs to buy in to the 'superhuman' aspect, but if you're OK with that, this is well cast and well written.
  • Options

I'm liking the Icelandic series Trapped on BBC4. It is set in February so good to watch while the weather is foul. Turn the lights down low and light candles for the Nordic experience.

And stick your head in the freezer every 10 minutes !

We're liking it too, PA .

• Options

The second episode kept up the standard.

SPOILER ALERT

Obviously one needs to buy in to the 'superhuman' aspect, but if you're OK with that, this is well cast and well written.
    JJ was excellent. They are doing a great job with the Defenders shows on Netflix. Daredevil season 2 in just over 3 weeks, can't bloody wait for that.