Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    I've watched the first couple of episodes. Vince Vaughan is better than I expected and I like the feel of the show but the original was better.
  • Options
    Loved the first series. Just watched ep1 of this series, slow burner but hoping it grows.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    It was on a few weeks ago but Stonehouse on BBC2 was good, probably still on iplayer, only two one hour episodes.
  • Options
    Enjoying The Interceptor
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    True Detective 2 is already annoying me. I can't take Vince Vaughn seriously and spend the whole time watching it thinking "series one was better".

I think Wayward Pines had potential but Matt Dillon is hopeless and I gave up after the big "reveal" in episode 5.

Looking forward to season 2 of Fargo which ia due for release in September.
  • Options

Enjoying The Interceptor

Yeah me too but I spend the whole time thinking he looks like Marlon King
  • Options
    Craig David !!!
  • Options
    Carter said:

This one is not hooking me like the first series did. And the sound is awful, the dialogue is so slurred it's going to need subtitles

So far 6/10 lots of room for improvement

I'm struggling with the sound too. Keep finding myself having to turn parts up or I just can't understand the dialogue.

• Options

Carter said:

This one is not hooking me like the first series did. And the sound is awful, the dialogue is so slurred it's going to need subtitles

I'm struggling with the sound too. Keep finding myself having to turn parts up or I just can't understand the dialogue.

Glad it's not just me. And they are not even set in a location that has crazy cajun or deep south accents this time. I'm concentrating bloody hard too it's just kind of mumbled.

• Options
    Carter said:

Carter said:

Glad it's not just me. And they are not even set in a location that has crazy cajun or deep south accents this time. I'm concentrating bloody hard too it's just kind of mumbled.

I have to use subtitles for any American (& some British) shows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was worse last series! so much mumbling. this series is hard, but not as hard. took 4 or 5 eps last series before i could work out that his name was rust!
  • Options

It was worse last series! so much mumbling. this series is hard, but not as hard. took 4 or 5 eps last series before i could work out that his name was rust!

Did you think so? I got to to be honest I thought it was Russ at first, then rusty it wasn't until probably the point you heard that I realised it was rust! I didn't have a problem understanding it though, this one is like trying to understand people who mumble or talk through their hands
  • Options
    Humans is not bad on channel 4
  • Options
    We're giving that a go and sticking with it, it isn't living up to hype just yet though. Not awful and im going to persevere but only because I'm hoping it gets good
  • Options
    So the missus is addicted to orange is the new black. I'm not bothered by that and the nipple count has shot down dramatically since the first episode.

We've been watching the affair on Sky Atlantic but I've lost interest in that. Strikeback is brilliant fun and proper brain dead enjoyable escapism. Banshee I think is brilliant for similar reasons. She hates it.

Got sons of anarchy ready to get stuck into but that is a lot of hour long episodes and may have to wait until winter.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Just caught Suntrap for the first time and gutted it was last episode. Cracked up at the Ivana, Ivana can of petrol gag in East European accent.
  • Options
    been watching:

black work
    Jockstrap (Danish with subtitles)
    Corden ( Belgium with subtitles)
  • Options

been watching:

black work

I heard that Danish one was pants...
  • Options

been watching:

black work

What channels?
  • Options

Enjoying The Interceptor

I watched one of these this week. Hadn't seen it before. Like you I enjoyed it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught up with Stonemouth this week, most enjoyable.
  • Options

Enjoying The Interceptor

I'm watching The Interceptor, because I like all cops & robbers programmes.

But I think the scripts are poor/average. Their office set is poor/average and the acting is poor/average.
    The boss especially, is totally unconvincing. Poor/average all round imo.
  • Options

Enjoying The Interceptor

I'm watching The Interceptor, because I like all cops & robbers programmes.

But I think the scripts are poor/average. Their office set is poor/average and the acting is poor/average.
    The boss especially, is totally unconvincing. Poor/average all round imo.
    Why don't you just say what you mean, CE !

:smile:

• Options

been watching:

black work

Black Work is very good.
  • Options
    This is probably not the place for discussions about American TV series but has anyone watched the ABC production 'How to Get Away with Murder'? Not particularly new though. I just finished it last week and thought it was very entertaining. A little bit like 'Damages' in terms of the flash-back style but much more light-hearted. Viola Davis is one of the best actresses out there.
  • Options

This is probably not the place for discussions about American TV series but has anyone watched the ABC production 'How to Get Away with Murder'? Not particularly new though. I just finished it last week and thought it was very entertaining. A little bit like 'Damages' in terms of the flash-back style but much more light-hearted. Viola Davis is one of the best actresses out there.

I tried to watch "How to get away with murder" but i found it bloody annoying. Full of beautiful looking people who all have brains of rocket scientists. Totally ridiculous. I lasted two episodes.
  • Options

I tried to watch "How to get away with murder" but i found it bloody annoying. Full of beautiful looking people who all have brains of rocket scientists. Totally ridiculous. I lasted two episodes.
    Lol... Actually I don't think they're all super good-looking. Some plots were not very believable indeed especially the individual cases in each episode. But I enjoyed the series as a whole. To each his own I guess. :wink:
  • Options

been watching:

black work

Black Work is very good.
    I think it's a bit run-of-the-mill myself. Only really watching for Smith.

Enjoying Humans a lot more.
  • Options

Just caught up with the first two episodes of the new Belgium series "Cordon" which started on BBC4 on Saturday. Absolutely excellent, for all you Foreign TV buffs. Recommended.

Moi, aussi, or should I say ik ook as it's in Flemish?
  • Options

Humans is not bad on channel 4

Agreed. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's good, except why build robots with working genitalia?