Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Longmire looks interesting to me, I keep Sky plussing it and my flatmate keeps bloody overriding the recording. No idea if i'm actually missing out or if its not that good.
  • Options
    Current series of Homeland is best thing on TV at the moment......by a long way.
  • Options
    Bashed through s1 of The Leftovers in two nights. Can't say I 'enjoyed' it, as it's got to be the most depressing thing I think I've ever seen on TV. Still good viewing though. I don't think what happened will ever be explained - it doesn't seem like that's the point of the show. Seems to me like it's more to do with how whatever it was that happened f***s up the people left behind
  • Options

Bashed through s1 of The Leftovers in two nights. Can't say I 'enjoyed' it, as it's got to be the most depressing thing I think I've ever seen on TV. Still good viewing though. I don't think what happened will ever be explained - it doesn't seem like that's the point of the show. Seems to me like it's more to do with how whatever it was that happened f***s up the people left behind

Is it something to do with 9/11? 3000 people disappearing in one day..........how individuals/the community deal with the aftermath....the insanity of religion....man's propensity to adopt religion to help explain what they don't understand......how rituals and mass hysteria become a comfort to man.....a date becomes significant......a newly born child...........a new messiah.......a new religion/sect.....another 2000 years of mass murder!
  • Options
    Thanks for reminding me about this. I watched the first 3 (I think), sort of enjoyed it at the very least in got me intrigued. Will have to get back into it.
  • Options
    Quite liking "Remember me" a good ghost story is always welcome. I am finding it a bit confusing but Mark Addy is excellent in it.
  • Options

Is it something to do with 9/11? 3000 people disappearing in one day..........how individuals/the community deal with the aftermath....the insanity of religion....man's propensity to adopt religion to help explain what they don't understand......how rituals and mass hysteria become a comfort to man.....a date becomes significant......a newly born child...........a new messiah.......a new religion/sect.....another 2000 years of mass murder!
    Err, no.

• Options
    Gotham. I'm an unashamed geek so I was always going to give this a go. The acting is generally competent or better with Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, David Mazouz, Sean Pertwee and Robin Taylor all very good.
  • Options

Not sure if it's been mentioned but The Knick with Clive Owen is awesome & starts on Sky Atlantic soon. You can download though if you don't wNt to wait

Watched 6 episodes of this so far, I agree it's excellent. Really interesting seeing the techniques used to treat/operate back in 1900 and how primitive they now seem. Can't believe the first x-rays took an hour.
  • Options
    Finished off Sons of Anarchy tonight. Think they ended it as well as they could have really. Top show overall (apart from that Belfast season).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finished season two of House of Cards last night. Loving it.
  • Options
    House of Cards is brilliant. When is season 3 out?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Loved house of cards too. In fact i love most political TV shows. West Wing and Veep are also great shows and who doesn't like The Thick of it.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    colthe3rd said:

House of Cards is brilliant. When is season 3 out?

end of february! Me and the missus are planning a marathon weekend to get through it all.
  • Options
    Just finished watching twin peaks, forgot how good it was. First episode of broad church was surprisingly good, I didn't realise it was going to be a continuation of s1, thought it was going to be an entirely new case.
  • Options

Peter Kay's - Car Share

Starts on Wednesday BBC1 9.30 but all six episodes are available on Demand on Sky .

I've watched the first three and they are Hilarious.
  • Options

Peter Kay's - Car Share

Starts on Wednesday BBC1 9.30 but all six episodes are available on Demand on Sky .

I really like Peter Kay but I watched the first one of these and though it was absolute garbage. Didn't even raise a titter. I'll watch another and see if I feel differently.
  • Options

Peter Kay's - Car Share

Seemed like a comedy drama centering on a love story rather than an out and out comedy. The first episode grew on me once my mind accepted that it wasn't intended to be another Phoenix Nights.

• Options
    Just watched the first series of Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Well worth a watch
  • Options
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix isn't bad if you fancy a quick shot of daft comedy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Peter Kay's - Car Share

I really like Peter Kay but I watched the first one of these and though it was absolute garbage. Didn't even raise a titter. I'll watch another and see if I feel differently.
    Thought it was great. It's not meant to be laugh a minute stuff I don't think. Very bittersweet and cleverly written. The first episode is slow but stick with it after that, some great moments.

The music selection is quality and little subtle things like the shop name signs are class (B&S Carolgees).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I hadn't heard it for ages. Excellent song. Loved it back in the day. (Not Sad Cafe, but the song).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LNOhZI72AY
  • Options
    Just watched the 1st series of Daredevil and thought it was very good. Lots of fighting matched with great characters. Plus very well filmed.
    Thought Gotham was pretty poor, especially in comparison.
  • Options
    Currently watching the affair with Domonic West , pretty good so far
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Just watched the 1st series of Daredevil and thought it was very good. Lots of fighting matched with great characters. Plus very well filmed.
    Thought Gotham was pretty poor, especially in comparison.

I'm about halfway through and enjoying it far more than I expected to. I haven't really bought into all this superhero stuff recently (especially dislike Avengers), but Daredevil is excellent. The characters feel a lot more real and the fights are stunning. Bringing comic book characters to TV rather than film seems to make more sense to me,
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Peter Kay's - Car Share

Thought it was great. It's not meant to be laugh a minute stuff I don't think. Very bittersweet and cleverly written. The first episode is slow but stick with it after that, some great moments.

The music selection is quality and little subtle things like the shop name signs are class (B&S Carolgees).
    red_murph said:

Peter Kay's - Car Share

Just watched it on catch up, thought it was funny & well written. I agree about the shop signs & laughed at the waxing salon one that said Brazilians while you wait.
  • Options
    I KNOW this isn't for everyone, but the current series of "Girls" has been excellent!
  • Options
    Thought the game on bbc2 last night started promisingly
  • Options

Thought the game on bbc2 last night started promisingly

Forgot all about that, thanks for the reminder. I'll get downloading on iPlayer.
  • Options
    Does anyone here watch the animated comedy Archer? What a great show - highly original, witty, silly, and some really unique running jokes.

It's on Netflix if an adult cartoon about an alcoholic, womanising spy with a Burt Reynolds obsession sounds your thing.