Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

Thought the game on bbc2 last night started promisingly

Enjoyed it. Well worth a watch.
  • Options
    It's over now, I really enjoyed Barnished on BBC2, looking forward to a second series.
  • Options
    A one-off drama rather than a series, but just finished watching The C Word (recorded last night). Sheridan Smith absolutely mesmerising as cancer victim Lisa Lynch, with a very good supporting cast. She is fast becoming my favourite British actress - as well as being a complete darling. Terribly sad story, all the more for being based on true events and real people.
  • Options
    No offence starts tomorrow on Channel 4 at 9PM

Starring Will Mellor, its supposed to be a drama but the clips channel 4 have shown recently makes it look more like a comedy
  • Options

Starring Will Mellor, its supposed to be a drama but the clips channel 4 have shown recently makes it look more like a comedy

Paul! You sexist! It stars Joanna Scanlan - Will Mellor is one of the main supporting cast. :wink:

Just caught up with the first two episodes of Safe House. Apart from a glaring hole in the plot in one episode, and it being a touch slow at times, it's well acted, especially by the ever reliable Chris Eccleston and Peep Show's Paterson Joseph.
  • Options

It's been described as shameless meets the bill.
  • Options

It's been described as shameless meets the bill.
    A friend of mine has been working on it, directing and mentoring the young actors with Downs Syndrome. Many of the parents were quite worried about how they would cope with such heavy and violent themes to the drama. But they took it all in their stride like any other professional actors.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Davo55 said:

A one-off drama rather than a series, but just finished watching The C Word (recorded last night). Sheridan Smith absolutely mesmerising as cancer victim Lisa Lynch, with a very good supporting cast. She is fast becoming my favourite British actress - as well as being a complete darling. Terribly sad story, all the more for being based on true events and real people.

I watched it this morning. Sheridan Smith has that ability, that makes me believe the character, from the word go.
    She's possibly the best British actress. I also like Sarah Lancashire.

Anyway, it's totally absorbing, very sad & I have to admit, it had been in tears.

An absolute must watch, if this sort of drama is "your bag".
  • Options

Paul! You sexist! It stars Joanna Scanlan - Will Mellor is one of the main supporting cast. :wink:

Just caught up with the first two episodes of Safe House. Apart from a glaring hole in the plot in one episode, and it being a touch slow at times, it's well acted, especially by the ever reliable Chris Eccleston and Peep Show's Paterson Joseph.
    What plot hole?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

What plot hole?
    SPOILER ALERT>>>

When Eccleston and the father were being followed by the baddie on the way to the safe house. As soon as CE clocked him, a phone call and a few more miles of driving around could have led him straight into a trap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha yeah.

Have found it a bit slow and not watched 3rd episode yet but since when have these things been realistic !!!
  • Options
    And so onto House of cards season 3.

Did read that it started to go down hill a bit this series. Anyone had a look?
  • Options

I saw it. Not as good as the rest but still better than anything else on TV
  • Options

Quite enjoyed that actually and wasn't expecting to.
  • Options
    Anyone started watching The Enfield Haunting? began sunday
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Anyone started watching The Enfield Haunting? began sunday

Yeah, wasn't expecting something as good as this with such a strong cast to be on Sky Living! I really enjoyed it, though scardey Mrs DA will have to watch it again without her hands over her eyes!
  • Options
    No Offence was alright but Murder in Successville was genius
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I gave up half way through season 3. Plot, dialogue and Robin Fox's acting got so bad that even Spacey couldn't hold it together.

• Options
    Jints said:

I gave up half way through season 3. Plot, dialogue and Robin Fox's acting got so bad that even Spacey couldn't hold it together.

Who's Robin Fox?
  • Options
    The First Lady - actually it's Robin Wright isn't it? God knows why I said Fox.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Safe house I bet the man who tried to snatch the little boy is his real dad
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Ha yeah.

Have found it a bit slow and not watched 3rd episode yet but since when have these things been realistic !!!

Of course, not watched three myself yet either.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to the much heralded "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell " which starts on Sunday 17th May.

Nearly bought the book once but kind of glad I didn't as would rather see what BBC makes of it first.

Anyone here read it ?
  • Options

I'm looking forward to the much heralded "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell " which starts on Sunday 17th May.

Nearly bought the book once but kind of glad I didn't as would rather see what BBC makes of it first.

Anyone here read it ?

Yeah, good read, if a little long. Interesting take on magic in a historical Georgian setting. Incorporates folk and fairy tales in a different way to most. Definitely worth picking up/watching if you are looking for something magical non-Potter.
  • Options

Anyone here read it ?

Yeah, good read, if a little long. Interesting take on magic in a historical Georgian setting. Incorporates folk and fairy tales in a different way to most. Definitely worth picking up/watching if you are looking for something magical non-Potter.
    That's my kind of thing, mcgrandall.

Slightly different but we're enjoying the 2nd series of "Penny Dreadful" on Sky Atlantic ....

Gory but pure escapism , and shows Connie Beecham from "Holby" in a new light !

• Options

Anyone here read it ?

A little long is an understatement! It was an interesting premise but I found the biology em get bogged down in describing the minutiae of every setting which got extremely tedious at times.

I'm hoping by virtue that tv adaptations of books have to trim a lot of fat from the source text that the TV version will be a bit more free flowing than the book.
  • Options

Anyone here read it ?

That's my kind of thing, mcgrandall.

Slightly different but we're enjoying the 2nd series of "Penny Dreadful" on Sky Atlantic ....

Gory but pure escapism , and shows Connie Beecham from "Holby" in a new light !

She gets her norahs out then
  • Options
    quite enjoyed No Offence, was very much Shameless meets the Bill but pretty good
  • Options
    anyone else watching silicon valley? It's like the big bang theory, if the big bang theory was actually funny! Love mike judge (beavis and butthead, king of the hill, office space).
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Safe house I bet the man who tried to snatch the little boy is his real dad

Spot on