Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

Danish drama on BBC4 . It's absolutely stunning. The nearest i can compare it to is Band of Brothers.

There have been 4 episodes shown already but they are available on catchup or BBC Iplayer.

https://youtu.be/PK4D7C49vjI
  • Options
    Yes really enjoying it. Anyone watch 1992 just finished on sky arts? Very good about political scandal in Italy at the time.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Saving 1864 up for binge - love a bit of Scandi-Drama,.

Anyone been watching the Game? Only watched the first one so far, but it looks very promising.

Any Mad Men fans on here too? What were people's thoughts on the final episode? Always difficult to end those long series but I thought they did a good job.
  • Options

Anyone been watching the Game? Only watched the first one so far, but it looks very promising.

Any Mad Men fans on here too? What were people's thoughts on the final episode? Always difficult to end those long series but I thought they did a good job.

I watched Madmen . I thought the whole final season went out with a whimper but i did like the final scene with the "i'd like to buy the world a coke " advert.
  • Options

I watched Madmen . I thought the whole final season went out with a whimper but i did like the final scene with the "i'd like to buy the world a coke " advert.
    I know what you're saying, Don's storyline felt a bit contrived just to get him meditating on the cliff top and there were quite a lot of happy endings, but I liked the way they handled Joan making her choose between her career and her man and to be honest, I don't mind a happy ending anyway.

Like I say, it was always going to be a tough one to end as it never really had a clear end point, there was no crime to solve or war to win, it was really just a very slick, high-brow soap opera and as East Enders and Corrie have shown they can basically go on forever.

• Options
    Loved the last two eps of Sons of Anarchy. Silly but a poignant ending.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Does anyone here watch the animated comedy Archer? What a great show - highly original, witty, silly, and some really unique running jokes.

It's on Netflix if an adult cartoon about an alcoholic, womanising spy with a Burt Reynolds obsession sounds your thing.

Laugh-out-loud funny and totally mental.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Does anyone here watch the animated comedy Archer? What a great show - highly original, witty, silly, and some really unique running jokes.

It's on Netflix if an adult cartoon about an alcoholic, womanising spy with a Burt Reynolds obsession sounds your thing.

Laugh-out-loud funny and totally mental.
    One of the rare animated series that is still funny. I think the fact that it's more 'adult' helps it - like Duckman from the 90, being aimed at an older audience means they don't have to be too subtle about the humour and sometimes the belly laughs in it are brilliant
  • Options
    I had the misfortune to watch sunCRAP last night. Probably the worst 'sitcom' in history unless you know better?
  • Options
    LordDofB said:

I had the misfortune to watch sunCRAP last night. Probably the worst 'sitcom' in history unless you know better?

Yes, very poor. How on earth did the Beeb pass it for production? That Woody character was so cringeworthy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    True Detective series 2 starts on Sky Atlantic June 22nd. Going to be difficult to follow up on a stunning first series but the trailer looks tasty.
  • Options
    The Affair on SKY Atlantic is very good.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

True Detective series 2 starts on Sky Atlantic June 22nd. Going to be difficult to follow up on a stunning first series but the trailer looks tasty.

The first one was phenomenal. Totally agree the follow up has got a lot to live up to. Very odd casting for the leads compared to the first series also
  • Options
    edited June 2015

The Affair on SKY Atlantic is very good.

Was going to post about it also. It's pretty weird, tense, dreamy and unnerving. It makes for good television.

It has a bit of that small town Twin Peaks about it.

I believe Ruth Wilson won an award for it and Pacey Witter is good as well!
  • Options
    The Game, BBC2, has been excellent. Last episode this week but available on iplayer. Have also enjoyed the Armada docu-drama currently on the Beeb.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed Stonemouth on BBC2 last night. Some really good acting, I thought. Concludes next week.

I am also enjoying the new series of The Syndicate.
  • Options
    I've never liked Lenny Henry but think he is brilliant in The Syndicate.
  • Options
    Arise Sir Delbert
  • Options

The Game, BBC2, has been excellent. Last episode this week but available on iplayer. Have also enjoyed the Armada docu-drama currently on the Beeb.

our sky box broke and didn't record the first ep of The Game. It only series linked from 2nd ep and then ep 1 wasn't on demand anymore. frustrating. hopefully it'll come back on.

• Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but did anyone see the jinx on Sky Atlantic ? Fantastic and jaw dropping at times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wayward Pines is like Lost, Flashforward, The Prisoner, Fringe, Twin Peaks, Silent Hill and everything else all rolled into one. Enjoying it immensely, despite it being comically derivative
  • Options
    Not Safe to Work. C4. Very funny but will get better as you get to know characters.
  • Options
    Anyone else been watching Man Down on C4? Not seen it mentioned but I have found it one of the funniest new series I have seen for ages (albeit it's on series two now so not technically new anymore).
  • Options

Anyone else been watching Man Down on C4? Not seen it mentioned but I have found it one of the funniest new series I have seen for ages (albeit it's on series two now so not technically new anymore).

Yes. it's hilarious. Probably the funniest thing on TV
  • Options

Yes. it's hilarious. Probably the funniest thing on TV
    Glad I'm not the only one - I laughed for about 10 minutes after the sex scene at the end of the first episode of this series.

• Options
    Just caught up with the first two episodes of the new Belgium series "Cordon" which started on BBC4 on Saturday. Absolutely excellent, for all you Foreign TV buffs. Recommended.
  • Options

Wayward Pines is like Lost, Flashforward, The Prisoner, Fringe, Twin Peaks, Silent Hill and everything else all rolled into one. Enjoying it immensely, despite it being comically derivative

Keep meaning to watch this. Will be adding it to the list.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Keep meaning to watch this. Will be adding it to the list.
    We're enjoying it, col.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I miss Rust but I'm enjoying the new True Detective. It's not as dark or engrossing but it's still damn cool. The makers really know how to pick a song as well.
  • Options
    This one is not hooking me like the first series did. And the sound is awful, the dialogue is so slurred it's going to need subtitles

So far 6/10 lots of room for improvement