Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    The Zoo is a wonderful, gentle feelgood series.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Just dropped my bacon sarnie.....back to the thread......just started Gomorrah and impressed with the first episode.

Gomorrah is good indeed. Not as good as Romanzo Criminale in my opinion but still a good watch for those who can deal with the subtitles.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Just dropped my bacon sarnie.....back to the thread......just started Gomorrah and impressed with the first episode.

Gomorrah is good indeed. Not as good as Romanzo Criminale in my opinion but still a good watch for those who can deal with the subtitles.
    If people can't deal with the subtitles, I'd say Soddom.

• Options

The Zoo is a wonderful, gentle feelgood series.

Don't know if its been mentioned on this thread, but "Nurse Jackie" is similarly a gentle, but entertaining series. The lead character is brilliantly played by Edie Falco, who also played Carmela, Tony Sop's wife.

Also give a shout out for "Scandal"- gripping plot.

And Tim Roth is very good in "Lie to me".
  • Options

1StevieG said:

If people can't deal with the subtitles, I'd say Soddom.

Suede, Thanks for the heads up on RC. And as for you Fanny, don't give up the day job....... ;-)
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

I know, there's just something about her...

There is but I can't quite put my finger on it!
  • Options
    Top of the Lake is worth a look. 6 hour long episodes on netflix.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Has anyone on here watched Fargo? It’s a spinoff from the film and with some input from the Coen brothers. It’s as dark, inane, humourous and as brutal as you’d imagine. I absolutely love the character Malvo.

Bashed all of Fargo out over three days. Fantastic - Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks and Allison Tolman were brilliant, but Billy Bob is out of this world as Malvo. The ultimate badass.
  • Options
    The Driver on BBC was very good. Episode two tonight. The first one is on iplayer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New documentary series "24 hours in police custody" started last night. Thought it was very good indeed.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

New documentary series "24 hours in police custody" started last night. Thought it was very good indeed.

Yeah very interesting.

Been watching Glue and quite enjoying it at the moment.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

How annoying was that copper in it? Looked like Ricky Gervais with severe tooth decay.
  • Options

red_murph said:

How annoying was that copper in it? Looked like Ricky Gervais with severe tooth decay.
    The one who was boring everyone about Vegas?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    red_murph said:

As soon as I saw the title, the words "Channel 4, 9PM" sprung to mind. I prefer my "documentaries" fronted by Andrew Graham Dixon or Lucy Worsley to be honest - LOL.
  • Options

red_murph said:

Do you know what VG I didn't mind him to be honest, although the West Ham mug would have to be smashed. His gnashers were shocking though! Liked the moody desk sergeant too.
  • Options
    Started watching the u.s house of cards on netflix

The word milf was invented for Robin Wright. Absolute belter!

Good series too.
  • Options

Started watching the u.s house of cards on netflix

The word milf was invented for Robin Wright. Absolute belter!

Good series too.

I loved the original, looking forward to seeing the US version, eventually...
  • Options
    Arrow and now the Flash worth a watch
  • Options
    Heard that Utopia has been cancelled. I'm very unhappy about this. Although I'm intrigued to see what Fincher does with the US version.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone tried The Code on BBC 4? Aussie political thriller, watched the first one last night. Showed promise I thought, but also seems very close to a Norwegian series that was on More 4 last winter, forget the name.
  • Options
    Mammon I think. Got The Code recorded.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Mammon I think. Got The Code recorded.

That's the one. Will be interested to hear if you think it might have been an inspiration. Nice to see something decent from Oz though

• Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but The Knick with Clive Owen is awesome & starts on Sky Atlantic soon. You can download though if you don't wNt to wait
  • Options
    Homeland series 4 - seen 3 episodes now and is very good. Walking dead series 5 brilliant 1st episode. Blacklist series 2
  • Options
    Has anybody watched 'New Girl' Cant be bothered to scroll through al the pages in the thread.

If you haven't seen it, I think its pretty decent.

American Comedy based on 3 blokes and a New Girl Flatmate.

Bit like a late night friends.

Never going to Critcally acclaimed but a very easy watching 20min episode, and four seasons worth.
  • Options
    Still finding The Leftovers interesting still can't make out where its all heading
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of 'Gotham' last night. Was all a bit 'Channel 5' if that makes sense. I don't think its gonna be the kind of series to keep you thinking, character introduction was a bit rushed, think they introduced about 6 future bad guys in the 50 minutes it was on for. Will keep watching as there not much else on TV on a monday night.
  • Options
    I've watched the first 3 of Gotham. To say it is shit would be being kind.
  • Options
    Gave up on The Leftovers, just couldn't get into it. Got The Knick sky plussed, decided to save Homeland for a bit as it looks as though Netflix will have it for a while, so started The Good Wife and really enjoying it so far.