Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Watched London Irish last night, new series on channel4, funny in bits. Never heard the C word such much in such a short space of time since me on Saturday.
  • Options
    Nug said:

New series on netflix called "Orange is the new black" about a middle class woman who goes into a federal prison. Was quite good will give a few more episodes a look.

Watched the last episode of this last night. Thought it was excellent and improved all the way through.

• Options
    Watched The Tomorrow People last night.
    Very different to the old 70's version I grew up with, but still very enjoyable.
  • Options
    No one mentioned The 7.49 which was a 2 parter on this week. enjoyed it as Sheridan Smith is a cracker imo.
  • Options

No one mentioned The 7.49 which was a 2 parter on this week. enjoyed it as Sheridan Smith is a cracker imo.

Surprised you didn't miss that one, Bolloxbolder as it was due in at 7.39 !!

:-)

• Options
    Oh, sorry about that, it was a mistype. Did you enjoy it though? Our tastes are usually compatible.
  • Options
    New US series being piloted on Saturday night at 9pm on C4 called "Hostages".

Adverts states "If you like "Homeland" , then you might just love this".

Says it's about a top thoracic surgeon( Toni Collette) due to perform routine surgery on the US President when armed gunmen take her family hostage & give her a stark ultimatum...The shocking identity of the gunmen raises the stakes even higher.

Oooer ! Any ideas who that might be folks ?

Surely not Glenn Hoddle !

:-)

• Options
    Cory Gibbs?
  • Options
    Did anyone watch Mob City, on FOX?
    Was it any good?
  • Options
    Not new but been watching 'The Tudors' on Netflix. Absolutely quality.

The girl that plays Anne Boleyn is such a sort as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit of a heads up really, but Series 1 of The Blacklist returned last night on Sky Living. Did not see this publicised in the papers/mags etc and only just caught t when flicking through the channels.

Excellent programme, good acting and last nights one was the best so far imo. If you did miss it you can see the repeat at 10pm tonight.
  • Options
    The Blacklist has been really good, but feel the unnecessary gaps between the episodes have let it down a bit.

Luckily, the overarching story isn't a big factor and most episodes are pretty much standalone.
  • Options
    Kind of want to give The Blacklist a go, but so pissed off with how shit The Following was I haven't bothered.
  • Options
    Blacklist is a bit meh. Still watching though.
  • Options
    just caught up on boardwalk empire. Fantastic, gutted about one of my favourite characters on that show though.

• Options
    Thought the first episode of The Smoke was pretty good. Have enjoyed The Blacklist so far. Agree about the gap in episodes, but that seems to be happening with a few of the American series on Living/Atlantic. Will catch the new episode later in the weekend.
  • Options
    Watched 1st two episodes of the smoke on Thursday. Thought was ok but a bit predictable
  • Options
    Blew the Smoke out:) Too much like London's Burning and got bored with that over time as went on too long.
  • Options
    Anybody watching True Detective? I'm up to episode 4. It's been slow to get going, although I could tell it had potential so kept watching, but the shenanigans with the biker gang and the housing project were epic! Matthew McConaughey seems to be one of those actors whose filmography is not a fair portrayal of his acting talent. He should have done more of this sort of thing and less middle of the road rom-coms.
  • Options
    Just seen episode 7, one to go. Been terrific all the way through, especially 7.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're liking it too, EA
  • Options
    Just finished watching Orange is the new black, loved it. Any other comedy dramas anyone can recommend on netflix?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Just finished watching Orange is the new black, loved it. Any other comedy dramas anyone can recommend on netflix?

If you liked OITNB try a program called Weeds. Not similar in terms of storyline but same producer, humour, etc. Very easy to watch.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    OITNB is brilliant. Never ever ever thought I'd like it but I've recommended it to my mates and they've all raved about it too.

First series of American Horror Story I thought was good. Can't get into Season 2 for some reason though, might have to give it time.

Think Blacklist is ok but I'm not usually really a huge fan of those shows where it feels like each new episode is it's own story which is just an episode long. Almost like the CSI/Numb3rs or something like that with a case per episode.

Loved loved loved The Killing. For me Season 1 of the killing was amazing. I think the critics said S2 was the best but I could not stop watching season 1. The last season (3) is on Netflix now. I went through in just a few days, wanted to see how they tied it all up.

Onto Season 3 of Scandal which I like. Have a soft spot for Kerry Washington which helps.

Also I've still really enjoyed the latest season of The Walking Dead, new one is due to come out soonish (2014) I think?

PS - I do have a life, just being a student and Netflix go together very well. That's all over now though.
  • Options
    Silicon Valley is good and the first episode of The Strain was promising this week.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The Driver tonight looks promising
  • Options
    Cheers will do a bit of research on a few of these. Have seen the Killing and the Blacklist which started off well but faded. Not so into the political ones, can't be arsed having to think too hard about what the hell's going on :p

Couple on tonight I'll be having a look at, as bolloxbolder says the Driver and Secrets and Lies on 5 (which usually means it'll be shit).
  • Options
    Gotham starts on C5 soon, looks decent. Made by the same people that made 'Rome', which was quality.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Gotham starts on C5 soon, looks decent. Made by the same people that made 'Rome', which was quality.

I don't quite get the concept of Gotham. isn't it about Gotham City before Batman arrives ? Seems a strange idea.
  • Options
    Ray Donovan heating up nicely