Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:

Oh yeah. I recently went back and watched Freaks and Geeks. What a show that was.

A tv show with James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segal. What a cast!

Anyone else noticing itv are backing a lot more tv shows like comedies and dramas? Really good news.
  • Options
    The Following is dragging on a bit for me
  • Options
    Yeah - I've sacked the Following off. After the initial forst few episodes, it's turned into 24 with Kevin Bacon. Pureofy isn't menacing, he's just a tool. The only interesting character in it is the girl - but her part has been butchered.
  • Options
    Cheers CAFC polo and DA9. The new DVD appears to show only 8 episodes in series 5 so Netflix may have it all. DA9, if you watch all 8 let me know if that is the complete series please and if is I will then take out my subscription. Cheers
  • Options

Chunes said:

Oh yeah. I recently went back and watched Freaks and Geeks. What a show that was.

A tv show with James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segal. What a cast!

Anyone else noticing itv are backing a lot more tv shows like comedies and dramas? Really good news.
    Yes I agree KA, good to see it.
  • Options
    If anyone's looking for something funny, track down Archer. Animated spy spoof. It's aimed purely at adults, rather than mainly at kids with a bit of adult humour thrown in. It is side-splittingly funny.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Where did you find it? Love to watch that again but not realeased on DVD as far as I know

• Options

Just finishing series 4 of Breaking Bad. I see series 5 is listed on Netflix, even though DVD is not released until June. Does this mean it is available to view on there now?

If anyone subscribing to Netflix knows would be grateful to hear as would then do my free month subscription. Cheers

Yep, the first half of the season is on Netflix

• Options
    Defiance begins tonight on SyFy tonight 9.00 pm. Hearing good things from the States about this one.
  • Options

Cheers CAFC polo and DA9. The new DVD appears to show only 8 episodes in series 5 so Netflix may have it all. DA9, if you watch all 8 let me know if that is the complete series please and if is I will then take out my subscription. Cheers

No problem
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's not. They split season 5 into two (like the Sopranos did with their last series). The second part hasn't been released anywhere yet. It's airing in the States in July. Don't know how long after that it will take to get to DVD/Netflix
  • Options
    Ok thanks Jints
  • Options
    Anyone see "Brushing up on..." with Danny Baker on BBC4 last night? Very good.
  • Options

David Bellamy in his pants was a bit worrying, good stuff though.

• Options
    DA9 said:

David Bellamy in his pants was a bit worrying, good stuff though.

Ha ha, you are right mate, they might have warned us...

• Options
    I have just watched the first two episodes of the BBC2 drama "The Fall ". With Gillian Andersen and i am amazed how good it is. It's a four parter ( the last episode is this Monday) but the series is available on Catch Up.
    It's about a serial killer in Northern Ireland but what makes this different is you know who the killer is from the first five minutes of episode one. It's utterly compelling.

http://youtu.be/tP5Tl04gv3g
  • Options
    Tempted to start watching a new show but can't decide which: The Wire, Breaking Bad or Sopranos?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Tempted to start watching a new show but can't decide which: The Wire, Breaking Bad or Sopranos?

The are all fantastic. The Sopranos is the best though. Other good series are The West Wing , Sons of anarchy and The Killing.
  • Options
    Check out Hannibal, quite graphic in parts so be warned.
  • Options

Breaking Bad is probably the easiest to get into, and it's brilliant, but the other two are the two greatest TV series ever. Start with the Sopranos, imo the best (just).

• Sponsored links:

• Options

what makes this different is you know who the killer is from the first five minutes of episode one. It's utterly compelling.

Ever seen Columbo? :-)

I have been recording this series to watch when we have more time.
  • Options
    The Fall is a 5 parter
  • Options
    Right, just seen the new Game of Thrones. Holy ******* ******* ************ ********* ****** ****.

This season has been a bit slower than the last 2 but that was just ridiculous.

Think it has overtaken Breaking Bad with that episode.
  • Options
    Halfway though series 5 of Sopranos, excellent stuff, but The Wire beats it for me.
  • Options
    Just finished Breaking Bad 4. What a brilliant TV show. Will be on the lookout for the first half of season 5 on DVD and I believe the second half is being shown soon in the US.
  • Options
    Been watching banshee very good loads of action and shagging the omish girl... Jesus.... Watched the new itv us thing americans sat night very good also.
  • Options

Been watching banshee very good loads of action and shagging the omish girl... Jesus.... Watched the new itv us thing americans sat night very good also.

We watched The Americans too. Looks like being a decent series.

• Options
    Enjoyed the Americans. Strange really as suspect that the audience (like me) don't want them to get caught.

Currently watching on virgin on demand the 4 series of Coupling. Hilarious not sure how I missed it first time around, although probably because it was a BBC4 production.
  • Options
    Let that be a lesson to you BB - never judge a book by it's cover. Probably watch more stuff on BBC4 than any other channel in this house. :-)
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Just finished Breaking Bad 4. What a brilliant TV show. Will be on the lookout for the first half of season 5 on DVD and I believe the second half is being shown soon in the US.

The whole of Breaking Bad (from series 1 to episode 8 of series 5) is on Netflix, and you can get a month's free trial when you sign up!