Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

DA9 said:

Thought Ripper Street was excellent this week, next weeks finale looks promising.

Found out today, via IMDB that its filmed in Dublin

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

DA9 said:

Thought Ripper Street was excellent this week, next weeks finale looks promising.

This has been excellent from episode one. Great acting, great writing and very well filmed/directed. One of the many things that make the BBC worth the licence fee.
    Actually felt their pain when the young copper was killed (sorry for the spoiler) great acting and emotion.

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

DA9 said:

This has been excellent from episode one. Great acting, great writing and very well filmed/directed. One of the many things that make the BBC worth the licence fee.
    Really enjoyed the first 2 or 3 but since then I think the stories have gotten a lot weaker. Shame as I thought it had great potential.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

JWADDICK said:

DA9 said:

Really enjoyed the first 2 or 3 but since then I think the stories have gotten a lot weaker. Shame as I thought it had great potential.
    As DA9 says this weeks is top notch give it another go on iplayer.
  • Options
    Hmm possibly, finding it difficult to keep up with everything at the moment. If I find it was a waste of time I will come looking for you!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Hmm possibly, finding it difficult to keep up with everything at the moment. If I find it was a waste of time I will come looking for you!

I'm not hard to find pal, just look for that very tall short bloke, bald with long blond hair and the dark blue eyes that flash brown when angry. I'll be waiting under the clock with a mimosa in my lapel and will be the one without a jacket ;)

• Options
    Watched all the episodes of 'The Following' thus far. Enjoying it - even though it's already descended into pretty much the same formula every week. Although I can't help feeling slightly wrong for wanting the bird with the short hair to get away with everything she does simply because she is ubercute. Plus Bacon's a bit of a plum in it as well.
  • Options

Watched all the episodes of 'The Following' thus far. Enjoying it - even though it's already descended into pretty much the same formula every week. Although I can't help feeling slightly wrong for wanting the bird with the short hair to get away with everything she does simply because she is ubercute. Plus Bacon's a bit of a plum in it as well.

I think the short haired girl deserves a slow and painful death.

My biggest criticism is that it is basically 24 with Bacon rather than Sutherland.
  • Options

My biggest criticism is that it is basically 24 with Bacon rather than Sutherland.
    On reflection, I guess that this might, actually, be the idea!
  • Options
    Been watching the following since the start. Some shoddy acting and a pretty poor and contradictive storyline.
    I think I may throw in the towell now before it subsides into complete farce.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched the first episode of The Following, it was pretty awful apart from James Purefoy. Been watching House Of Cards on netflix, highly recommended.
  • Options
    Have really been enjoying The Following so far.
  • Options
    Valorie Curry is absolutely fucking adorable. That scene where she guts her mother is brilliant (helped, admittedly, by having the Deftones playing in the background). Want her to get away with it so bad. Guess that makes me a bit of a wrong'un...
  • Options

Been watching the following since the start. Some shoddy acting and a pretty poor and contradictive storyline.
    I think I may throw in the towell now before it subsides into complete farce.

I'm with you. It's a huge disappointment and during the last couple of episodes I've wondered if I'll quit before the end. They've used 24 as a template instead of Dexter. The acting is abysmal, the plot twists feel like they're coming at random and not part of a bigger plan for the story, and it's got no style whatsoever. And Kevin Bacon... when you find out he lost millions in the Madoff scandal, his relentless appearances on TV make a lot more sense!
  • Options
    I gave up on that after two episodes, the problem is for me to get into something new on tv it has to reach the bar set by The Wire, Game of Thrones, 24, the walking dead and Spartacus (I know)

I had a go at boardwalk empire and while I thought it was ok there were far too many hairy vaginas for me and not enough interesting happening. I tried treme (awful) and recently the borgias which was ok but not very exciting.

My current ones are being human, walking dead and I'm moist about the return of game of thrones. I read the books a while ago and they do a decent job of visualising them
  • Options
    Carter said:

I gave up on that after two episodes, the problem is for me to get into something new on tv it has to reach the bar set by The Wire, Game of Thrones, 24, the walking dead and Spartacus (I know)

I had a go at boardwalk empire and while I thought it was ok there were far too many hairy vaginas for me and not enough interesting happening. I tried treme (awful) and recently the borgias which was ok but not very exciting.

My current ones are being human, walking dead and I'm moist about the return of game of thrones. I read the books a while ago and they do a decent job of visualising them

What about the sopranos?
  • Options
    Carter said:

The final 3 episodes of Season one of Treme are superb and season 2 is one of the finest seasons on TV I have ever watched. Boardwalk too is really good once you get into it, first half of season one is a bit slow but it really goes pick up. I quite enjoyed The Borgais, has its flaws but I find the setting etc really interesting.
  • Options
    Is the walking dead back on? Just purchased the whole of the wire, I am expecting good things
  • Options

Is the walking dead back on? Just purchased the whole of the wire, I am expecting good things

It's certainly on in the US as they have just three left of season 3.
  • Options
    Yeah FX are showing it on Friday nights, a little under a week after the US transmission. COming to the end of the second half of season two. Can't wait to find out if it's as brutal as the comic book..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the finalé of 'Spiral' tonight .. what am I gonna watch now !!!???
  • Options
    Started the Sopranos 86 disc marathon this week, on E02, so far, so good.
  • Options
    Nashville is doing it for me at the moment because I like the music. Good one for original Dallas fans.
  • Options
    They're dragging The Walking Dead out too much. increasing it to 16 episodes a season was a mistake. Sunday's (US) episode was ridiculous filler. No spoilers, for those who haven't seen it - but when it airs over here (this week i believe) you'll see what I mean.
  • Options
    Anyone else watched Sons of Anarchy?
    Half way through first season. Pretty good although not in the same league as Sopranos and Breaking Bad.
  • Options

They're dragging The Walking Dead out too much. increasing it to 16 episodes a season was a mistake. Sunday's (US) episode was ridiculous filler. No spoilers, for those who haven't seen it - but when it airs over here (this week i believe) you'll see what I mean.

As much as I wish it were on every week, I reckon you're right. The comic zips along pretty quick.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Anyone else watched Sons of Anarchy?
    Half way through first season. Pretty good although not in the same league as Sopranos and Breaking Bad.

Have watched a few on Netflix, so many shows to watch. Been meaning to watch the rest. Just discovered Workaholics which is a comedy about 3 lads, currently on it's 3rd series.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

As much as I wish it were on every week, I reckon you're right. The comic zips along pretty quick.
    It was a filler, and a disappointing one at that. Still next two should be a bit friggin mennal. There will be a pretty horrible scene involving the governor and a hostage and a pretty evil response. Only a guess, mind
  • Options
    I love Laurie Holden - have always liked her since the X Files, and she was brilliant in SIlent Hill. I have to say though, that they've given her a piss-poor role to play. She's like the characters in Lost traipsing from the beach to the caves and back all the way through seasons 1 and 2.
  • Options
    Sons of anarchy is excellent. Just finished season 5 . Also watching Justified which is very good.