Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Onto series 4 of breaking bad and just per ordered series 5 in amazon sales, due out June 2013. Brother & sister in law got me the Whole sopranos series for Xmas, so that's me for most of early 2013 sorted
  • Options
    Portlandia starts in a week or so...that's pretty funny & if you have ever had the pleasure of visiting Portland, Oregon you'll love it...
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Portlandia starts in a week or so...that's pretty funny & if you have ever had the pleasure of visiting Portland, Oregon you'll love it...

"Grimm" !

• Options

Not sure (without going back through all posts) if it's been mentioned...........

Hell on wheels. Now running in it's 3rd series. I'm just finishing the first series and enjoying every minute of it (thanks to Blackheath addick for the heads up).

Started watching this while I was off work sick this week. Have to say it is brilliant so far. Cheers for the recommendation Tango!
  • Options
    When House finished I was a bit stuck; but over the summer I got through all the episodes of Bones and I'm now up to date with it; a pretty decent watch with the girlfriend.

Dexter I was enjoying; currently on Season 4 but haven't watched it in a few weeks now.

Breaking Bad has been my real love affair recently though; based on the views of you guys I gave it a go about 6 weeks ago; on the latest season now.

I'm also enjoying "Elementary" though; and as its the first season there's no catch up to do. It's a modern take on Sherlock Holmes... Kinda.

Same with "Perception" which has just finished; cracking watch - if only for the fitty in it and the hallucinations.

That said, I'm definitely getting vibes of House from the last two.
  • Options
    Just seen a trailer for "Blandings", new BBC adaptation of the PG Wodehouse stories. Starts tomorrow week, great cast, lets hope it lives up to its promise.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

When House finished I was a bit stuck; but over the summer I got through all the episodes of Bones and I'm now up to date with it; a pretty decent watch with the girlfriend.

Dexter I was enjoying; currently on Season 4 but haven't watched it in a few weeks now.

Breaking Bad has been my real love affair recently though; based on the views of you guys I gave it a go about 6 weeks ago; on the latest season now.

I'm also enjoying "Elementary" though; and as its the first season there's no catch up to do. It's a modern take on Sherlock Holmes... Kinda.

Same with "Perception" which has just finished; cracking watch - if only for the fitty in it and the hallucinations.

Fantastic ending to Breaking Bad season 4, already pre ordered season 5 for June this year, bu you can get it on Netflix apparently

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

Saw the first episode of Elementary when I was over in the states, personally thought it was awful but tbf that's only based off 1 episode. Has nothing on BBCs Sherlock.

You probably get vibes of those House in those 2 as Gregory House is based on Sherlock Holmes.
  • Options
    Anyone else see Utopia on Ch4 on Tuesday? 6 part series but very fast moving and intriguing.
  • Options
    Missed the start and saw about 10 mins of it half way through. Recorded it on ch4+1 as it did enough to get me interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, we watched this, bolloxbolder.

Pretty violent stuff but well worth following through IMHO.
  • Options
    Just got hooked on Borgen (Danish political drama).
  • Options
    I've just watched the first couple of series of 'Louie'. Funniest thing I've seen for years. Really dry/dark humour.
  • Options

Anyone else see Utopia on Ch4 on Tuesday? 6 part series but very fast moving and intriguing.

The nutter (Neil Maskell) is a local lad! I used to play football with him for Long Lane
  • Options
    Great night out?
  • Options
    Seen the first one, quite enjoyed that, got the second recorded, has potential.
  • Options

Just watched it ...definitely worth watching further
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Yes if anyone likes torture check out the scene with the eyes! Chilies, sand and then bleach followed by gauging out with a tea spoon.
  • Options
    Will be tuning in for episode 2 on Tuesday.

New series starting on Tues , Sky Atlantic, 10pm also, called " The Following" .

Stars Kevin Bacon & advertised as " a jumpy crime thriller which will have you hooked from the first 5 minutes"

So many goodies to watch - so little time !!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

stonemuse said:

Yes if anyone likes torture check out the scene with the eyes! Chilies, sand and then bleach followed by gauging out with a tea spoon.

Hmmm....

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Seen the first one, quite enjoyed that, got the second recorded, has potential.

2nd one even funnier
  • Options
    Jericho, watched first 3 episodes, switched it off, garbage
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Great night out?

Like it. Simple, inoffensive, harmless fun. Won't win any awards but so what? A pleasant programme that doesn't rely on gratuitous sex and swearing to get laughs.
  • Options
    Have been enjoying Ripper Street good cast, quirky characters and strong acting and storylines. Not your usual Sunday night fare but excellent all the same
  • Options

Have been enjoying Ripper Street good cast, quirky characters and strong acting and storylines. Not your usual Sunday night fare but excellent all the same

Would agree this is another little gem, dave.

• Options

me too - can't believe I've watched all 6 episodes without worrying about the subtitles and after a while you forget you are basically reading the script !

• Options

me too - can't believe I've watched all 6 episodes without worrying about the subtitles and after a while you forget you are basically reading the script !

Acting and subject matter is superb Golf and the main female lead Sidse Babett Knudsen is right up my street.

We think we know anything about coalition politics!

• Options
    My Mrs watches those Scandi programmes on X2 speed. Saves a lot of time!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

The nutter (Neil Maskell) is a local lad! I used to play football with him for Long Lane
    Are you sure? Neil Maskell used to play football?

AFKA and I were in the same year at school with Neil for years and he wasnt exactly the PE lessons type. Dont actually ever remember him being in PE lessons full stop. He certainly never played for the school team.
  • Options

Yes, loving Jerome Flynn in a very different role from usual.