Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Has anyone on here watched Fargo? It’s a spinoff from the film and with some input from the Coen brothers. It’s as dark, inane, humourous and as brutal as you’d imagine. I absolutely love the character Malvo.
  • Options
    Yes, mate. Enjoyed it very much. After the usual Breaking Bad hangover, Fargo and True Detective were the best US dramas this year, bar none.
  • Options
    Anybody watch The Driver on the Beeb last night ? I thought that it built up and established the characters very well, and did enough to have me watching again. If there is anyone on here unhappy with their lot at the moment, have a look at the main character it might make you feel better.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Gotham starts on C5 soon, looks decent. Made by the same people that made 'Rome', which was quality.

I don't quite get the concept of Gotham. isn't it about Gotham City before Batman arrives ? Seems a strange idea.
    Yes, the director has said there will be no mention of Batman at all during the series, although you do see the young Bruce Wayne. The main focus is on James Gordon and his life within Gothams police department. You also meet the bad guys early on in their criminal life (Oswald Cobblepot is a right hand man to a female criminal) and learn how Gothams underground criminal network is run. Im gonna give it a go.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Anybody watch The Driver on the Beeb last night ? I thought that it built up and established the characters very well, and did enough to have me watching again. If there is anyone on here unhappy with their lot at the moment, have a look at the main character it might make you feel better.

Yes, I thought it was good, but David Morrissey rarely disappoints.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

I would've decked his daughter's boyfriend. 'Get out the cab!' then wallop.

• Options
    Watched first couple of episodes of the Leftovers, not sure what to make of it but reckon it's gonna drag. Not a fan of the cult in it that don't speak, any cult just gives me flashbacks of the shitty Following.
  • Options
    Anyone been watching Under the Dome on C5? Starting to get very Lost-like now.
  • Options
    Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but enjoying Cilla. Sheridan Smith is such a good little actress.
  • Options

Anyone been watching Under the Dome on C5? Starting to get very Lost-like now.

Watched the first series and a couple from this. Really don't know how I stuck with it for so long, it's utter shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Watched first couple of episodes of the Leftovers, not sure what to make of it but reckon it's gonna drag. Not a fan of the cult in it that don't speak, any cult just gives me flashbacks of the shitty Following.

I watched the first 3 last night. I like it, very strange but there's enough in it to keep me intrigued.
  • Options

Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but enjoying Cilla. Sheridan Smith is such a good little actress.

Saw the first one purely for Smith, she's very good but never had any interest in Cilla Black, not my era so doubt I'll watch the rest.
  • Options
    Yes I am enjoying Cilla AFKA. Especially like Sheridan Smith, but fear that NLA has first dibbs on her:)
  • Options

I think she is destined to become one of the greats. ( Sheridan, not Cilla... ). Not caught up with the series yet.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Yes, mate. Enjoyed it very much. After the usual Breaking Bad hangover, Fargo and True Detective were the best US dramas this year, bar none.

There will be a second season of Fargo but I'm not sure how it will work. I'll have to check out True Detective.

I tried watching the US House of Cards and Danish Killing on Netflix but I found them a little too slow. I should give them another go soon.
  • Options

Liking this too. I think Sheridan Smith and Aneurin Barnard are quality actors.
  • Options
    Sheridan Smith is a great actress, sexy as hell as well. Something about her..
  • Options
    I know, there's just something about her...

• Options
    hawksmoor said:

Raise you...

• Options
    Definite 'not suitable for work' should be tagged on that one! Jesus christ, I have never minimised my screen down so fast.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MOTHER OF GOD!
  • Options
    that feel when james corden has porked her and you haven't

• Options

Definite 'not suitable for work' should be tagged on that one! Jesus christ, I have never minimised my screen down so fast.

Yet you somehow still managed to post that?

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Yet you somehow still managed to post that?

smartphones
  • Options
    You can minimise your screen and scroll down so you can't see the post of course.
    After I had got over the initial shock.

• Options
    Just dropped my bacon sarnie.....back to the thread......just started Gomorrah and impressed with the first episode.
  • Options
    Talal said:

hawksmoor said:

Raise you...

My god
  • Options
    Getting back to the thread I've seen the leftovers and it's very good but don't expect to have answers by the end of this series. The usual thing of setting it up for series two.
  • Options
    I've stuck with the leftovers but it is so weird, macarbe and dark I'm not sure im gonna go the whole length. Tyrant is ok, a little easier to watch even if the main protagonists wife is properly annoying.

Walking dead leads all others especially after the last series, game if thrones is obviously fantastic and true detective was excellent.

Ray Donovan is good fun Jon Voight steals every scene he is near. And Hank Azaria was a good add this season