Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Man in the High Castle - up to S2/ 5 so far, not the best but has me curious to know what's going to happen next so doing its job.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Anyone watch " A very British Brothel" on C4 last night?

My god the massage girls were all 16 stone plus and rough as fuck. Some of the perverted things they were asked to do by some punters though - totally unique (meaning weird). Some mad people out there. Oh hum back to the tennis and CL for me.

Ha, I'm glad I wasn't the only one watching it. My wife suggested we watched it. Bit of an eye opener that programme. Although the state of them, closing your eyes would have been the better option lol.
    A good Sherman tank would have been a better option!!!!!!!!!
  • Recently finished watching series one of Hunderby. Some batshit crazy characters, loved it.
  • edited January 2017
    Designated survivor on Netflix
  • shine166 said:

Good reminder. Started watching this a few weeks ago and forgot all about over Christmas. Will have another go.
  • shine166 said:

Good reminder. Started watching this a few weeks ago and forgot all about over Christmas. Will have another go.
    I'm 3 episodes in and probably won't be moving for the rest of the day

• Fiiish said:

Caught the first episode of the second series of Channel 4 crime drama-comedy No Offence. Was very enjoyable. Good if dark humour is your cup of tea.

Oh good, it's back, thanks for the heads-up, I really enjoyed the first series.
    If anyone wants to play catch-up, the first series is available from C4 online as a box set.
  • Taboo with the excellent Tom Hardy, can be seen on BBC iplayer.
  • Fiiish said:

Caught the first episode of the second series of Channel 4 crime drama-comedy No Offence. Was very enjoyable. Good if dark humour is your cup of tea.

We caught up with that last night (aren't catch-up services wonderful?). It looks better than the first series and that was very good.
  • I've just finished the pilot of Blindspot. So far, so good.

Just finished episode 2. Getting really silly, FBI uncover major illegal activity by the US military and just ignore it, being able to jump into a car and drive it without having the keys, being shot at by someone with an automatic weapon and every shot misses. Why do American shows have to have so much firepower in the hands of people who couldn't close the cow's arse / banjo interface? Arrow is another example, I'm sure there are loads more.

I'll give episode 3 a go as I like the basic premise but it it as daft as this episode, that's me done.
    Ep 3 and 4 were better, and then 5 got daft again. Still, there's enough there to keep me coming back.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

SPOILER WARNING

What is it about being the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development? The same person got to become President in S2 of The Last Ship.
  • shine166 said:

Finished the first season last night - really enjoyed it. 2nd season out in March.
  • shine166 said:

SPOILER WARNING

What is it about being the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development? The same person got to become President in S2 of The Last Ship.
    Widely considered the most senior post of no importance, so they miss the state of the union address.

It looks very promising, rather dark & 1st episode was very good.
  • Sherlock was absolute mental last night. Enjoyed it though.
  • Sherlock was absolute mental last night. Enjoyed it though.

Equal parts genius and bat shit crazy

It looks very promising, rather dark & 1st episode was very good.
    Was good. Parts of it filmed in Danson house .
  • Talal said:

Just had an email from Sky, free box sets for 3 months so that'll do nicely. First time Sky have ever given me anything.

Free, or free as part of a contract that will cost you an arm and a leg and send your soul to that circle of hell reserved for those who support Murdoch's take over of the whole world?
  • Up to date with Designated Survivor. There's some good stuff in there but it does annoy me when characters keep things secret when they should spill the beans.

Up to Ep 9 of Blindspot. It's got a few up and downs, and the bad guys with semi-automatic weaponry are still crap shots, but this episode ended with a cover of The Pixies' Where is my Mind (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gkibxWr0DY) and that makes up for a multitude of sins.
  • Halfway through Designated Survivor and really enjoying it. Good characters, goes at a good pace, Sort of a West Wing/24 mash up and I loved them
  • Sponsored links:

• Search Party - Girls meets Stranger Things sort of thing
    High Maintenance - Weed dealer with stories about his clients interlinked stories. Based on a webisode no HBO have picked it up.
    Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 11 a great return to the best comedy on TV at the moment
  • Finally started the final series of boardwalk empire.
  • Talal said:

Just had an email from Sky, free box sets for 3 months so that'll do nicely. First time Sky have ever given me anything.

Free, or free as part of a contract that will cost you an arm and a leg and send your soul to that circle of hell reserved for those who support Murdoch's take over of the whole world?
    I left sky, then after the 3rd time of begging me to come back I signed up to a heavily discounted basic package, so they're not getting much from me at all. The 'free' box sets are a nice bonus.
  • Something happened in Silent Witness as I was just having a drift off moment, which made my wife scream the house down.
    That got my attention, I nearly had a clutcher there and then!

This really went downhill after the series with Gyp Rosetti in it I thought.
  • Enjoyed the first episode of Sherlock last week but thought last nights was pants. Lost the plot after about 20 minutes and interest not long after that.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

I left sky, then after the 3rd time of begging me to come back I signed up to a heavily discounted basic package, so they're not getting much from me at all. The 'free' box sets are a nice bonus.
    If one must sup with the devil, that's as good a way as any. (I actually mis-read the initial post and though you'd got a free box, which was why I was questioning if it was actually free).
  • Enjoyed the first episode of Sherlock last week but thought last nights was pants. Lost the plot after about 20 minutes and interest not long after that.

I felt the opposite, hated the first episode but thought the second was much better.

This really went downhill after the series with Gyp Rosetti in it I thought.
    Im two in and IMO it's real quality as previous

It was a very random first 20 mins but I think that was the point as he was meant to be all over the place on drugs.