Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• LenGlover said:

Am I alone in watching Endeavour?

Probably my favourite series.
  • Sherlock has done me tonight. Never felt so on edge with a tv show.

Nah. Quite enjoyed the first half hour then lost interest again. Must be me.
  • Sherlock has done me tonight. Never felt so on edge with a tv show.

Nah. Quite enjoyed the first half hour then lost interest again. Must be me.
    I was the other way round. First 15 minutes I was tempted to switch over. Got better and better. Brilliant
  • Anyone seen The Bureau, a French spy thriller? Seems to be very well reviewed, but never heard of it before now.

Got it off ITunes, and enjoying. Spies. More Homeland than Spooks. Series 2 said to be even better. Don't know why BBC4 didnt pick this up.

• Just finished stranger things.... woah.

This sounds like my kind of series. Might have to take a look at Netflix.

2 new series starting next Sunday : Apple Tree Yard on BBC1 and Homeland on Channel 4. Looking forward to both.

And the new series of Fortitude starts on Thursday 26th on Sky Atlantic.
  • Just watched, what I assume will be, the last episode of Sherlock.

I'm not sure if this series has been good or not to be honest, none more so than episode 3.

At times it was pretty intense, but when it was all said and done I don't think there was much substance to the plot and it didn't make a lot of sense. But then the Holmes stories never were supposed to be a gritty crime thrillers, I suppose.
  • Bad news re established Euro crime series.

Seems the fourth and final series of the The Bridge won't be ready until next year. The next Spiral may be sooner, but as yet no air date even in France. Not sure how I am going to get through the winter, but am having another look at the Walter Presents package.

By that, do you mean 2018? (Stupid question I know).

That is disappointing news as I though it would normally, following the schedule of the previous series, have been on in autumn 2016 so that would be 18 months ish latter than usual.
  • Bad news re established Euro crime series.

Seems the fourth and final series of the The Bridge won't be ready until next year. The next Spiral may be sooner, but as yet no air date even in France. Not sure how I am going to get through the winter, but am having another look at the Walter Presents package.

By that, do you mean 2018? (Stupid question I know).

That is disappointing news as I though it would normally, following the schedule of the previous series, have been on in autumn 2016 so that would be 18 months ish latter than usual.
    Yes, afraid so. They only started filming in the autumn of last year. They are promising that the opening will be the darkest yet, that this time most of the action will be on the Danish side, and her Danish colleague who ended up in the nick may be back.

• Started Designated Survivor this morning. Smashed through 3 episodes already. Really good!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Just discovered a brilliant French TV show called Braquo about a bunch of bent cops - It's already had four seasons. Highly recomended
  • Just discovered a brilliant French TV show called Braquo about a bunch of bent cops - It's already had four seasons. Highly recomended

Yes I put this on here ages ago Eddie is a hero a French jack regan.

This sounds like my kind of series. Might have to take a look at Netflix.

2 new series starting next Sunday : Apple Tree Yard on BBC1 and Homeland on Channel 4. Looking forward to both.

And the new series of Fortitude starts on Thursday 26th on Sky Atlantic.
    I hope Homeland is better than the last series as I thought it was a bit dull at times.
  • Just discovered a brilliant French TV show called Braquo about a bunch of bent cops - It's already had four seasons. Highly recomended

If either of you are Spiral fans, how would you compare (or contrast) Braquo to Spiral?

• This is a French version of the Sweeney but more violent. Not as good as spiral but good storyline and very very watchable . This is the third time now I have recommended this to you @PragueAddick see above and previously on the foreign films thread. Available as box set on Fox.

If either of you are Spiral fans, how would you compare (or contrast) Braquo to Spiral?

I've never seen Spiral
  • This is a French version of the Sweeney but more violent. Not as good as spiral but good storyline and very very watchable . This is the third time now I have recommended this to you @PragueAddick see above and previously on the foreign films thread. Available as box set on Fox.

Sure and please don't think I didn't appreciate the first time, but especially if there are already 4 series I like to know whether it's worth diving in, as I am not the type to binge on multiple episodes per night. And I would have to download it, er, informally, unless like The Bureau it is on ITunes

Sure and please don't think I didn't appreciate the first time, but especially if there are already 4 series I like to know whether it's worth diving in, as I am not the type to binge on multiple episodes per night. And I would have to download it, er, informally, unless like The Bureau it is on ITunes
    I reckon our tastes are broadly similar. I think you will really enjoy it.

Spiral has Audrey Flouret so would be difficult to beat.
  • Has anyone persevered with Taboo, I lasted about 20 minutes and it was a tad odd and I couldn't get into it, worth sticking with?

by a similar team that made Peaky Blinders with the added impetus of Ridley Scott .. one day they'll make a series that is not set totally in the dark .. not impressed with this .. just as with Peaky Bleeders it looks to me like a melodrama that'll be stretched to breaking point .. Tom Hardy does his usual mad but sane hardman act .. waste of a good talent ?
    just watched episode 2 on iPlayer .. more sense, more explanation .. it seems that the plot will revolve mainly around a little known early 19c. war between the fledgling USA and Britain .. we will see
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably been mentioned already so apologies but Icelandic thriller called " Case" starting on Ch 4 on Tues evening at 10pm.

9 parter.

I reckon our tastes are broadly similar. I think you will really enjoy it.
    looks like a good recco, watched the first episode last night, and definitely about to watch another one. Thanks a lot, mate. Double header of French drama, with the Bureau.

• Not going out....used to be one of my absolute favourites.
    New series isn't worth a cup of cold piss imo.
  • Just watched the second episode of Sherlock and thought it was woeful, as was the first. I enjoyed the first couple of series but they've lost their way.

Couldn't agree more .
    Totally disagree. It's not perfect but it's not churning out the same old same old every episode which something like Elementary does (admittedly I've not watched the latest episodes), despite how good Johnny Lee Miller is as an actor.
  • edited January 2017
    Watching Amy Winehouse on C14. Awesome!!!
  • Just started watching Mr Robot, seems good so far, only watch an episode and a half

I've never seen Spiral
    Just bought series 1-4 on Amazon for £20 after wanting to watch it for a few years. Will feedback when I get round to finishing it
  • Just finished watching the 4 part series of Delicious on Sky 1. Weird, overhyped & not very good IMO
  • Really enjoyed Apple Tree Yard last night.

I've never seen Spiral
    Just bought series 1-4 on Amazon for £20 after wanting to watch it for a few years. Will feedback when I get round to finishing it
    You will love it mate